Please make Equipment slots, Builds slots and inventory slots account bound. Or maybe have a one time profession change token?

Hello everyone,

I was told by the support team to write on the forum here cause the dev team reads every post on here they said so here I go!

I'm an elementalist main. Thats kind of all I want to say about that. I want to change mains. What is stopping me? All the money I invested on my main character. From inventory slots to build templates to equipment templates. Thats not the only part that would suck when I would swap mains but still. The current state of elementalist, well the last few years basicly, is making me not enjoy the game anymore. 
If they would bring out a one time profession change for 2000 gems, I would gladly buy that. This sounds pretty unrealistic because gw2 is a game that promotes having alt characters.
Thats why changing character bound to account bound a massive change for me.  Would they make less money if they did that? I honestly don't know. I don't know how many of those other people buy. I do know that for me, I would buy way more of those if they were account bound. Now I have a few for my main and that is it. I find it a waste on my other characters.

Am I the only one that would like this change to be implemented or am I being completely wrong? Please share your thoughts and opinions 🙂 

cheers

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I’m a weaver main, and I disagree with what you imply by saying “current state of elementalist, well the last few years basically”. Sure, catalyst design is lackluster and never, not even for a second, made me consider switching to catalyst as opposed to weaver.

However, weaver is strong in pvp (fire weaver, fresh air, and D/F Lightning rod are all good builds on weaver depending on the matchup), pretty solid in fractals, and can easily solo open world content if you play the fire weaver build (basically the same as fire weaver in pvp).

If you want, I can show you in game how I play weaver and teach you stuff if you’re interested.

With that said, I wouldn’t mind them making the equipment/build templates account bound, but I seriously doubt that Anet will do that and lose out on all the extra money they make. Perhaps, maybe if you’re lucky, they could add a profession changing item (I doubt they will do this either though)

EDIT:

What will actually happen is that either Anet, or more likely the Anet white knights on the forum, will tell you that it’s a “waste of resources” to implement your suggestion. That’s the safety net excuse thrown around so much that can pretty much be said of any suggestion.

Edited by jcH.7109
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, KrivukasLT.3507 said:

Profesion change/race change  is imposible because its tied to diferent choises you make in personal story.

Profession has no impact to the story at all afaik. As for race change they could make it so you get the second half of the character-creation pop up as you use the item so you can make your story-choices. After you have already played the personal story it would only make a difference in the story part of the hero panel after all.

About the bag-slots I can say that i never bothered with buying one because I change my main nearly as often as my underwear. If they were account-bound anet could get some money out of me. I also would like the endless harvesting tools to have a share function like the legendary armory. Because I will not buy more, but it's a pain to pass them around. 😒

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm also an ele main, and I would pay a kittening tons of gems/gold for a class change. It's so hard to invest a lot in time/golds/money on a character, and to see it like that, while pretty every other class completely changed with elite spec/balance patch.

I can understand that race change is pretty hard to implement, as it has a lot of impact, but I don't see anything on the class side, as they can already disable gear, rewards from story are only skins, and pretty much nothing else.

I also asked support if they could do that, they recommanded to pretty much ask dev on forum as they read it to see if it was a project.

Edited by Chromatic Drake.3168
  • Sad 1

I would love to see a profession change contract in the gem store. Or, alternatively, an item that lets you transfer character specific progression to a different character.

Specifically being able to transfer LW/expansion story progression, unlocked WP/vistas/PoI/HP, and hopefully also bag slots/template slots to a different character. Losing all of that just to switch to a new main is something I'm not willing to do, but there are times I wish I could change my main profession

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I would never buy or use a profession change (or race change) token, but I would like equipment, build and inventory upgrades to be account-wide and I'd be more likely to buy them if they were.

As it is I've bought 1 bag slot upgrade in 9 years and feel like that was a waste of money because I don't really use the extra space. I've never bought equipment or build slots and I'm not likely to do so. When we got a free build slot it sat in my bank for ages before I used it on my ranger, as much to get rid of it as because it might be useful. But if it was an account-wide upgrade that I could use on any of my characters without having to know in advance when and where I'm likely to want it I'd be much more likely to buy them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

your post is exactly why anet shouldnt make it account bound...

nerf people's main > they play other characters > they buy new build/template slots > anet makes money

Me swapping to another character doesnt make me spent more money. But yeah I'm sure you are right that some do that and they make money that way. I still feel like people would spent more if it was acc wide. 

• Sad 1

Wish I could remove a slot expansion and move it to another char. Currently impatiently waiting for bag slot sale cuz I'm in process of rerolling my Sylvari Thief to Human since I'm finally bored of Sylvari males having barely any properly fitting armor. Cantha didn't add much and still nothing from GW1 Assassins; that of which wouldn't have overstretched buttcapes to deal with if they existed.

I have a Sylvari Revenant with max slots too I wish I could reroll but one character is already asking a lot as is so he's just stuck. (And of course transferring names is a complete nightmare if you want to do it.)

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Sad 1

With the addition to a new elite for each class, they should have given us an account wide unlock of 1 extra equipment slot to compensate. Cause now you can't have one build for each elite which is kinda missing the point. 

But equipment and build templates should have been account wide from the start.

• Sad 1

On 3/18/2022 at 11:53 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

With the addition to a new elite for each class, they should have given us an account wide unlock of 1 extra equipment slot to compensate. Cause now you can't have one build for each elite which is kinda missing the point. 

The point was never to give you 1 template for each elite spec, it was to give you templates for different playstyles. That typically means different elite specs, but that was never the actual goal of the templates

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, OriOri.8724 said:

The point was never to give you 1 template for each elite spec, it was to give you templates for different playstyles. That typically means different elite specs, but that was never the actual goal of the templates

The actual goal of the templates was selling gems, nothing more, nothing less.

Anet is the one that made the system, if they wanted it to, they could have made it their point to give players quality of life, not a milking machine. 

And any "well they have to make money" argument doesn't apply here. Want to support them? Buy mount skins. 

This should have been a core feature. Not a way to milk players. 

So i know what the point was of the templates, i'm just saying i don't agree with it and that it should have been different. Not that it was different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1