When are the other professions going to get shroud mechanic?

Paradoxoglanis.1904

2 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Necro shroud gives them like 2.5x their normal health. Now spectre shroud does the same. What a surprise, both are incredibly overpowered in pvp. When can the other classes get some shroud power creep?

As soon as they lose all their Stealth, Clones, Blocks, Invulns, Evades, Weapon Mobility Skills, almost all Combo Field and Finishers and most Boon Access I suppose? 

Then again, Specter didn't, so who knows.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I think it's dead for:

- Ranger -> Druid's avatar.

- Engineer -> Holosmith's holoforge.

- Warrior -> Bladesworn's gunsaber.

The might be hope for elementalist, guardian (because it's guardian), revenant and mesmer.

And here I quote a thing that made me laugh this week: "HOPIUM!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I think it's dead for:

The might be hope for elementalist, guardian (because it's guardian), revenant and mesmer.

If you're counting holoforge, gunsaber, and celestial avatar as shrouds, tomes probably count too. And mesmer would probably be more likely to get something like tomes as well.

Elementalist and revenant I could see.

I would not mind seeing barrier fill in for a shroud mechanic for other classes. I am not sure if other classes should get a true shroud mechanic with a full cut to being able to be healed by others during it.

Arcain mood for ele giving the ele a barrier pules and barrier base off of dmg that eats energy or "mana" (not life foces).

Thief elite specs are just such trainwrecks in terms of design.

You know how mirage and vindicator make trade-offs for their special dodge. DD gets a third dodge, tons of extra endurance gain and keeps all of its existing stealth.

Tradeoffs for 1500 range oneshots? No, instead lets completely remove what limited counterplay exists for stealth.

And let's give shroud to Thief. What, take away the stealth and/or shadowsteps to make it balanced? No no, let's give them barrier when they stealth and healing when they shadowstep. And shroud gives reveal so you get extra bonuses from traits.

Edited by RabbitUp.8294
  • Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 10:55 PM, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Imagine a Warrior with Shroud... LOL. 

could have been cool as a berserker transform style mechanic where you get new skills and your rage acts as a shroud gauge being spent as you use your skills. Imagine warrior with a 2handed battle axe... dont think it couldnt have happened. You laugh I say it would be great.

On 3/24/2022 at 4:01 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

I think it's dead for:

I hope they rework the druids avatar a bit to make it a bit more fun to play when they look at reworking spirits there is a lack of druids in the community right now it would seem or rather people opting to play druid because why would you over heal brand or mechanist or something like that.

1 hour ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

I hope they rework the druids avatar a bit to make it a bit more fun to play when they look at reworking spirits there is a lack of druids in the community right now it would seem or rather people opting to play druid because why would you over heal brand or mechanist or something like that.

The thing with druid's avatar is that it's excessively specialized into healing. Ranger (and incidently druid) will most likely get Alacrity on spirits which will put druid into the not-so-original Alac-heal role. I'm pretty sure the devs will be pretty content with that.

1 minute ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The thing with druid's avatar is that it's excessively specialized into healing. Ranger (and incidently druid) will most likely get Alacrity on spirits which will put druid into the not-so-original Alac-heal role. I'm pretty sure the devs will be pretty content with that.

honestly we do need a few more specs with alac i tried mechanist and specter and neither of them scream to me to make me want to keep playing them I wouldnt mind having at least one more option to try. Rev gets old fast but is still the best current option if i must alac sadly rev does not have spotter or spirits and cant do alot of the things people often like druids to do. Unoriginal sure it would but if they make it fun and not overly complicated and clunky to play i would be all for it.

10 minutes ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

honestly we do need a few more specs with alac i tried mechanist and specter and neither of them scream to me to make me want to keep playing them I wouldnt mind having at least one more option to try. Rev gets old fast but is still the best current option if i must alac sadly rev does not have spotter or spirits and cant do alot of the things people often like druids to do. Unoriginal sure it would but if they make it fun and not overly complicated and clunky to play i would be all for it.

Spirit losing their unique buff will hurt them a lot. The fact that Alac will be tied to them is the only thing that might save this utility set. From my point of view it's a loss for the ranger even if it put the druid on the same ground than revenant with Spotter as a bonus.

13 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Would be nice to see Celestial Avatar reworked into something that makes druid a bit better when solo, but yeah, not holding my breath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Would be nice to see Celestial Avatar reworked into something that makes druid a bit better when solo, but yeah, not holding my breath.

Indeed, it would be nice.

I think they could make druid better by adding to the options that would promote a flash shrouding gameplay. There is druidic clarity and celestial shadow that are a nice foundation for that. Personally, I'd change Grace of the land to give might when you enter and leave the avatar while reducing both the duration and CD of the avatar. Something like:

Grace of the land: Whenever you enter or leave the avatar, grant 4 might (10s) to allies around you. The Avatar CD is reduced by 50% while it's duration is set at 5s.