Sooooo Is Willbender Good now?

Legend of Rogue.5394

Willbender flames can be ignored and the animation lock is still a big issue. Yeah its technically more mobile than core guardian, but core and DH can provide better burst.

Its meant to be a "roamer" similar to thief for pvp, but it lacks the reliable disengage and with low healing from Flowing Resolve, its squishy as heck. Going with a tanky amulet means its damage is subpar, even with the change to Righteous Instincts.

• Like 5

Willbender is better in spvp but not nearly good enough.  It doesn't fix all the underlying issue's such as the following:

-Backloaded dmg is still there from symbols

-Sustain still a problem.  Vitality wasn't the main issue

-Still hard to land dmg given you still don't have a lot of soft-cc/superspeed/quickness

-Physical skills are still bad

-Whirling light still bugged and doesn't hit behind you

-Lacks fury

-Slightly rework Advancing strike to be half dash and half port vs 90% dash and 10% port currently.

-Maybe add 1 condition cleanse to F2 in addition to the movement cleanses.

Edited by Arken.3725
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Arken.3725 said:

Willbender is better in spvp but not nearly good enough.  It doesn't fix all the underlying issue's such as the following:

-Backloaded dmg is still there from symbols

-Sustain still a problem.  Vitality wasn't the main issue

-Still hard to land dmg given you still don't have a lot of soft-cc/superspeed/quickness

-Physical skills are still bad

-Whirling light still bugged and doesn't hit behind you

-Lacks fury

-Slightly rework Advancing strike to be half dash and half port vs 90% dash and 10% port currently.

-Maybe add 1 condition cleanse to F2 in addition to the movement cleanses.

It needs more buffs to be competitive meta yes. But is it a good ranked build? Yes. 

F2 proc rate could be lowered to 3 hits for more sustain but it is decent now. HP was definitely an issue which free damage that you get now from traits compensates loss from running mara over zerker. 

You have 2s immob now on sword offhand. But maybe virtures swiftness could be changed to superspeed. You don't need quickness. 

I agree physical skills are mostly bad but does it really matter when meditations exist? I think the only interesting physical skill is the port which shouldn't have any conditions to giving backport. So just change that one to not require to hit any damage to gain access to backport. 

You don't need fury when you have permanent 40% crit chance from radiance. With marauder divinity you got 100,1% crit chance and 198% crit mod. You also don't need cleanse on F2 because you already cleanse all movement condis and then you run cleanse in virtures which has no icd and it is really strong and also brings teamfight utility since F2 is two charges low cd and you provide cleanse for allies. 

Edited by McPero.3287
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

McPero.3287

I'm not suggesting give it a ton of quickness but a little would help.

Also, HP is ALWAYS an issue when it comes to damage but I'd rather have more active defenses than some arbitrary hp increase.  

Static mechanics do not belong on Willbender(symbols and Willbender flames).  

You still have almost no soft-cc outside of OH Sword 5.  No cripple, chill, other forms of immob, ect.

Terribly tracking skills are still a huge problem for guardian(Scepter auto for example)

It IS better in ranked but again, not nearly good enough.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Arken.3725 said:

McPero.3287

I'm not suggesting give it a ton of quickness but a little would help.

Also, HP is ALWAYS an issue when it comes to damage but I'd rather have more active defenses than some arbitrary hp increase.  

Static mechanics do not belong on Willbender(symbols and Willbender flames).  

You still have almost no soft-cc outside of OH Sword 5.  No cripple, chill, other forms of immob, ect.

Terribly tracking skills are still a huge problem for guardian(Scepter auto for example)

It IS better in ranked but again, not nearly good enough.  

How would you implement quickness like where would you put it (ability, trait...)? 

I mean you get arbitrary increase of offensive stats to be able to take amulet rune with defensive passive stats. Don't think a 13k HP spec that relies on active defenses could ever work it would probably be just evade, invun, aegis, blind spam that everyone would hate. 

That would require guardian rework to begin with removing symbols which are kitten mechanic but let's be real they aren't getting rid off them. 

I mean on weapons compared to herald, herald has chill on sword 2 but you have port on your sword 2 which helps keeping up. And like I said superspeed on virtues would also work. 

Almost every profession has weapons with terrible tracking, try landing a ele staff auto lol it is literally a melee weapon. Obviously it's not great but it is not Guardian only issue lol. 

Not good enough for what? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, KeoLegend.5132 said:

OH Sword is great for PVP. Good damage, Shadowstep, Immob.

Its just less damage than using a GS for example, but is the go to jump in weapon for Willbender

Feel like imob is going to get cleansed anyway so focus gives more survivability. Also just initiating with s2 anyway.

@McPero.3287

That's the thing, current Guard, even WB relies on active defenses more than most classes(Aegis). 

There's a trade-off with the new virtue's with landing strikes to gain benefit and as I've stated earlier, you have a way to get to an enemy player but sticking on them is VERY hard given how you still don't have much speed nor plentiful soft-cc.

Symbols and WB flames need to be reworked, they're too static and useless outside of a downed body.  

Dude, no other class has more poorly tracking skills than Guardian.  Here, let me name them all.

Great Sword #3 and #5

Scepter Auto

Staff Auto(lesser extent than scepter)

Long Bow(lesser extent than scepter)

Torch #4 throw

Sword #3

I'm probably missing a few but name any other class that has more than this.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Arken.3725 said:

@McPero.3287

That's the thing, current Guard, even WB relies on active defenses more than most classes(Aegis). 

There's a trade-off with the new virtue's with landing strikes to gain benefit and as I've stated earlier, you have a way to get to an enemy player but sticking on them is VERY hard given how you still don't have much speed nor plentiful soft-cc.

Symbols and WB flames need to be reworked, they're too static and useless outside of a downed body.  

Dude, no other class has more poorly tracking skills than Guardian.  Here, let me name them all.

Great Sword #3 and #5

Scepter Auto

Staff Auto(lesser extent than scepter)

Long Bow(lesser extent than scepter)

Torch #4 throw

Sword #3

I'm probably missing a few but name any other class that has more than this.

Hammer 3 
Hammer 2 randomly does nothing 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Dralor.3701 said:

Feel like imob is going to get cleansed anyway so focus gives more survivability. Also just initiating with s2 anyway.

8 out of 10 they doesn't.

And if they do, they spent a cleanse on an immob, you can just use F1 and immob again for profit

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, myun.6395 said:

Well you can't quote top players. They basically make work any build even if it's weak or off meta.

They kite, do good rotations and everything, so this doesn't apply.

First off they dont make any build "just work". Naru (and others) played with beta WB then stopped due to beta WB being too trashy. If they're maintaining top 25 on a current build that's supposedly "trash and worse than Core and DH" then clearly the spec has potential. Listing top players, including what AT teams are running, is very valid.

WB has a higher skill cap than DH and Core so it's natural for a lot of Guardian players to have difficulty with the spec.