Top 3 sPvP specs for a casual “duelist”

I’m not the best player. But I very much enjoy the tanker duelist builds. 

my main currently is engi but with the nerf to scrapper and my “have to like at least two specs  in a profession” scrappers been scrapped lol

necros nerf to harbinger is tough, if I get targeted and I don’t have every escape possible I’m dead no question. On top of that the damage isn’t as strong so it doesn’t feel justified to be that squishy. Reaper is solid but I don’t like core or scourge. 

I’ve played every profession at least once so I have an idea of how they should play but I’m not sure if my lack of effort into certain specs is a main issue. 

I’ve heard a lot about guardians, warriors, rangers, and Mesmers. 

guardians and warriors I just can’t survive with idk why but I die like right away and idk why so many warrior builds are duelist cause I find myself dying faster then a ranger or even harbinger. 

soulbeast is fun, but I haven’t had any luck with untamed despite how much I want it to. Haven’t figured out Mesmer. 

what do you guys think? What’s ur top 3 tanky professions/specs. All help and advise is strongly appreciated 

i played a fair bit of ranger core duelist (valk and zerker), easy and rewarding

This bunker mechanist seems braindead and very rewarding

and the third one i think it's core burning guard or even burning trapper dh, core burning has more dmg but surviving a plus may be tough, trapper build should be more succesful and with more teamfight power, once you get focused you stealth and go elsewhere in the map, if they let you free cast mid you just gonna kill everybody while still being a decent duelist

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i played a fair bit of ranger core duelist (valk and zerker), easy and rewarding

This bunker mechanist seems braindead and very rewarding

and the third one i think it's core burning guard or even burning trapper dh, core burning has more dmg but surviving a plus may be tough, trapper build should be more succesful and with more teamfight power, once you get focused you stealth and go elsewhere in the map, if they let you free cast mid you just gonna kill everybody while still being a decent duelist

top 3 duellist in my humble opinion are:

First place by a mile: Mechanist.    [Braindead easy and just all around the strongest at camping a node]

Second place: Fireweaver [Requires alot of feel and flow, but once you really start to feel it not many builds can get you off a node]

third place: Core Valkyrie  [Pretty easy once you understand how to setup your crits]

Edit: :C its just my humble opinion. :C

no need to vote confused 😧

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

top 3 duellist in my humble opinion are:

First place by a mile: Mechanist.    [Braindead easy and just all around the strongest at camping a node]

Second place: Fireweaver [Requires alot of feel and flow, but once you really start to feel it not many builds can get you off a node]

third place: Core Valkyrie  [Pretty easy once you understand how to setup your crits]

Edit: :C its just my humble opinion. :C

no need to vote confused 😧

He said he was casual so i removed fire weaver and left the ones ez to play. But sure fire weaver is better than guardian and prolly ranger

The best duelist for a casual is thief.

You can play core and annihalate anyone in your path with dual daggers, if you notice the creation tag, it says deadly in 1 v 1s.

If you get tired of playing duelist on thief, you choose daredevil and play decapper and +1 artist, bringing so much value to the team, it's hard to believe we don't have 5 man daredevil ATS.

Guess what! If that's not your bag, play deadeye. You are better ranger than a ranger, and if you want a pet bring thieves guild elite.

Lastly, if you want to take a break from all of the overpowered elimination of enemies from stealth, outrunning those that want to kill you, and shooting the bad guys from 1500 (ALL CAPITALS) range, then you should consider playing specter.

Specter does right what necro did wrong.

Also, they displace guardian, holo, rev, ranger, ele, and warrior in every single role.

The best part about specter is that they take the first 3 roles of duelist, decapper, and ranger, and then blend it into healer and tank.

Look, if you can't absolutely dominate on any thief build you blindly throw together, bud, this game aint for you.

But, since I am feeling philanthropic, I'll lend you some advice.

Play thief, it is the bestest, most overpowered, spectacular class that takes virtually no skill or IQ of all time.

If you can't win on thief, play PVE

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

You can play core and annihalate anyone in your path with dual daggers, if you notice the creation tag, it says deadly in 1 v 1s.

If you get tired of playing duelist on thief, you choose daredevil and play decapper and +1 artist, bringing so much value to the team, it's hard to believe we don't have 5 man daredevil ATS.

Guess what! If that's not your bag, play deadeye. You are better ranger than a ranger, and if you want a pet bring thieves guild elite.

Lastly, if you want to take a break from all of the overpowered elimination of enemies from stealth, outrunning those that want to kill you, and shooting the bad guys from 1500 (ALL CAPITALS) range, then you should consider playing specter.

Specter does right what necro did wrong.

Also, they displace guardian, holo, rev, ranger, ele, and warrior in every single role.

The best part about specter is that they take the first 3 roles of duelist, decapper, and ranger, and then blend it into healer and tank.

Look, if you can't absolutely dominate on any thief build you blindly throw together, bud, this game aint for you.

But, since I am feeling philanthropic, I'll lend you some advice.

Play thief, it is the bestest, most overpowered, spectacular class that takes virtually no skill or IQ of all time.

If you can't win on thief, play PVE

uhm? WHAT? 😵

Anything other than "Daredevial is a decapper", is straight lies xD

I spotted the guy that has never played thief and is getting eaten by it on a regular. 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I eat casual thieves for breakfast. Especially in spvp where they cant 1v1 or they lose a ton of value for their team.

In wvw they can be dangerous, but in most cases you get the "lemme stealth and try this again" sort of thief. Good thief duelists on the other hand are exceptional players.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1