PLEASE let my turtle keep wandering!

ArenaNet, I beseech you. Please enable the turtle following players around Arborstone permanently, even after completing the achievements to unlock it as amount.

I love it so much.

I love it so much that I've specifically not completed my turtle achievements to get the actual mount because it brings me so much joy to have it lumber around Arberstone after me, heart effects bubbling from its mouth.

It makes me happy when I log in at Arborstone and, like a puppy waiting patiently next to the bed for its human to wake up, there it is. It makes me so happy that every time I log in and see it I squeal with delight.

Getting a baby turtle pet on a ranger is not an adequate solution. First off, it would mean only my ranger gets the effervescent glee of a lil' turtle following them around Pikachu style. Second, that's only the smaller brand of turtle and I'm talking about the big lunks. Third, being able to summon it anywhere to fight for me really isn't the point. I can do that with the mount itself.

It makes perfect sense in lore. Arborstone is just a spot where the fully trained turtle is home, and stretches its legs.

If the end result is that I just never get the turtle, that the price I pay for happiness is that I just don't complete the achievement and don't get the mount, so be it. But there must be a better way!

As step by step we press on t'ward tomorrow, head up high to face all that's unknown, let there never be a world without a cute lil' turtle face smiling at me when I open up the game.

• Like 15
  • Confused 2

I'm still working on the saddle so I get the turtle in Arborstone too.

When I use the tome to port there and run to the bank, I usually wait for the turtle to make its way to me before I leave again.  Seems rude not to.

I didn't know about getting one for the home instance, I'll have to look into how to do that.

Edited by Kaliwenda.3428

I still never finished the ley-line anomaly achievement, and now it keeps appearing everywhere i go.

I just can't let it go lol, i'd miss it, so i'll never finish it probably. 😛

We're bros now.

I'd totally like a turtle in my home instance so we can be bros. Or even Arborstone, although, that map is so bad i dislike spending time in it.

Yes to a turtle pet! 

We can have cats in our home instance, should be doable to get a turtle. Make it a collection even.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/10/2022 at 6:38 PM, notebene.3190 said:

I just perused the Home Instance entry in the wiki and don’t see anything about a new turtle? How do you get that?

Look up "A Strange Diet" achievement on the wiki.  You feed it fish - much like the HI cats.

• Like 1

Warning, unpopular opinion incoming.

I wasn't too keen for the turtle itself, got it mostly just for completions sake. But I really hated that huge heart throwing piece of soup filling stalking me all around Arborstone. So. Kittening. Annoying. It made me rush the collections and achievements faster than I intended to, just to get rid of it. 

• Haha 2

I was running around arborstone to find the big guy just b4 turning on the saddle to that NPC I delayed unlocking the Mount for a whole day just to take one last look at the turtle but couldn't find him anywhere.. even waited in arborstone spawn point and near that NPC hoping he'd show up after a while but he didn't... Thought it was dx11 bug thing or something and completed the collection after a day unlocked Mount. I noticed when the turtle was little and adolescent, he used to dance in his own way rocking his head rhythmically back and forth(not the one hitting the nearby tree thingy)... Wish all my mounts just wander around on arborstone so i could go pet them . I won't do this often but it might feel cool for a while atleast 3 days... But new players would definitely get good experience and game would create a long lasting impression and feel like top tier mmo.

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

4 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

Warning, unpopular opinion incoming.

I wasn't too keen for the turtle itself, got it mostly just for completions sake. But I really hated that huge heart throwing piece of soup filling stalking me all around Arborstone. So. Kittening. Annoying. It made me rush the collections and achievements faster than I intended to, just to get rid of it. 

Being stalked by a happy turtle is hilarious, even if it annoyed you lol.  Great description 😂

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:32 AM, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I was running around arborstone to find the big guy just b4 turning on the saddle to that NPC I delayed unlocking the Mount for a whole day just to take one last look at the turtle but couldn't find him anywhere.. even waited in arborstone spawn point and near that NPC hoping he'd show up after a while but he didn't... Thought it was dx11 bug thing or something and completed the collection after a day unlocked Mount. I noticed when the turtle was little and adolescent, he used to dance in his own way rocking his head rhythmically back and forth(not the one hitting the nearby tree thingy)... Wish all my mounts just wander around on arborstone so i could go pet them . I won't do this often but it might feel cool for a while atleast 3 days... But new players would definitely get good experience and game would create a long lasting impression and feel like top tier mmo.

The all the mounts thing would be amazing. Or in the home instance. Just...somewhere would be lovely!

• Like 2