Once again returning- confused about metabattle condition virtuoso build as I dont see conditions in the Virtuoso kit?

punahou.3986

• punahou.3986 changed the title to Once again returning- confused about metabattle condition virtuoso build as I dont see conditions in the Virtuoso kit?

Condi virt is brutal in open world and in strikes, so much bleeding being spammed its actualy common to see bleed ticking 35k's.  Running hybrid of viper/rampagers with full krait runes to augment bleeding, roughly 98% crit with fury.  Ideally you want 100% crit for every shot to apply bleeds.  Super self sustained heals as your blade proc rate is through the roof and signet of ether is working overtime, add 3% condi heal for extra cherry on top.

17 minutes ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Why would it?

Very good dps and decent sustain, great class for pve end game overall.

Like… many, many others.

Hope you are right but Mesmer was in the past the best dps in raids and it was harder to play + needed high slow uptime and still anet nerfed it, I'm feared they do it again since now it isn't only in Raid a strong dps.

1 hour ago, Urphen.2857 said:

Hope you are right but Mesmer was in the past the best dps in raids and it was harder to play + needed high slow uptime and still anet nerfed it, I'm feared they do it again since now it isn't only in Raid a strong dps.

Well, not exactly tho.

It had the *slight* issue that you could just stack PChrono with Time Warp without any need to bring quickness builds in the squad, and it was the main point of the nerf.

I hate what they did to Mirage (it shouldn’t have had Alac in first place, but once you give it, and you nerf traits due to numbers being too high, then nerf confusion, then nerf everything, and at last you keep the nerfs to the traits… well, terrible move). For Chrono, I think it deserved the nerf in pve. (Still enraged at them deleting the f4, tho… just why?).

What Virtuoso brings in pve, today, is an excellent dps (not just in Raids, also in Fractals and Strikes). But only that. No Warp stacking. No support class that hits like a dps class. It’s totally non-commeasurable to the past Mesmer nerfs. If they will, it’s going to be the most moronic move from Anet in a while.

Edited by Ombras.2853
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Well, not exactly tho.

It had the *slight* issue that you could just stack PChrono with Time Warp without any need to bring quickness builds in the squad, and it was the main point of the nerf.

I hate what they did to Mirage (it shouldn’t have had Alac in first place, but once you give it, and you nerf traits due to numbers being too high, then nerf confusion, then nerf everything, and at last you keep the nerfs to the traits… well, terrible move). For Chrono, I think it deserved the nerf in pve. (Still enraged at them deleting the f4, tho… just why?).

What Virtuoso brings in pve, today, is an excellent dps (not just in Raids, also in Fractals and Strikes). But only that. No Warp stacking. No support class that hits like a dps class. It’s totally non-commeasurable to the past Mesmer nerfs. If they will, it’s going to be the most moronic move from Anet in a while.

Yeah but nerfing dps+quick Traits + the elite skill was too much, stacking was a thing because it was the easiest way to hold slow uptime so nerfing around this maybe had been enough.

If you ask me nerfing it wasn't even necessary since at the same time they buffed others Specs and they ended up doing equal dps like chrono before which had resulted in more diversity of Specs, less chrono and also less chrono dps thanks to less slow uptime.

The thing I really hate is that anet nerfs based on stacked class in raids while (on EU side) stacking chrono was only a thing in Speedclear guilds, normal guilds or pugs played what they wanted and you haven't saw much good mesmer dps there.

In the end, PChrono is still a very reasonable build for PvE in the hands of anyone who learned the rotation. Numbers are high, you are sort of autosufficient in case your allies can’t/don’t give you enough buffs, it has one of the best cc in the game, Mesmer skips. It was overtuned before, truth be told (yes, we are talking about pve, I’ll repeat it or someone will come here saying “noo Chrono is the worst profession in the game” - true dat, PvP is another matter tho and we aren’t discussing about that).

Nerfing the quickness duration was annoying, on the other hand. Between all the quickness builds in the game, it’s arguably one of those with the lesser dps, due to the fact you are forced to choose skills/adapt your rotation accordingly. I believe they could easily revert the nerf. Again, tho, while having a worse dps than several concorrent builds, it’s still very requested due to the utility it provides. But yeah, I would gladly welcome a small improvement in this area, cuz having to slot Well of Action instead of something at least decent always hurts my synapses.

5 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Well, not exactly tho.

Staff weavers and the Ele class in a whole would like to speak with you.

Ele is also a very selfish DPS and they got nerfed. Their rotation was astronomically harder then what Virtuoso has right now.

It is not a surprise that Virtuoso will indeed see future damage nerfs and also cuz its a Mesmer spec.

2 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Staff weavers and the Ele class in a whole would like to speak with you.

Ele is also a very selfish DPS and they got nerfed. Their rotation was astronomically harder then what Virtuoso has right now.

It is not a surprise that Virtuoso will indeed see future damage nerfs and also cuz its a Mesmer spec.

If the point is about nerfing Catalyst, the nerf is well deserved, since the quickness version was doing a dps spec damage (basically the same thing that happened for a short while to Staff Mirage). But yes, Elementalists were way too penalized by Anet decisions overall, I won’t say otherwise.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:16 AM, ArjukKagrim.6049 said:

The current PvE balance is: "If you have a problem just get more condi-virtuoso to solve the problem"...

have fun with the most broken class in the game

whata the build?  is this the meta battle build?

You inflict bleeding on crits, so get precision and condi gear and spam all skills off coldown the order doesn’t really matter you’ll hit high dps easily. You use dagger for quick blade generation only, the fact it inflicts no condis through weapon skills does not have much importance.

Edited by Mik.3401

On 4/13/2022 at 9:16 PM, ArjukKagrim.6049 said:

The current PvE balance is: "If you have a problem just get more condi-virtuoso to solve the problem"...

have fun with the most broken class in the game

I am willing to bet Virtuoso we will see some nerf but honestly It wont mater. The main strength of Virtuoso which is highlighted in the fight is the ability to pierce though enemies like no other Elite can currently. Sure Deadeye can do the same but the mobility of Virtuoso has given it the advantage in most fights that have multiple ads.

Even if they nerf the golem DPS numbers down to what other Mesmer classes are currently doing (39k roughly), It wont stop being played in end-game content or open world meta events.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, punahou.3986 said:

whata the build?  is this the meta battle build?

Do us a favor: stop considering metabattle’s builds even remotely as something comparable to a serious build 😄 just check sites like Snowcrows and Discretize for pve end game content, which aren’t made by random people randomly clicking on a website.

8 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I am willing to bet Virtuoso we will see some nerf but honestly It wont mater. The main strength of Virtuoso which is highlighted in the fight is the ability to pierce though enemies like no other Elite can currently. Sure Deadeye can do the same but the mobility of Virtuoso has given it the advantage in most fights that have multiple ads.

Even if they nerf the golem DPS numbers down to what other Mesmer classes are currently doing (39k roughly), It wont stop being played in end-game content or open world meta events.

Chronomancer does high dps as well and can provide some utility on top of it, so it’s better than virtuoso. It’s just virtuoso is the scourge of a Mesmer - you can hit all buttons in random order and it will work. That’s why it is most played , just like scourge among necros.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

Chronomancer does high dps as well and can provide some utility on top of it, so it’s better than virtuoso. It’s just virtuoso is the scourge of a Mesmer - you can hit all buttons in random order and it will work. That’s why it is most played , just like scourge among necros.

No Chrono 39k dps is selfish just like all the other Mesmer dps. It's all the same and Chrono is worse since it requires slow uptime that cant be provided 100% by itself. 

The main reason you might bring a Chrono is if you wanted to use some of it utilities for a dps drop or wanted a massive burst with F4 Split. 

Honestly I have said this in other threads, bring all the Mesmer elites and decide which one to use per fight. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

No Chrono 39k dps is selfish just like all the other Mesmer dps. It's all the same and Chrono is worse since it requires slow uptime that cant be provided 100% by itself. 

The main reason you might bring a Chrono is if you wanted to use some of it utilities for a dps drop or wanted a massive burst with F4 Split. 

Honestly I have said this in other threads, bring all the Mesmer elites and decide which one to use per fight. 

Are you sure chrono is selfish? Everyone knows it can provide utility hence it is more versatile = better. Of course virtuoso can hit a few k higher benchmark than chrono not relying on slow, but in reality barely anyone can hit those benchmarks exactly.

The power virutoso is the forgiveness it gives for new players facing new encounters. And this is a valid perk, but it is the only truly selfish Mesmer espec as a whole.

5 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

Are you sure chrono is selfish? Everyone knows it can provide utility hence it is more versatile = better. Of course virtuoso can hit a few k higher benchmark than chrono not relying on slow, but in reality barely anyone can hit those benchmarks exactly.

The power virutoso is the forgiveness it gives for new players facing new encounters. And this is a valid perk, but it is the only truly selfish Mesmer espec as a whole.

What are you talking about its very easy to achieve 40k dps on a Virtuoso if you have the gear. I mean there is no set up or rotation you just hit skills off cooldown. 

Power Virtuoso is less forgiving since you have no healing from conditions, you have got this all back to front.

Yes and I'm sure Chrono is selfish, check snowcrow. Without Inspiration trait line you wont have enough boon duration for any of your utilities to mean anything. 

Edited by Mell.4873