Add romance to the playable character in story?

On 4/19/2022 at 12:53 AM, mezuzel.4987 said:

No thanks. I'm enjoying the unofficial ace representation in game.

But see adding romance would give people their own choice, it wouldn't take yours away you could just ignore it.  Not that I'm advocating for a romance system.  I mean, I didn't exactly play a fantasy game to have a world shattering kitten hero who's... as painfully single as I am all my(our) lives.  But I think implementing a full system of romance is a lot of work and for what benefit?  It would cause more conflict than fun.  This is a headcanon matter, now all anet needs to do is add some npcs who are single and alive ...

• Like 1

In ESO = Elder Scrolls Online, there is a ring which lets you marry another person and you gain like 5% extra xp when playing in the same party. It's a pretty neat idea, hopefully we will get something like that in GW2, like a legendary ring that you can use to bond with another person and gain some extra xp or something when in the same party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Zoid.2568 said:

In ESO = Elder Scrolls Online, there is a ring which lets you marry another person and you gain like 5% extra xp when playing in the same party. It's a pretty neat idea, hopefully we will get something like that in GW2, like a legendary ring that you can use to bond with another person and gain some extra xp or something when in the same party.

It would be just like real life too! Tons of people married to each other just for the benefits, stuck in a toxic or dull relationship XD

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

The commander doesn't really strike me as the romantic type, nor even being interested in such. 

And that's completely understandable for Your Commander, but others might feel that their Commanders due to their own created backstories/personalities/headcannons. We can see why it wasn't considered or implemented(cost,resources, not consering it in the first place.)

So no romance outside of Role-playing and fanfiction, but it would've been nice to have the choice of it.:classic_happy:

On 4/21/2022 at 10:10 PM, Fenom.9457 said:

It would be just like real life too! Tons of people married to each other just for the benefits, stuck in a toxic or dull relationship XD

Uhm... I don't think that goes for all marriages, but hey. 😉

Anyway, I find it really weird to have something like this in an MMO, especially between players who aren't romantically involved in RL. It's pretty creepy, to be honest.

In pen & paper RPGs, I always found it distracting from the on-going adventure, so I've never been into that there, either. But in a computer game filled with tens of thousands of virtual strangers, it's just weird. Why someone would feel the desire to have this is beyond me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Anyway, I find it really weird to have something like this in an MMO, especially between players who aren't romantically involved in RL. It's pretty creepy, to be honest.

In pen & paper RPGs, I always found it distracting from the on-going adventure, so I've never been into that there, either. But in a computer game filled with tens of thousands of virtual strangers, it's just weird. Why someone would feel the desire to have this is beyond me.

OP seems to be asking more for romance between player character and NPCs than romance between players, those of whom would likely know each other to some degree rather than be complete strangers.  I don't want it either way, mind you, cause it's still weird and in my opinion not worth the time and resources that could potentially be used for better things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

OP seems to be asking more for romance between player character and NPCs than romance between players

Yes, you're right. I replied to that in my first response.

My second comment, the one you quoted, was replying to someone else's response who was joking about marriage between player characters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Oh definitely not all, that would be truly sad. I was just kidding. I was basically saying what you did, how it’s kind of sad and weird for random people to partner up for the buff... and then the nightmare of UN partnering if you meet someone, etc. I just wish there was *something* so my main wasn’t alone still.  Just something small I can run with in head canon, like basically any female character that isn’t married to other npcs

• Confused 1