Missing Elite Skills

Shadowwaka.1952

It's always bugged me that (almost) every class has 2 core skill types that don't have an elite skill belonging to them, and I've always hoped that one day Anet would go back and fill out these gaps. For those curious, here's the list of things missing:

Warrior

1. Shout
  2. Stance

Guardian

1. Consecration
  2. Spirit Weapon

Engineer

1. Gadget

Thief

1. Perparation
  2. Signet

Ranger

1. Signet
  2. Trap

Necromancer

1. Signet
  2. Well

Elementalist

1. Arcane
  2. Signet

Mesmer

1. Clone
  2. Mantra
  3. Phantasm

I'd love to know if there are plans to ever give elites to these skills, but since that's very unlikely to be answered, my next question is - anyone have any cool ideas for these skill types that they'd want to share?

Edited by Shadowwaka.1952
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I'll start - I'd love to see an elite shout for warrior! I'd base it off of "Never Surrender!" from GW1 and take a little inspiration from Perilous Gift, with the goal of it being a type of support focused skill:

"Never Surrender!"

For X seconds, you and nearby allies are unkillable (ignore lethal damage, hp cannot drop below 1). Affected targets gain boons (probably some mix of regen, protection, and resolution) for a duration based off their health percentage (<75%, <50%, <25%) when the unkillable effect wears off

• Like 5

This is a very fun topic. Thank you for pointing out that those elite skill types are available. It's exciting to read everyone's ideas!

Arcane Insight: For 4 seconds your condition damage and power attributes are swapped. Changing attunements refreshes duration and applies 'Arcane Exhaustion', increasing your stats by 5% but your maximum health is reduced by 10%. This effect can stack.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Shadowwaka.1952 said:

Elementalist

1. Arcane
  2. Signet

Whatever Elementalist would get as elite skill, I just want it to replace the conjure fire greatsword. 

Its 100% annoying to have a 3 Minute CD on a skill in PvE. Besides that Conjures are very clunky. 

So I ll take everything if it replaces Conjure fire greatsword hah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

For thief:

Signet of Theft:

Passive:
Hitting an enemy with a weapon skill while you don't have a stolen skill will grant you a new random stolen skill.

Additional passive from Signets of Power:
Signets continue to grant their passive bonuses while recharging.

Active:
Unblockable: daze the target, steal health and boons from it.

For warrior elites, shout has no cast-time, stance casts for half a second.

1. "Victory or Death": "Shout, break stuns and grant boons to your allies. Grant allies with an unique buff while under the effects of the shout. Extened the buff's duration if stuns were broken." Grants Protection (5 sec baseline), 5 stacks of Stability (7 sec baseline)  and Vigor (9 sec baseline), Number of allies 5, Grants unique effect "Armored" which decreases all incoming damage (strike and condi) by 15% for 6 sec, 9 sec if stuns were broken. 80 sec CD (untraited).
  2. Battle Stance: "Assume a battle ready stance and gain Barrier in pulses. Also gain Resolution and decrease the Cooldown of your burst skills when using the stance." Barrier interval pulses 5, Barrier interval application 1/2 sec, Barrier pulse (500 HP - 0.1 coeff) for a total of approx. 3.5k barrier with max healing power in 2.5 sec, Resolution (10 sec baseline), Burst skill CD decrease of 25% (untraited).

With an Elite Shout and an elite Stance, warrior can finally enable it's playstyle to become more selfish without resorting to the classic rampage option, or more supportive with a strong shout which competes with battle standard. With an ideal addition of a single boon in each shout to promote some more supportive gameplay and the potential rework of banners, warrior woud be able to perform several unique roles. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

This is a very fun topic. Thank you for pointing out that those elite skill types are available. It's exciting to read everyone's ideas!

Arcane Insight: For 4 seconds your condition damage and power attributes are swapped. Changing attunements refreshes duration and applies 'Arcane Exhaustion', increasing your stats by 5% but your maximum health is reduced by 10%. This effect can stack.

i love the idea! I personally would see attribute swap as more of a mesmer thingy but i would appreciate it a lot to have more of these unique and game changing effects in game.

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

I think ANet wanted to, at some point, plug those elite and heal holes... but then Revenant happened, and all hopes for that were dashed against the shores of the mists.

They could fill the different holes for each of the skill subset and give a new Legend for Rev. or give a 4th utility skill for each Legend (And fix the skill moving issues for it)

3 minutes ago, Dawanarth.4601 said:

They could fill the different holes for each of the skill subset and give a new Legend for Rev. or give a 4th utility skill for each Legend (And fix the skill moving issues for it)

An ENTIRE NEW LEGEND is five skills. A single new utility PER LEGEND is EIGHT skills at the moment. 
Not seeing it happening.
And even if it were, what would be the cadence? The method of implementation?
I could easily see a season mastery line with "Super Duper Mega Elite Training" masteries that unlock The One New Elite Skill Or Heal Skill for your class. Could space several of those out over an entire season, to match one or two new heals, one or two new elites. Can't really space out an entire legend, can you? 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

An ENTIRE NEW LEGEND is five skills. A single new utility PER LEGEND is EIGHT skills at the moment. 
Not seeing it happening.

I used to think this, but then Weaver happened. If they can design almost 50 skills for a single spec, then Rev could get a hand skill of skills. 

• Like 2

Elite signets are kind of boring, and most classes dont have one anyways. So i feel like you coud remove that as a category altogether.

Rage could be turned into a stance. 

Moa into a mantra (or 'reverse' phatasm?)

Courage into a consecration

Then that would just leave one more elite needed for each class.

On the flip side, revenant should get a set of signet utility skills that are shared aross all legends. 

Edited by Arewn.2368
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

They could have not even bothered with the dual attack mechanic, designing 20 skills is easier to design then 50. Again, designing skills is not an issue with them.

...but as expansion content.
A company is a lot more ready to sink the manhours into creating skills when it's directly billable, marketable content.
I don't see ANet giving Revenant an expansion-level "free patch update", or even a season bump. 

• 1 month later...

Warrior
Elite-Shout "One for all"
Recharge all of your burst skills. Grant resistance, stability and barrier to yourself for every ally near you. 

Elite-Stance "Gladiator stance"
Block for 5 seconds. Attack nearby enemies everytime you block. 

Guardian
Elite-Spirit-Weapon "Axe of wrath"
Deal damage and burn with a critical hit. 

Elite-Consecration "Gushing light"
Blind enemies and grant aegis to allies every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. 

Engineer
Elite-Gadget "Walking nail bomb"
Set a little bomb that walk to the enemy and explode dealing strong damage and bleeding.

Thief
Elite-Perparation "Safe zone"
Remaining for 10 seconds. Allies inside this zone recharge skills and endurance 100 % faster.

Elite-Signet "Signet of Trickery"
Passive: Increase your Expertise. Active: Deal blindness, immobilization and poison to nearby enemies.

Ranger
Elite-Signet "Signet of Beasts"
Passive: Your pet get increased health. Active: Your pet grow bigger, get increased stats and recharge all skills.

Elite-Trap "Quicksand"
Immobilize when triggering and cripple over time. Downstated enemies will be defeated.

Necromancer
Elite-Signet "Signet of the Master"
Passive: Reduce incoming damage. Active: Heal nearby allies and summon 3 bone spitter.

Elite-Well "Graveyard"
Summon 3 bone minions and 2 bone fiends for 30 seconds. One minion will appear every second for 5 seconds.

Elementalist
Elite-Arcane "Arcane Infusion"
Attacks deal additional critical hits and heal you. 

Elite-Signet "Arcane signet"
Passive: All other signets recharge faster. Active: Recharge your healing skill and all utility skills.

Mesmer
Elite-Mantra "Mantra of chaos"
Chant the mantra of chaos, dealing chilled, poison and weakness to your target and nearby enemies.

Elite-Phantasm "Phantasmal beast"
Summon an illusion that knock back the target and all enemies around. After disappearing you get 3 clones.

Edited by Iustitian.9176