Anet we need to talk about rewards in Eod

Strike rewards are terrible. 

EOD  end meta is only good for a.s.s but as the price falls so does the reward.

Also infusions are good but most of the player base will never get them.

My fix.

More meaningful rewards. The living water weapons are cool. What about the flame servant weapons?? No upgrade version for them .

You have added 3 different mount packs in the last couple of weeks. 1 from each of those packs could have easily been a drop for strikes or even eod meta events.

You have chairs and skiffs and fishing poles now ? But no drops or rewards for strikes or Eod meta's.

The new CM strike reward I actually laughed. I beat the boss (great cm btw)  and now feel like there's no point in playing it again.

For players that have load of Li we need a sink for them. 

You know the atherblade cm right ? You could have used the already existing atherblade armour set and given it a scarlet red aura effect or something. Make it a skin or a ascended and have it drop only for cm chest. The fact I can come up with this in 2 secs is mental. 

Also if your going to add more infusions make them less in your face.

I love gw2 but the rewards are pretty meh for vet players.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

I agree about EOD strikes feeling unrewarding (on a weekly basis they are merely acceptable) and I don't understand the need for such a low green prophet shard cap for weekly. The IBS strikes are more rewarding due to the breadth of rewards and less likelihood of failure or a prolonged fight. Stat select exotic armor boxes for example would be helpful , as there is RNG for rare ritualist stat armors in the loot table for the priority strike. CM Strikes could easily have double the gold similar to raid priority wing if it is only once per week.
Maybe +5 stat with +5 agony non cosmetic infusions for green prophet shards (see raid vendor) could be added. It could have a BL weaponset as another rare reward with the theme of that boss (i.e. Aetherblade) or something that is gained from clears with the same methodology as the Boneskinner ascended weapons.

There's an upgraded version of flame serpent weapons already however. They're the shadow serpent skins whose recipes you obtain for unusual coins.

If Arenanet doesn't want strikes to be left behind then openworld loot (besides Dragon's End , Drakkar, and Serpent's Ire most notably) should have liquidity toned down (see all the 30silver baubles and 50silver condensed ley essence). Harder content should always be more rewarding.

More importantly I think medallions should be removed from all strike and raid boss reward chests. They don't even stack in your bank. Just look a the loot table:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grand_Strike_Chest

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

The lack of goals and grinds in EoD has made me quit playing.  The cash shop isn't even an excuse for lack of rewards because even THAT is lacking. 

Where are all the ARMOR skins and long account-bound deterministic grinds, Anet?

You have writs as a currency in each zone, shove a mount skin, FULL set of weapons, FULL set of armor(appealing, not conservative trash worse than vanilla skins) on a vendor for 1k writs a pop in each zone and make them account bound. Oh, and throw in a skiff skin while you're at it for imperial favors.

Strikes I assume have their own chest PER strike, so let us buy the chests for prophet shards(5 per week?) and shove in random skins. Also add actual ARMOR and MOUNT skins to the green prophet shard vendor. You do want people PLAYING your game, right?

See those swimsuits in  the new EoD lobby? Yeah, throw those in the cash shop for 1500 gems each. Remember that school outfit in the dats? Toss that in as well. You don't even have to do the work, you already did it! You like, money, don't you?

We have good content, but it's designed as a single player game where you consume it once then you're done. Why?

~2 months in and still no signs of proper rewards. You remember you're making a MMO, right? You didn't randomly forget again, did you?

Feel free to PM me if you want to offer me a position as lead rewards designer.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

There's an upgraded version of flame serpent weapons already however. They're the shadow serpent skins whose recipes you obtain for unusual coins.

Just seen them they are cool. 

they could have been strike drops

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The thing that's been bothering me is we have some really cool armor sets on the gem store.

The foefire set and the ice reaver set could have been rewards or drops.

I get that we need to support Anet because there isn't a monthly sub but the company made hundreds of millions last year alone. 

World of Warcraft just stole one of gw2 best features. It's time for gw2 to steal some reward structures from other MMOs 

At this point I would take a battle pass system if it means I got more loot 🤣

Even if they did reward tracks for strikes for more loot I would be happy 😆

Edited by jonesy.1470
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Wait…. Did I stumble into the WvW sub forum?  

Unlike IBS strikes , if you are at the green prophet shard cap for the week and it isn't the daily priority strike you may get less than 60 copper and a 7 silver orb (that can be gained mining orichalcum nodes) for 5-10 minutes of time (a WVW skirmish tick). EOD Strikes can be worse than WvW. I know since I play WvW.

As an example if someone in your guild needs the "turtle strike" (Kaineng Overlook) and you beat it 5 times already this week with other players guess what you may spend 10-15 minutes doing it optimistically (speedclear level is 8 min or less). The EOD strikes are gated weekly except for the green prophet shards (up to the cap) and priority strike. Given the prospective time investment I would much rather make use of my fractal titles and go help random people in LFG still doing Fractal CMs for the Ad Infinitum backpiece or even just do IBS strikes. Unlike the blue prophet shards the only liquidity from green prophet shards is the weekly Antique Summoning Stone (for 10 green prophet shards) and Mystic Coins (up to 100 Green Prophet Shards worth).

Even looking at Forging Steel and Cold War, people generally don't do those because of the time investment. Forging Steel has a 1.5 gold payout at a minimum for the first time of the day but even with superspeed on the tank you're looking at around 20 minutes.

It's a similar story if you are at the magnetite shard cap for the week in raids. That is precisely part of the reason people don't do it more than once a week generally speaking unlike IBS strikes. The difference there is the first clear of the week in raids provides legendary materials (LI/LD), which isn't applicable to normal mode EOD strikes.

Where is PVE profitable? Openworld metas (especially first time of the day), running in a circle looting chests or farming nodes (no skill required), Ley Line Anomaly with a tag on the map, instanced metas (Dragonstorm/Twisted Marionette), fractals (probably the most well balanced content rewards-wise despite higher liquidity), dungeons (first time of the day only), and DRMs (less so and only first time of the day is high). Raids (first time of the week with an exp group that doesn't feed) being last unless you are speed-clear level.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Unlike IBS strikes , if you are at the green prophet shard cap for the week and it isn't the daily priority strike you may get less than 60 copper and a 7 silver orb (that can be gained mining orichalcum nodes) for 5-10 minutes of time (a WVW skirmish tick). EOD Strikes can be worse than WvW. I know since I play WvW.

As an example if someone in your guild needs the "turtle strike" (Kaineng Overlook) and you beat it 5 times already this week with other players guess what you may spend 10-15 minutes doing it optimistically (speedclear level is 8 min or less). The EOD strikes are gated weekly except for the green prophet shards (up to the cap) and priority strike. Given the prospective time investment I would much rather make use of my fractal titles and go help random people in LFG still doing Fractal CMs for the Ad Infinitum backpiece or even just do IBS strikes. Unlike the blue prophet shards the only liquidity from green prophet shards is the weekly Antique Summoning Stone (for 10 green prophet shards) and Mystic Coins (up to 100 Green Prophet Shards worth).

Even looking at Forging Steel and Cold War, people generally don't do those because of the time investment. Forging Steel has a 1.5 gold payout at a minimum for the first time of the day but even with superspeed on the tank you're looking at around 20 minutes.

It's a similar story if you are at the magnetite shard cap for the week in raids. That is precisely part of the reason people don't do it more than once a week generally speaking unlike IBS strikes. The difference there is the first clear of the week in raids provides legendary materials (LI/LD), which isn't applicable to normal mode EOD strikes.

Where is PVE profitable? Openworld metas (especially first time of the day), running in a circle looting chests or farming nodes (no skill required), Ley Line Anomaly with a tag on the map, instanced metas (Dragonstorm/Twisted Marionette), fractals (probably the most well balanced content rewards-wise despite higher liquidity), dungeons (first time of the day only), and DRMs (less so and only first time of the day is high). Raids (first time of the week with an exp group that doesn't feed) being last unless you are speed-clear level.

It was meant slightly tongue in cheek.  🥴

Its just kind of nice to actually see rewards WORSE than WvW..    (which admittedly have gotten better.  At least now it doesn’t result in a net negative lol).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

It was meant slightly tongue in cheek.  🥴

Its just kind of nice to actually see rewards WORSE than WvW..    (which admittedly have gotten better.  At least now it doesn’t result in a net negative lol).  

But it wasn't a funny joke since it's kind of sad the harder content is LESS rewarding than easier content. The analogy would be people ktraining instead of trying to take T3 keeps with defenders. If you win fights in WVW for example your scavenger protocol or jade sliver recycler triggers more frequently which is more loot. That doesn't even account for running around harvesting nodes in WVW which I see some people doing.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

But it wasn't a funny joke since it's kind of sad the harder content is LESS rewarding than easier content. The analogy would be people ktraining instead of trying to take T3 keeps with defenders. If you win fights in WVW for example your scavenger protocol or jade sliver recycler triggers more frequently which is more loot. That doesn't even account for running around harvesting nodes in WVW which I see some people doing.

Maybe I am not on the same page…. But I am tired of people coming into the WvW forum noting that the reason we (primary WvW players) aren’t rewarded better is because we don’t put any ‘money’ into the game.  

So, it is funny (likely only to me) that something so expected for the PvE crowd is getting the WvW treatment. (Admittedly, early wvw less today).  

Not going to feel bad for one small event in a large mode that is getting crappy rewards.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Path of Fire was exactly like this with no special or rare rewards. Living World episodes get more rare drops than expansions themselves. Infusions being the least hype since they don't drop at any reasonable rate.

This game would excel further if they added mount, glider, etc skins as drops or long term goals specific to the content. They sem to refuse it absolutely.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not specific to EoD or any other particular content, but I think Anet should look into adding Black Lion Statuettes to some loot tables.  I get why they might not want to add Gem Store stuff directly, but giving the ability to collect Statuettes and buy items when they hit the vendor would be a step in the right direction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Path of Fire was exactly like this with no special or rare rewards. Living World episodes get more rare drops than expansions themselves. Infusions being the least hype since they don't drop at any reasonable rate.

This game would excel further if they added mount, glider, etc skins as drops or long term goals specific to the content. They sem to refuse it absolutely.

People do the Pinata every day. Infusions or other high roll drops absolutely bring people.

Serpent's Ire is a problem since the Forged Hounds also provide the daily hero chest as well as the music box which can be bought off the TP for 100g.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

People do the Pinata every day. Infusions or other high roll drops absolutely bring people.

Serpent's Ire is a problem since the Forged Hounds also provide the daily hero chest as well as the music box which can be bought off the TP for 100g.

Pinata is right at the start of the expansion with no effort to participate. Of course it brings people.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Erich.1783 said:

Not specific to EoD or any other particular content, but I think Anet should look into adding Black Lion Statuettes to some loot tables.  I get why they might not want to add Gem Store stuff directly, but giving the ability to collect Statuettes and buy items when they hit the vendor would be a step in the right direction.

i like this idea but i would add the items in the statuettes to the loot tables aswell. 

it would feel good to get a statuette but getting a 50 statueette item man i would be hyped.

one more thing i would like to add is gold to gems is good, it always will be, alot of people grind for gem for unlocks and again i like this. but i cant help feel that gem store items recently could have been drops for achevement items. look at these items and tell me im wrong.

Canthan Spiritualist Outfit

Elegant Canthan Outfit

Elegant Canthan Staff

Canthan Sun Hat Skin

Canthan Spiritualist Backpack and Glider Combo

Golden Dragon Fishing Rod Skin

Midnight Lotus Fishing Rod Skin

Canthan Cuckoo Springer Mounts Pack

Siege Turtle Advent Mounts Pack

White Tiger Jackal Skin

Crescent Canoe Skiff Skin

Concealed Jade Tech Pistol Skin

Thousand Seas Pavilion Pass

Jade Tech Wings Backpack and Glider Combo

Winged Reverie Skiff Skin.

These items are all EOD themed. 

Can you imagine how awesome it would be to unlock these via strikes or EOD meta or achevements. even currency vendors for green shards 

i know the mount bundles are a bit much but 1 from each of the mount pack would have been awesome and it would be given players like me something to work towards that isnt legendarys.

Edited by jonesy.1470
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

For the CM version the Rewards don't need to be extravagant it offers around the same rewards that you would get a from a Normal Raid Boss. The Legendary Insight being the main reward, but the current Aetherblade CM is slightly higher difficulty than some of the Raid Bosses.

The Rewards for the Regular EoD Strikes are lacking, but the Weekly Mystic Clovers and Ancient Summoning Stone have slightly made up for that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

For the CM version the Rewards don't need to be extravagant it offers around the same rewards that you would get a from a Normal Raid Boss. The Legendary Insight being the main reward, but the current Aetherblade CM is slightly higher difficulty than some of the Raid Bosses.

The Rewards for the Regular EoD Strikes are lacking, but the Weekly Mystic Clovers and Ancient Summoning Stone have slightly made up for that.

Weekly Mystic clovers and coins yeah i agree.

But the ancient summoning stone feels good just now because its free gold pretty much. the price will continue to drop intill it doesnt feel that rewarding.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

Raid gives 2g (4g for priority), Strike CM is 1g. (However, the best addition to the CM Aetherblade is probably watchwork sprockets.)

On repeat it's about as bad however, a few unids for raids and magnetite is on par with EOD Strikes where you get green prophet shards up to the cap and the 7s orb/crystal/medallion + 60 copper. If there were more uses for green prophet shards that would be less of a problem.

41 minutes ago, Erich.1783 said:

I was not really suggesting a number of Statuettes, it could be a minimum of 1 with RNG to get more, or something, but I honestly prefer the option to buy what I want than to get what you think is great, and I think is Meh.

Statuettes would be poor business for them. Fractals drop Black Lion Goods which have a minimal chance for a key.

Drops would want to follow Return to Living Story and drop some older or less commonly seen BL skins such as Aetherized (see fractal encryptions' rare table where the chance is 0.02% or something akin to that). People would gain BL tickets for the full set of whatever BL skin is in the strike chest or green prophet shard vendor lootbox.
Could easily be :

• Aetherblade Hideout (think Aetherblade pirate) = Aetherized / Privateer (accountbound 2016 skin),
  • Junkyard (think green and harbinger) = Scientific (2015 skin) / Seven Reaper (2019 skin) / Bright Inquisitor (probably not since 2021) / Venombite (probably not since 2021),
  • Overlook (think cantha and bladesworn) = Dragon's Jade (2013 skin) / Phoenix (2014 skin) / Crimson Lion (2015 skin) ,
  • Harvest Temple (think shadow theme) = Shadow (2015 skin) / Tormented (other than shield most <50g , 2014 skin) / Dream Thistle  (peak price is 40g or so, 2013 skin) / Dark Matter (2020 skin so less likely)

Of course, more non-RNG uses for prophet shards would probably be a better course of action.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Confused 1

On 4/20/2022 at 7:37 PM, jonesy.1470 said:

You have added 3 different mount packs in the last couple of weeks. 1 from each of those packs could have easily been a drop for strikes or even eod meta events.

What irritates me about these is that you have the buy the entire pack. Can you use all the skins at once? No. What if I just wanted one of the cuckoo skins, guess I have to buy the two others I'll never use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jonesy.1470 said:

i like this idea but i would add the items in the statuettes to the loot tables aswell. 

it would feel good to get a statuette but getting a 50 statueette item man i would be hyped.

one more thing i would like to add is gold to gems is good, it always will be, alot of people grind for gem for unlocks and again i like this. but i cant help feel that gem store items recently could have been drops for achevement items. look at these items and tell me im wrong.

Canthan Spiritualist Outfit

Elegant Canthan Outfit

Elegant Canthan Staff

Canthan Sun Hat Skin

Canthan Spiritualist Backpack and Glider Combo

Golden Dragon Fishing Rod Skin

Midnight Lotus Fishing Rod Skin

Canthan Cuckoo Springer Mounts Pack

Siege Turtle Advent Mounts Pack

White Tiger Jackal Skin

Crescent Canoe Skiff Skin

Concealed Jade Tech Pistol Skin

Thousand Seas Pavilion Pass

Jade Tech Wings Backpack and Glider Combo

Winged Reverie Skiff Skin.

These items are all EOD themed. 

Can you imagine how awesome it would be to unlock these via strikes or EOD meta or achevements. even currency vendors for green shards 

i know the mount bundles are a bit much but 1 from each of the mount pack would have been awesome and it would be given players like me something to work towards that isnt legendarys.

Don't thinks it's really that confusing you guys are either Anet staff or people that don't like rewards

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, jonesy.1470 said:

Don't thinks it's really that confusing you guys are either Anet staff or people that don't like rewards

Hm , if they don't allow people to sell CM strikes  , i don't have problem with that .

(aren't the do once Harvest Moon achiv + others, create problem ?)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3