EoD mastery points annoying

Finally i did find motivation do strike mission and i got turtle. Now notice that i need like 14 mastery points more and seems like most of remaining points are annoying to get. Why i can't get points just by playing game? So annoying that most of achievements are these wiki achievements. I could play these new maps like 1k hours without getting any points. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Junkpile.7439
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 18

1 minute ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Finally i did find motivation do strike mission and i got turtle. Now notice that i need like 14 mastery points more and seems like most of remaining points are annoying to get. Why i can't get points just by playing game? So annoying that most of achievements are these wiki achievements where. I could play these new maps like 1k hours without gettkng any points.

There are more than enough mastery points in EoD and you get them by playing the game. Open your hero panel to find them. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

There are more than enough mastery points in EoD and you get them by playing the game. Open your hero panel to find them. 

I don't wanna play like that. I just wanna do metas, events, kill mobs and not think if i need to do some event without taking damage or some other stupid kitten.

Edited by Junkpile.7439
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

I don't wanna play like that. I just wanna do metas, events, kill mobs and not think if i need to do some event without taking damage or some other stupid kitten.

Okay then, how you play is up to you. But don’t expect Anet to change how you get the mastery points. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 3

eod literally has the fastest and easiest mastery points wtf?!
80-85% of the points you need can be done with only exploration.

58 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Open your hero panel to find them. 

I'll add to that : In achievements, you can press the cog for filters, and display only achievements worth mastery points (of a specific expansion), makes sifting through achievements a lot faster

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Finally i did find motivation do strike mission and i got turtle. Now notice that i need like 14 mastery points more and seems like most of remaining points are annoying to get. Why i can't get points just by playing game? So annoying that most of achievements are these wiki achievements. I could play these new maps like 1k hours without getting any points. 🤦‍♂️

I agree having to go to youtube and wiki just to find them is really bad design..

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

I agree having to go to youtube and wiki just to find them is really bad design..

What? You don’t have to go to YouTube to find them. What is this nonsense? Just open your hero panel and look under achievements. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

What? You don’t have to go to YouTube to find them. What is this nonsense? Just open your hero panel and look under achievements. 

Great yes i know but it doesn't tell you how to get to them or where they are exactly.. Also some are so convoluted its pointless using the Masteries tab.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, David.1603 said:

for what did you have to use the wiki or youtube ?

you can sort the achievementpanel by masterypoints and then you just have to read.

what is there not to understand ?

Pois, Hero points, Masteries the 4 set of Amber in the Kurzick forest and the mini dungeon after.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Why not make game better?

In this case that is like asking "why don't you make your own game?" and it's closely related cousin where ANet does multiple content updates to parts of the game you don't like and you claim they haven't made any updates to the game.

There are annoying things and bad designs but tailoring a game to your specific preferences doesn't equal a better game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 4/30/2022 at 3:46 PM, Linken.6345 said:

None of them need youtube unless you dont want to explore any yourself.

I would say that there are some things that are a little unclear on how to get, and it can help to look them up (it's why we have a wiki right?). You can explore for a while and still not find things, and there really is nothing wrong with looking up help for them.

There are some harder mastery points (like Harvest Temple) that I can understand not being accessible to everyone, but there's also 26 spare points, I'm pretty sure there's enough to choose from even if you skip the strikes.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:01 PM, Junkpile.7439 said:

Is this satire? 

Edited by Lottie.5370
wrong number of spare mastery points
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

So essentially you just want to get rid of the mastery system. Just get the points without really exploring the contents. If you're still 14 short, that means there are 40 achievable points, most of them very easy to get, that you'd rather skip.

6 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

yeah EoD is very Dry of masteries, and at some point u run out of them.

im dislike most of them too, i will try write a guide of "less annoying" masteries. i will back here.

How do you run out of them? Lots leftover after completing every single mastery achievements.

4 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Pois, Hero points, Masteries the 4 set of Amber in the Kurzick forest and the mini dungeon after.

Some clues are indeed too obscure and can certainly use better hints. As for POIs, HPs, etc., those are hardly a problem if you're talking about map completions. Just go to Options>User Interface>Content Guide and choose "Hide Events and Personal Story". The compass will point you to areas you still need to explore. It'll even show you the directions with Hero Points icons on the minimap to those you had missed..

3 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

There are some harder mastery points (like Harvest Temple) that I can understand not being accessible to everyone, but there's also 14 spare points, I'm pretty sure there's enough to choose from even if you skip the strikes.

There are 26 mastery points leftover after finishing all your masteries. Total of 115 obtainable on EoD maps.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

There are 26 mastery points leftover after finishing all your masteries. Total of 115 obtainable on EoD maps.

Thanks, I think I got confused with Icebrood Saga. I thought I was swimming in EoD ones.

Still, my BF and I had all of them within 2 weeks, and it took a way longer time to say that for the others. I'm surprised there are so many complaints about them being hard to get.

• Like 4

Considering how much I struggled with the IBS mastery points (and those "dead end Essence tracks"), the EoD ones came rather easy. I did the turtle last, because it took me a while to be able to complete the meta, but after unlocking it I had enough points to buy the unlocks of all the tiers. I did not have to replay the strikes a lot (e.g. Minister of Moral 50 times, DRMs etc.), make expensive and useless collections for a mastery point etc. In EoD a lot came from normal gameplay and perhaps replaying some story steps where you missed the chance for an achievement on the first try. Most of the Arborstone ones, are classic Fed-Ex achievements, you just need to bother to start them. Are they "wiki achievements", like the OP said? Some (like the hidden boxes), but others are clearly marked on the map by those "crown icons".
I wonder how @Junkpile.7439 did with the IBS, when he considers EoD too annoying and not fitting his play style and experience at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Maybe try call of duty 

There is no need for that because a bunch of the mastery points are already like that.

I know because I just looked them up last night to see which ones to do. All the ones that fit the requirements are actually the ones I'll be skipping or shoving down to the bottom of the list because I don't like having stuff tied to specific events.

I can already see the complaints from people about having to look anything up but that is also not required either. You could just talk to all the NPCs with a collection icon and be on the look out for that icon in game. Looking it up is simply optimizing for speed.

• Like 1