The Skyscale Quest Line Is WAY Too Grindy, And Insulting [Merged]

I earned my skyscale one year ago and was lucky I own the game from the beginning, So I already could glide, use other mounts and had unlocked a lot of necessary maps and achievements. Yet it took me 2 months (still had to do Living World 4).

For new players however, this must be annoying: So many things to do in HoT, PoF and Living world before you even can start doing Skyskale. For them there should be a shortcut if they buy the complete game with all expansions. Just my 5 pence...

• Confused 4

I find it incomprehensible how even the farming of map currency, which is an activity and not a waiting game, is being referred to as a "timegate" now.

I still stand by my opinion that some of the complaints here sound like a desperate call for instant gratification, an unwillingness to play the game in order to achieve something well worth its time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Albadaran.1283 said:

For new players however, this must be annoying: So many things to do in HoT, PoF and Living world before you even can start doing Skyskale. For them there should be a shortcut if they buy the complete game with all expansions. Just my 5 pence...

So what you are saying is that new players must be annoyed by the amount of content available in the game and should have a way where they can skip it all and just be handed the rewards?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

I check this forum once a month to see if this awful grind is gone. I got half way through, noped out, and took my money to WoW. 

Why? So you can grind more and harder? Somehow you have convinced yourself WoW is the pinnacle of a non-grindy MMO? 🤣

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

So what you are saying is that new players must be annoyed by the amount of content available in the game and should have a way where they can skip it all and just be handed the rewards?

So true, i started the game few weeks ago, and usually i tend to rush to endgame in mmorpgs , but this time i decided to take another direction: Playing casually to the endgame, along the story contents. And man, i am having blast. A Blast i haven’t had in years. Haha i remember starting HoT not long ago and was thinking „ok now things get interested“ after getting my kitten clapped so hard that my head spun around.
And now my Skyscale is within reach and i am excited like a little child before Christmas. 

so my advice: take your time, enjoy the vista and remember: your are not a bad player because you go slow but steady.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

I check this forum once a month to see if this awful grind is gone. I got half way through, noped out, and took my money to WoW. 

The best way to tell everyone your comment is sarcastic without mentioning it is calling the Skyscale an awful grind and then saying you're off to WoW. 
There's actually an even better one, saying you're done with grinding for Exotic gear and you're off to Lost Ark.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The best way to tell everyone your comment is sarcastic without mentioning it is calling the Skyscale an awful grind and then saying you're off to WoW.

Wow doesn’t lock mobility behind a garbage grind with a terrible story. 
 You get their version of the skyscale an hour into the new expansion. 

I have multiple ascended sets and legendaries on GW2. Those were fine. Griffon was fine. Skyscale was enough to make me quit. 

You’re really trying to claim WoW is more grindy than GW2? I can be max level and near BiS gear on an alt in a week or so. GW2 legendaries take months. 

there’s a reason this game’s popularity is consistently decreasing. 

Edited by Zenfooki.2034
Additional details
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

Wow doesn’t lock mobility behind a garbage grind with a terrible story. 
 You get their version of the skyscale an hour into the new expansion. 

I have multiple ascended sets and legendaries on GW2. Those were fine. Griffon was fine. Skyscale was enough to make me quit. 

You’re really trying to claim WoW is more grindy than GW2? I can be max level and near BiS gear on an alt in a week or so. GW2 legendaries take months. 

there’s a reason this game’s popularity is consistently decreasing. 

wow, people are still crying about the skyscale? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

Grinding for Legendaries is fine, but Skyscale is too much. Doubling down on the "GW2 too grindy I'm off to WoW"

15 minutes ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

You can get to level 80 and Ascended in 2-3 days. You complain that you get Legendaries in months in GW2, but you compare it to WoW's BiS, which is equal GW2's Ascended as Legendary doesn't give better stats.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Grinding for Legendaries is fine, but Skyscale is too much. Doubling down on the "GW2 too grindy I'm off to WoW"

You can get to level 80 and Ascended in 2-3 days. You complain that you get Legendaries in months in GW2, but you compare it to WoW's BiS, which is equal GW2's Ascended as Legendary doesn't give better stats.

And in GW2 ascended stays BiS. In WoW you have to grind new gear every new raid tier or expansion. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Why? So you can grind more and harder? Somehow you have convinced yourself WoW is the pinnacle of a non-grindy MMO? 🤣

even WoW has ways to skip the grind now. So even they realize forcing new players to do pointless grind to get to the fun stuff isnt always best. So why have that structure here in GW2?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Ausar.9542 said:

even WoW has ways to skip the grind now. So even they realize forcing new players to do pointless grind to get to the fun stuff isnt always best. So why have that structure here in GW2?

No one is forcing anyone. Skyscale is a completely optional mount. You can do just fine with the other mounts. And come on, the skyscale collection is neither long nor difficult. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

wow, people are still crying about the skyscale? 

I mean its a grind and is a worst grind for new players that have to do all that content while its not populated like it was on the skyscale release. I would hate to be doing that stuff now with less people around to help with the task. I persoanlly hate jumping puzzles, but I got help with the skyscale jumping puzzle. Imagine now with less people around to help with the JP, you all on your own. If you also hate JP that would be enough for a rage quit after grinding all that out and coming to this end that you cant pass.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Ausar.9542 said:

I mean its a grind and is a worst grind for new players that have to do all that content while its not populated like it was on the skyscale release. I would hate to be doing that stuff now with less people around to help with the task. I persoanlly hate jumping puzzles, but I got help with the skyscale jumping puzzle. Imagine now with less people around to help with the JP, you all on your own. If you also hate JP that would be enough for a rage quit after grinding all that out and coming to this end that you cant pass.

You can skip the jumping puzzles for the skyscale. You can buy or craft an item … 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

No one is forcing anyone. Skyscale is a completely optional mount. You can do just fine with the other mounts. And come on, the skyscale collection is neither long nor difficult. 

Not optional in a Cosmetic Progression game like GW2 in which gaining skins is the endgame. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Ausar.9542 said:

Trading Post

Extra-Pungent Skyscale Treat

Living World Return

Here's your ways to skip the "grind" of the Skyscale

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Zenfooki.2034 said:

After suffering through the awful living world story, I get slapped in the face with the collections. No. Not doing it. 

If you bothered to look up what's needed for the Skyscale you'd realize that you don't need to do the entirety of LWS4 for it.
You whine that you need to grind for the Skyscale, yet you refuse to do things that would make it faster.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If you bothered to look up what's needed for the Skyscale you'd realize that you don't need to do the entirety of LWS4 for it.
You whine that you need to grind for the Skyscale, yet you refuse to do things that would make it faster.

I did all of that. I refuse to do the scavenger hunts. That is that worst gameplay design I can possibly imagine locking a mount behind. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5