Chunk of Pure Jade price plummet

Hey all,

As I'm sure some/most of you have noticed that there is no longer any buyers of "Chunks of Pure Jade" on the TP anymore.

This doesn't exactly scream a healthy item so soon after EoD release, unless everyone is just automatically buying  from the TP now (but that seems unlikely).

It definitely seems that Anet need to add another use for these items, or it will follow the path of Hatched Chili where there just isn't any use for it anymore and it better to jsut sell to a random merchant.

Chunks of Petrified Echovald Resin is still doing really good on the TP because it has uses, they need to sort this out, as it just seems weird that the item from the big end game map of EoD is now pretty much useless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

I haven't returned to EOD since release as soon as I got all my masteries. I spend most of my time in Drizlewood, HOT and Silverwaste and all these places are lot more active these days. So i guess lot of players don't care for EOD. Maybe because EOD has some of the worst loot and rewards in game at the moment.

Edited by Mickey.4207
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

54 minutes ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

Hey all,

As I'm sure some/most of you have noticed that there is no longer any buyers of "Chunks of Pure Jade" on the TP anymore.

This doesn't exactly scream a healthy item so soon after EoD release, unless everyone is just automatically buying  from the TP now (but that seems unlikely).

It definitely seems that Anet need to add another use for these items, or it will follow the path of Hatched Chili where there just isn't any use for it anymore and it better to jsut sell to a random merchant.

Chunks of Petrified Echovald Resin is still doing really good on the TP because it has uses, they need to sort this out, as it just seems weird that the item from the big end game map of EoD is now pretty much useless.

"Petrified Echovald Resin" and "Chunks of Pure Jade" mostly have the same uses, Jade has even more because you need 200 extra for every gen 3 legy and  it's also used for "Piece of Dragon Jade" which is needed for cores, protocols etc.

So the reason for the difference may be, that it's just easier to get Jade chunks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I think it's coz Chunks of Pure Jade are so abundant and easy to come by. I can easily accumulate 60 Chunks of Pure Jade daily while roaming Dragon's End doing events for Contributor Stacks and lighting lanterns for repeatable Lamplighter's Badges during the hour before the actual meta begins. I only keep 500 Chunks of Pure Jade in my bank at any one time (for the current legendary I'm working on and extras for the next legendary) so I vendor those daily 60 jade for a quick and easy 1.5 gold. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

So the reason for the difference may be, that it's just easier to get Jade chunks.

It is! I could easily hit the account gathering cap for jade. Resin? Not even going to try.

Edit: The fact that jade can be easily gathered means I don't have much need to buy it. I did buy some in the beginning since I wasn't rushing over to the Jade Sea map. I didn't go there until the story took me there and I was progressing that rather slowly.

I also had a more urgent need for resin to finish the echovald back item so the game would stop filling my inventory with shards of glass.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mickey.4207 said:

I haven't returned to EOD since release as soon as I got all my masteries. I spend most of my time in Drizlewood, HOT and Silverwaste and all these places are lot more active these days. So i guess lot of players don't care for EOD. Maybe because EOD has some of the worst loot and rewards in game at the moment.

Long metas that players don't find rewarding/enjoyable paired with maps that don't have much else to do on them other than the meta is a bad combination.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Long metas that players don't find rewarding/enjoyable paired with maps that don't have much else to do on them other than the meta is a bad combination.

Yet, meta maps  listed on LFG for EoD are always filled and hard to get into. Strange, isn't it?

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Yet, meta maps  listed on LFG for EoD are always filled and hard to get into. Strange, isn't it?

Depends on when you try to join them. If you try to join them as the meta is about to start, or even after, then you’ll have to spam to join on someone and hope a space opens up from someone leaving that map instance. 

I used to do the first three metas twice a day and had no issues getting onto a map instance where a group was doing them. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Silent.6137 said:

Hey, glad some people enjoy them.  For me, EoD maps are even worse than PoF.  At least PoF had bounties if you wanted something to do while you wait for the meta.  HoT did it right, but for some reason ANet doesn't seem to think so.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

No they agree with you. Just look at VB.

Okay, you got me there.  VB has some major flaws in the design.  Nobody likes a 45 minute meta full of repeating the same events over and over and the rewards are similarly terrible.  Compare to DE, where they've doubled the time requirement and kept the copy/paste events and poor rewards.

Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, and Dragon's Stand are all pretty legit though, and VB day cycle isn't bad.  It has fun story-related events that provide progressive rewards for participating in chains.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

HoT did it right, but for some reason ANet doesn't seem to think so.

Show me any map for HoT that has lots of people if there's no metas happening. Or any maps at all, for that matter, including Drizzlewood. I've been on Drizzlewood maps that's virtually deserted and had to look in LFG to find populated maps. Players are always map-hopping looking for maps with tags.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Just now, Silent.6137 said:

Show me any map for HoT that has lots of people if there's no metas happening. Or any maps at all, for that matter, including Drizzlewood. I've been on Drizzlewood maps that's virtually deserted and had to look in LFG to find populated maps. Players are always map-hopping looking for maps with tags.

How about you just log into one?  I went to Auric Basin this morning and people were doing all the pylon chains as usual.  I tagged up for eastwatch and we did the whole chain and finished with Vinetooth prime, then was able to get in on the stoneheads over at southwatch, those blighttender events, and finished up with the wyvern before it was time for the meta.

Tangled Depths is the same way.  People like doing the events and the chak caches provide decent loot for your trouble.  Do you really find it difficult to find people doing these events?  Or do you just not go to these maps yourself outside of meta times?

Now compare to EoD.  What events would you do?  There are very few chains, they don't spawn extra loot for completing each step, and most of them don't finish with a boss.  Where's the fun in running around looking for one-offs before some rando finishes them solo?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, and Dragon's Stand are all pretty legit though, and VB day cycle isn't bad.  It has fun story-related events that provide progressive rewards for participating in chains.

Go there when there's no meta happening and see how well populated they are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

How about you just log into one?  I went to Auric Basin this morning and people were doing all the pylon chains as usual.  I tagged up for eastwatch and we did the whole chain and finished with Vinetooth prime, then was able to get in on the stoneheads over at southwatch, those blighttender events, and finished up with the wyvern before it was time for the meta.

Tangled Depths is the same way.  People like doing the events and the chak caches provide decent loot for your trouble.  Do you really find it difficult to find people doing these events?  Or do you just not go to these maps yourself outside of meta times?

Now compare to EoD.  What events would you do?  There are very few chains, they don't spawn extra loot for completing each step, and most of them don't finish with a boss.  Where's the fun in running around looking for one-offs before some rando finishes them solo?

As a matter of fact, I do frequent those maps. The only ones that are decent is TD because of the caches. The rest is just as deserted/populated as any others without metas or pre-events occuring.

As for EoD, I find the loots just as lucrative. It doesn't have to be events. You can farm the Shrine Guardian Infants puzzle  on all 4 of those maps for very decent loots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

As a matter of fact, I do frequent those maps. The only ones that are decent is TD because of the caches. The rest is just as deserted/populated as any others without metas or pre-events occuring.

As for EoD, I find the loots just as lucrative. It doesn't have to be events. You can farm the Shrine Guardian Infants puzzle  on all 4 of those maps for very decent loots.

That's cool.  Enjoy your puzzles, hearts, and one-off events.  I prefer chain events that end in bosses, maps with a variety of champions to fight, and sometimes continuous metas like DS or DWC.  EoD is a poor fit for what I like to do, which is why I don't spend much time there.  But like I said, I'm glad somebody enjoys it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

That's cool.  Enjoy your puzzles, hearts, and one-off events.  I prefer chain events that end in bosses, maps with a variety of champions to fight, and sometimes continuous metas like DS or DWC.  EoD is a poor fit for what I like to do, which is why I don't spend much time there.  But like I said, I'm glad somebody enjoys it.

We're talking about GW2, right? All EoD metas are chain events that ends in bosses, maps with a variety of champions to fight. EoD metas are continuous, same as at DS or DWC. It's fine if you prefer pre-EoD maps but they are not that different. Other than Dragon's End, which require more coordinations and preparations, the other metas are just as easy for anyone to participate.

Also, I don't know why some people thinks the loots are better in  older maps. Have they really taken a look at what they actually get? TD caches, AB chests, DS pods, DWC chests, etc. None of them are any better. Most of them, you get a bunch of cheap loots. If anything, the loots from trash mobs on EoD maps are of higher value.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

There are a bunch of those in Seitung and Echovald.

Seitung: aetherblade, purist, ritualist, spider, risen, naga

Echovald: mech, jade brotherhood, aetherblade, tiger?, moa, warden

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

On EU servers Drizlewood is on farm all day long. South meta doesn't need a tag and people do it independently. North sometimes needs a tag but mostly people can run it on their own once they figure out where to go. It's laughable to even think Drizlewood is deserted when it's the best place to get materials like clovers to craft legendaries. 

Only time people jump instances in Drizzle is when they are looking for fresh south map because north pops up more often. So maybe problem is your server but then i again i find it hard to believe since anyone who wants to craft lot of ascended and legendaries will always go to drizzlewood for getting materials. Since there is no limit to how much mats you can farm there. Same for Silverwaste, every single day of the week RIBA event is up in central Tyria lfg on EU. People are making 30 to 40 golds per hour and then you wonder why they are more popular compared to EOD.

I get it you like EOD but no need to tell such blatant lies.

Edited by Mickey.4207
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Mickey.4207 said:

I get it you like EOD but no need to tell such blatant lies.

Blatant lies? Please don't get personal in a discussion.

I base everything on my experience. Where do you think I farmed before EoD was released? I like EoD because it gives me more choices but I still farm all those maps including all the HoT, IBS, RIBA, etc. True, I spend more time in EoD atm but I haven't abandon the  rest. And will probably spend more time there once the novelty of new maps wears off somewhat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

It's the only meta in the game that require a dedicated and specific group composition in order to be completed. So it make sense that the people are trying to use the LFG as much as possible there. 

Also, the map allow for max 60 players. ( Probably less actually. i never saw more than 54 players onto the soo-won boss platform ) So the parties have an extreme hard time to fit all 50 inside one. 

Said that, one of the biggest reason about why the people are not buying the jade, is that most components for the new legendary weapons are time gated anyway. It takes 20 weeks in order to gain all the antique summoning stones required for a third gen legendary, and not everyone is willing to spend over 900 golds in order to skip that. So, there is no hurry on obtaining the remaining items.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, bernstein adelheid.8590 said:

It's the only meta in the game that require a dedicated and specific group composition in order to be completed. So it make sense that the people are trying to use the LFG as much as possible there. 

It takes 20 weeks in order to gain all the antique summoning stones required for a third gen legendary, and not everyone is willing to spend over 900 golds in order to skip that. So, there is no hurry on obtaining the remaining items.

True for DE meta but not for the other EoD maps. As for Summoning Stones, assuming you do the meta daily and also buy from the vendor, it'll take less than 8 1/2 weeks to get 100  - 12/week. But you're right that there's absolutely no hurry to get the jades. Just 4 days farming the nodes and you'll have enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

Blatant lies? Please don't get personal in a discussion.

I base everything on my experience. Where do you think I farmed before EoD was released? I like EoD because it gives me more choices but I still farm all those maps including all the HoT, IBS, RIBA, etc. True, I spend more time in EoD atm but I haven't abandon the  rest. And will probably spend more time there once the novelty of new maps wears off somewhat.

Since when it's getting personal to call out wrong information? Your personal experience sounded more like universal one. For last two weeks i am farming drizzle for mats and significant otter achiev. Its not deserted even on Monday mornings. South meta is always active. There is not a single map in EOD which makes you 30 to 40 gold per hour. Thars the real reward in GW2 and then you keep wondering why people say older maps have better loot. Go look at some YouTube videos and streamers which maps they recommend to players for making gold. It's never EOD. And these people know GW2 inside and out 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5