Listing Warrior's pvp problems

Zekent.3652

-Notorious amount of outdated skills and weapons.
-The real sustain is too dependant on MMR.
-Loss Averssion overnerf.
-Many stacked nerfs in FC, that feels overnerfed in the current context.
-Too weak against aegis and blinds spam (Except Bladesworn), good spike damage but lack of constant damage (This is a Bladesworn problem too).
-Constant corrupted might to 5s weakness in this meta, that have a lot of necros, even before EoD (1 single might to 5s weakness LOL).
-Pved nuked spec after a rework that no one asked for (berserker). Which have a casting time in the F1 """transformation""" (just a burst skills change and -300 toughness), while similar things like Shroud and Photon Forge doesn't have any cast, making this spec totally humiliated with things like Power Block.
-Despite having strong cleanses, still hard struggles against condis spam.
-Versatile Power feels like it's a cheap excuse, something that should be baseline but they decided to make it a trait instead.
-Good traits in bad places (like some in Arms, or the Merciless Hammer in Strenght that should replace the Heightened Focus place)
-The worst trait in the game, yes, it's on Warrior, it's called "Arms".
-Useless traits like Heightened Focus.
-The most telegraphed class in the game, which is, nowadays, a weakness in this game.
-Ridiculous skills comparison like Lightning Reflexes having the same CD as Bullscharge, Frenzy and Featherfoot Grace working in a very similar way to Quickening Zephyr, but still have longer CDs, or the Ranger GS4 being just a better Warrior shield5, both with the same CD.
-0 Compensation in the resistance change.

And Etc. There are more things, but i just don't wanna list them all + some might just be bias, this class lost every single good warrior representation, like, the most popular class on rpgs, is one of the most unpopular in GW2, the only good warrior that represents the class in the top tier is Boyce, and he doesn't even plays it there because it's just not good and there are better things to play with even lower effort, the other top tier warrior players just rerolled or quit.

Not being meta is okay, until:
-It's been like this for years.
-With the same classes having 3 subclasses (and one of these is new).
-A lot of builds among these 3 subclasses + the core ones.

These points goes for Mesmer and Ele too ^

That's it from me, what other problems do you think that this class have?

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

> Despite having strong cleanses, still hard struggles against condis spam.

All I'm saying -and that goes for many other things spellbreakers mains complain about, like getting your healing skill power blocked-, maybe you should stop trying to facetank every kittening attack, because most other classes have much worse cleanse but they do know they sometimes have to dodge a thing or two.

I can understand many of the things spellbreakers complain about (getting blind spammed 24/7 being the biggest problem, but also berserker being in the sorry state it is).
But complaining about being unable to deal with conditions? Just learn to play.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

War mains keep crying about other professions utilities...but they always "forget" their far greater access to stability, better cleanse, more spammable sustain between shout and might....where ranger has only one block and a single source of stability with a 1s cast time elite....wars got pulsing stability utility...spellbreakers have 2x blocks with one being 1/3 of the cd of the single ranger block...maybe the actual decent wars should start to complain about the actual specs who cause troubles to them: necro-thief and in some instances scrapper (more wvw thing).

Any warrior who complain about anything else of what I have mentioned....needs to get better

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 12

On 5/24/2022 at 4:02 AM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

All I'm saying -and that goes for many other things warrior mains complain about, like getting your healing skill power blocked-, maybe you should stop trying to facetank every kittening attack

Not like this class isn't forced to be in constant contact, and if you go away, you're giving them space, which is is also bad for a warrior, okay 🧐

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

All I'm saying -and that goes for many other things warrior mains complain about, like getting your healing skill power blocked-, maybe you should stop trying to facetank every kittening attack, because most other classes have much worse cleanse but they do know they sometimes have to dodge a thing or two.

I can understand many of the things warriors complain about (getting blind spammed 24/7 being the biggest problem, but also berserker being in the sorry state it is).
But complaining about being unable to deal with conditions? Just learn to play.

problem is that, warrior needs to face tank, because warrior will just do no damage, without walking to enemies face.

i also wish to have teleports, that allows me to LoS and heal and instant pop back in to enemy and start doing damage, or maybe dashes and retreats that allows me to instantly move away from enemy so i can los and heal and not get power blocked. or maybe even have instant cast skills that allows me to not get power blocked every time i try to do something. or maybe a mirage dodge that allows me to evade mid healing when i see an incoming CC.

it's funny i know other classes have less condition cleanse because i play a lot of classes, yet i have much easier time against condition on other classes.

have you ever considered that why? the same person, have easier time against condition on other classes then on warrior? is it because the same person is simply so much more skilled on other classes?

you don't seem to understand at all and your statement seems to show that in your knowledge people only play one class. which is quite a demonstration of what you know. i would call you by the i word, if there's no mods stopping me.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In an interesting turn of events, it appears that warriors now are the only ones with a melee-oriented build, and that's why they struggle with conditions.
All daredevils\reapers\willbenders\heralds\mirages (yeah, axe\sword is melee)\fire weavers should heed those words: if you are melee, you have to facetank every kittening thing and there's nothing else you can do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

In an interesting turn of events, it appears that warriors now are the only ones with a melee-oriented build, and that's why they struggle with conditions.
All daredevils\reapers\willbenders\heralds\mirages (yeah, axe\sword is melee)\fire weavers should heed those words: if you are melee, you have to facetank every kittening thing and there's nothing else you can do.

in an interesting turns of events, i also play herald/daredevil/willbender

and i as the same person, do not struggle as hard as warrior against condition on any of these classes which i also spend a lot of times with.

care to explain? maybe because i suddenly know how to "learn to play" the game magically when i picked these classes one game and i suddenly have a memory lost when i picked warrior for the next game? some magical world you live in.

you hear it here first guys, you automatically become noob when you pick up warrior. lul

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Of everything you list only ele and mesmer "facetank" anything and that is because they are condi bunkers. Everything else you list goes in for bursts and then kites. Including how war plays.

No idea why you must parrot so much about war players trying to facetank damage, maybe its because bladesworn? Where did the warrior hurt you?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The class has always been very problematic to balance due to its low skill floor.
Giving something with such low skill floor a high ceiling is how you get the current Willbender. Something easy to use with enormous potential means that it gets played everywhere all the time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

The class has always been very problematic to balance due to its low skill floor.
Giving something with such low skill floor a high ceiling is how you get the current Willbender. Something easy to use with enormous potential means that it gets played everywhere all the time.

Or wb is just overtuned, while war is undertuned.

Its funny to me to read "low skill floor" while you had core guard support and core necro meta for the last year. What, those are higher skill floor?

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

Just look at Necro which has a even lower skill floor. 

Necro is by far the easiest class to play in GW2 but still is loaded with BS. 

Why does necro get awesome toys to play with and warrior always needs to sacrifice a leg for everything nice? 

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Just look at Necro which has a even lower skill floor. 

Necro is by far the easiest class to play in GW2 but still is loaded with BS. 

Why does necro get awesome toys to play with and warrior always needs to sacrifice a leg for everything nice? 

Because most devs...play necro.....and no...I am not kidding, just check all the wvw streams on the original gw2 twitch, 5x devs streaming....always playing necro

• Like 1

@anjo.6143 you are not wrong tho the only  problem is still you cant kill other classes fast enough..... even when they fail to dodge every single skill. Most of the time it ends like this: you won that 1v1 against enemy on lets say far node but you need that long for the kill that the enemy get allready a plus or one enemy run into you after you kill him and now your mostly death cause of no cooldown left. I rly wish anet would give us warr Mains at least some damage buffs to our weaponskills.

• Like 1