Im pretty sick of failing Dragons End meta

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

As far as I understand it, you only need to be present at one boss fight in a raid (the original two raids), to unlock the mastery. People even pay for that to get carried. Or as you say they got carried by a friend. You only need to complete one part of a raid without essentially having to do anything at all. A person might even have a real life friend who did it for them, so then it's just their character and not the player who completed part of a raid.

In any case it's a bit much to put someone who just stood there and watched one part of a raid happen in the same group as raiders.

Since people get so hung up at that phrasing, I've changed it. I did not mean to refer to any specific skill or investment into the mode. 

The point is that even just this very low bar of having had one character be in a raid instance when an encounter was completed makes you part of a rather small minority... except on DE today. There we know for sure that it merely makes you a bit above average and likely just average.  

The point is the steep discrepancy between the general player population and the population completing DE. Whether this style of content can be sustained when catering to such a niche. And how the rather hostile rift between the audience who enjoys that content and those who were frustrated by it can be avoided in the future. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

Since people get so hung up at that phrasing, I've changed it. I did not mean some arbitrary definition that everyone will draw at a different line. Whether it is how regularly one plays raids, total amount of successes, social network within the content or whatever other metric. 

The point is that even just this very low bar of having had one character be in a raid instance when an encounter was completed makes you part of a rather small minority... except on DE today. There we know for sure that it merely makes you a bit above average and likely just average.  

The point is the steep discrepancy between the general player population and the population completing DE. Whether this style of content can be sustained when catering to such a niche. And how the rather hostile rift between the audience who enjoys that content and those who were frustrated by it can be avoided in the future. 

Well, it's more what you were trying to say with classing them as such, but this explains it for me. So, fair enough. 🙂 

It is the tenth thread in a row with the same pattern.

It starts with a claim.
Causite: "It is because of Problem #1."
Sanity: "Nah, that is not a problem because of reasons."
Causite: "Ah. Well, then it is Problem #2."
This sub-cycle repeats a few times, into the double digits. Then the thread gets locked and people get warnings and 3-day bans.
Then another thread is started.
And a causite, 50% of the time the same one from the previous thread, chimes in.
Sanity, obviously, reacts: "But we've been over this before. Reasons."
Causite: "No we haven't. But Problem #2."
And the dishonest sub-cycle now repeats. 
Over and over again, this pattern. Consistently. People "forget" stuff that's been discussed, refuted, proven, proven wrong, etc. Observe how the problem of the DPS and phases is brought up again, lol. Questioned by literally the same people that have suddenly experienced amnesia about videos and maths that they've seen before.
It is dishonest and disgusting.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

It starts with a claim.
This sub-cycle repeats a few times, into the double digits. Then the thread gets locked and people get warnings and 3-day bans.
And a causite, 50% of the time the same one from the previous thread, chimes in.
Over and over again, this pattern. Consistently. People "forget" stuff that's been discussed, refuted, proven, proven wrong, etc. Observe how the problem of the DPS and phases is brought up again, lol. Questioned by literally the same people that have suddenly experienced amnesia about videos and maths that they've seen before.

This is very accurate, thank you. I’ll prepare a buzzword bingo card for the next thread. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

It starts with a claim.

Yes , when people believe that increasing your dps is a needed core mechanic to be learned , we must refresh their memory .

We don't have installed ArcDPS in our pc . The devs never said that you need it , or show rotations in the livestream .

If people using Arc , try to change every1 around them , then we justifiable  can be angry to them . Until then , a 10% HP reduction , would suffice for DE

Raider : "But a 10% hp reduction will make the content 11111111111 and wouldn't promote co-up" ...

And from here on the circle of conversations continue ...

(can we continue that to the release of steam , so new players...)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

It starts with a claim.

The sad fact about nearly every MMOs is that many 3rd party developers also make their living off the game by selling automation programs and bots, and they have a community of customers.

They won't make a living if the content don't reward solely by participation, they will fight hard against human interaction and coordination, they will ask for contents to stay within automation performance. All these just to make sure their "scripts" will keep up the newest content updates, to keep profit coming.

Nothing you say, no matter how truthful, how accurate it is, will convince them, because there's real $$ involved.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, The Boz.2038 said:

It starts with a claim.

It's interesting how "sanity" keeps reacting over and over again to the "causites".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

The sad fact about nearly every MMOs is that many 3rd party developers also make their living off the game by selling automation programs and bots, and they have a community of customers.

They won't make a living if the content don't reward solely by participation, they will fight hard against human interaction and coordination, they will ask for contents to stay within automation performance. All these just to make sure their "scripts" will keep up the newest content updates, to keep profit coming.

Nothing you say, no matter how truthful, how accurate it is, will convince them, because there's real $$ involved.

Seriously, did you just accuse everyone disagreeing with you, and posting about their dislike of DE event, to be paid shills?

Honestly, even when considering the overall levels of discussions on these forums this is a new low.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yes , when people believe that increasing your dps is a needed core mechanic to be learned , we must refresh their memory .

We don't have installed ArcDPS in our pc . The devs never said that you need it , or show rotations in the livestream .

If people using Arc , try to change every1 around them , then we justifiable  can be angry to them . Until then , a 10% HP reduction , would suffice for DE

The required DPS check is ~Soldier's gear autoattack. You don't need arc or rotations for getting those numbers.
As has been stated and proven before.
But here we go, on yet another cycle.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

I finally made it on the 15th attempt. I had given up on it but I was fishing to finish the avid collection and I saw there was some pre-made squad going to try it. I almost left but decided to stay and join them. The fight looked really good and oh boy... by the last 20% I was either in a vortex or in a bubble unable to deal any damage, left to die in the vortexes. Then finally able to actually fight it started to swap and swap and swap sides. We managed to beat it with like 10 seconds left.

I still say it being an openworld event, having such difficulty that it takes pre-made squads when everything else is randoms joining is not what the rest of the game is. I saw Kaineng Overlook CM strike being called the hardest encounter in the game so far. There is where very hard and organized content belongs to, to optional instances for the hardcore players. And those are the ones that are ok with this being so casual unfriendly, so they can keep farming their daily summoning stone and it doesn't go down in price as fast as if most people could finish it daily.

I myself I'm not going back to there for the other achievements that take the meta to be done. And Anet itself takes the side of those that like this so I'm not hopeful at all this will get any better with new content. Keep being proud of being a casual game with no grinding or waiting time to have fun while being adamant on not changing this bs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

The required DPS check is ~Soldier's gear autoattack. You don't need arc or rotations for getting those numbers.
As has been stated and proven before.
But here we go, on yet another cycle.

Ah i thought , the requirments were naked without gear .

Why force me to wear gear ???

(You should check the info Ersise post , were each time the boss uses i-frames attacks , people are forced to increase their dps for the rest of the fight)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4