What happened to respecting the customer's time?

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

So because i'm relegated to US off peak i'm SoL, right great, i do call for HP in hot occasionally, i'm usually met with the "HP train" is already gone through you'll have to wait a few hours for the next one.. (i move on to other easier content thats not hot..) No wonder hot is dead these days...

I hang out on HoT maps quite a bit at odd hours and I help with HPs.  What I notice is that when people ask for help in map chat I am very rarely the only person that shows up to help.  In fact, if I don't get there more or less right away the player has already said "ty" in chat and moved on because somebody already helped them.  Of course, YMMV. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I hang out on HoT maps quite a bit at odd hours and I help with HPs.  What I notice is that when people ask for help in map chat I am very rarely the only person that shows up to help.  In fact, if I don't get there more or less right away the player has already said "ty" in chat and moved on because somebody already helped them.  Of course, YMMV. 🤷‍♂️

Some times you lucky and meet nice people willing to help but lately less so.. Tbh i meet so few players in HoT lately i'd be surprised if anyone is even there sometimes.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Yah...this is a detriment to DE for me, i have to join 1 hour early to not to spam "map join", and having to wait for 30 mins or more after all pre-events are done is ludicrous! Just start the meta after we're finished!

The fight itself is great but not worth all that waiting

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Erise.5614 said:

What exactly do you find challenging about the encounter?

And how should I understand the last sentence? Are you saying you enjoy the meta because you sometimes fail it?

If you don't find the DE meta more challenging, where you have to pay more attention to the mechanics, then there's really no explanations I give that will satisfy you.

Yes, I enjoy the meta because there's a chance of failure if the group as a whole fail to execute. I try to do the meta daily and my personal win-rate with random LFG groups and my total number of wins is very high, but I've experienced a few failures. No one likes losing but winning it the very next time makes it that much more satisfying.

But isn't that fear justified? If you do try to participate as short as possible, would that not seriously affect your win rate or at least when and how often you get to attempt the meta?

Whether justified or not, it's the player's choice. Not everyone join a squad an hour before the meta. And how would that affect your win-rate or attempts? You need less than half an hour to get the necessary Contributors, Offensive & Defensive Protocols, and for the squads to get the map in high readiness for the 5% bonus damage against the Dragonvoid.

The reason I call it a DPS check is because it does require above average OW DPS performance. You can see a direct correlation between DPS during the first phase and whether the meta succeeds or fails. Like, it's basically a 1:1 correlation. 

You've devoted many posts and pages defending your stance on the various threads. You've made your position abundantly clear, but then so has the others. DPS Check is almost a mantra to you which you kept bringing it up so you can regurgitate what you have already said before. You will not change their minds and they will not change yours. Different perspectives but your is not more correct than theirs, and vice-versa.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

If you don't find the DE meta more challenging, where you have to pay more attention to the mechanics, then there's really no explanations I give that will satisfy you.

That's the point - it's not that challenging to me. I have no problem with mechanics, dealing dps or surviving at all. It's just no matter how well i performed, it had no impact on the success rate of the attempt. Most of the time we'd still fail.

Yes, I enjoy the meta because there's a chance of failure if the group as a whole fail to execute. I try to do the meta daily and my personal win-rate with random LFG groups and my total number of wins is very high, but I've experienced a few failures. No one likes losing but winning it the very next time makes it that much more satisfying.

I don't feel any satisfaction that comes solely from being in the "right group". I haven't overcome any challenge to get there - i made the exact same amount of contribution as in all the failed attempts. So, if there's no change on my side, why exactly would i feel a satisfaction that this group of players (that is not my guild or friends, so not a group i could resonate with as a whole) performed better than the previous group of players?

When you're rolling a dice, there's no satisfaction coming from rolling a 6 this time around. It's just something that happens sometimes, not something you have any impact on.

Whether justified or not, it's the player's choice. Not everyone join a squad an hour before the meta. And how would that affect your win-rate or attempts? You need less than half an hour to get the necessary Contributors, Offensive & Defensive Protocols, and for the squads to get the map in high readiness for the 5% bonus damage against the Dragonvoid.

It's not the issue of having or not having the buffs. It's that the players that can form a group that has significant chances of willing start grouping well in advance. If you're late, that map with the high-success-chance group is most likely already full, and all that is left is the ad-hoc groups that are forming in the last moment, and those fail 90% of the time (and i am being generous here). Not that there's all that much of those lately. When i last checked, there was usually one-two LFGs visible, and if one was not yet full, it generally meant it's going to fail.

There are succesful groups that enter the map late, but they generally form either somewhere else, or though some out-of-game channels, like guild discord. Or both. You can't keep counting on being able to join them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Right now I am genuinely trying to understand what it is you enjoy. To make double sure I'm not putting words in your mouth.

So, you find the mechanics more challenging and therefore more interesting. This is a perfectly valid perspective. 

Though I do struggle a bit with the word mechanics here. This can refer to anything happening in the game. If you could point out what mechanics exactly.

And I really don't mean that you have to justify why you like them. Nor be hyper specific about which aspect. The kind of answer I'm looking for is "I like how the minibosses work", "an open world meta that requires killing specific adds (thornhearts) makes the fight all the more interesting to me" or "I like how we have to make sub groups and organize around support boons".

Just a short list of what exactly you refer to when you say "mechanics" here.

4 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Similar deal as above. I really just want to make triple sure I understand what exactly you mean. 

What is the satisfying thing about this in your opinion?

Do you feel like you are improving?

Is it a sense of pride in having beaten it that makes it more satisfying to you?

Would two or generally multiple losses in a row further improve that satisfaction? 

Would it be satisfying regardless of how high the win rate of others is, so long as you personally loose regularly? 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Some times you lucky and meet nice people willing to help but lately less so.. Tbh i meet so few players in HoT lately i'd be surprised if anyone is even there sometimes.

Do you have your player-models down? Or do you wear sunglasses in your dark room?

HOT when i play is as full of players as ever~. You know, lying is bad.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Do you have your player-models down? Or do you wear sunglasses in your dark room?

He just got caught at it over in the "bounty troll" thread, claiming that it's a real problem with players "trolling" bounties by taking them all and causing the boards to end up cleared.  I guess he didn't realize that's actually impossible because bounties don't work that way. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

He just got caught at it over in the "bounty troll" thread, claiming that it's a real problem with players "trolling" bounties by taking them all and causing the boards to end up cleared.  I guess he didn't realize that's actually impossible because bounties don't work that way. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, i read this. Funny guy xD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I'm not lying when i play the maps are dead the metas do not get completed and no one is seen..

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I didn't get caught at anything i was whispered by some dude irate when i said lets map change.. you don't believe me i don't care.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1