Why doesn't this game have..

2 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Because theyre not ?

You're going to have to do better than that right? So Anet makes a trailer ... it's not proper. What attribute does Anet's trailers lack that make them 'not proper' because you imply only 'proper' trailers bring in people and 'improper' ones won't. Your point is pretty vague you realize. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Cus theyre terribly made.

Again, are you going to explain yourself here or are we to believe these vague interpretations are the best you are going to throw at us?

I mean .. here is the appropriate rebuttal to your shallow and vague explanation:

No they aren't. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Again, are you going to explain yourself here or are we to believe these vague interpretations are the best you are going to throw at us?

What are you even on about ? I just told you,their trailers are terribly made. Thats not vague,thats pretty straight forward.

But it seems youre only looking for attention now so ill leave you at it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

16 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

What are you even on about ? I just told you,their trailers are terribly made. Thats not vague,thats pretty straight forward.

Great ... cause I just told you they weren't so ... that's pretty straight forward too. I love when we can just use our opinions about things as facts. Such an amazing way to have a discussion.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Caedmon.6798 said:

Didnt do much !

Nope....

Also paid Josh Strife Hayes a bunch of money for a few minutes of him doing an ad that sounded as sincere as a Raid Shadow Legends spot.

Now ask the real question:"What happened when Staysafe and Toweliee who were streaming the game for fun and passion found out Anet was paying other Streamers?"

or
"What was the impact of the partner program approaching dozens of sub-twenty viewer vtubers and offering them partner when people who had been streaming the game for months couldnt get the time of day from them?"

Streaming support that means anything has to be organic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I understand if you don't like the GW2 trailers and you like the Destiny/ESO ones. That is a perfectly valid opinion, however you are claiming that proper game trailers bring in more new players and GW2 trailers don't. What criteria or metrics is this based on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, kokocabana.8153 said:

I understand if you don't like the GW2 trailers and you like the Destiny/ESO ones. That is a perfectly valid opinion, however you are claiming that proper game trailers bring in more new players and GW2 trailers don't. What criteria or metrics is this based on?

Thats been the case since the early 90's really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Let's re-frame your claims into something simpler:

"Chocolate ice cream is good ice cream. Strawberry ice cream is not good ice cream. More people like good ice cream. It's been that case since the early 90s."

If this line of reasoning sounds dumb to you, then it should because there is absolutely nothing to back up my claim that chocolate is better than strawberry.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, kokocabana.8153 said:

Let's re-frame your claims into something simpler:

"Chocolate ice cream is good ice cream. Strawberry ice cream is not good ice cream. More people like good ice cream. It's been that case since the early 90s."

If this line of reasoning sounds dumb to you, then it should because there is absolutely nothing to back up my claim that chocolate is better than strawberry.

Not really. I think theres a clear difference between the trailers I posted compared to what Gw2 puts out. I dont understand these comments really,its about me wanting anet to put this game out more but somehow people are against it in some way.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Let's pretend that the entire Anet marketing department is looking at this thread for ideas on how to make a better trailer. Have you provided them any constructive feedback on how to improve their trailers other than to go watch Destiny/ESO trailers on Youtube?

Throwing more money at it? I already discussed the limited budget and audience reach.

Create a more narrative style trailer with in-game characters we are familiar with showing up? That's an idea, but you didn't mention that.

Edited by kokocabana.8153
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, kokocabana.8153 said:

Let's pretend that the entire Anet marketing department is looking at this thread for ideas on how to make a better trailer. Have you provided them any constructive feedback on how to improve their trailers other than to go watch Destiny/ESO trailers on Youtube?

Throwing more money at it? I already discussed the limited budget and audience reach.

Create a more narrative style trailer with in-game characters we are familiar with showing up? That's an idea, but you didn't mention that.

Did you not realize my thread was a Question ?

I should tell Anet on how to improve their trailers ?! I gave a few simple examples on what proper trailers are,you expecting me to tell Anet on how to do it is a bit wild isnt it ? Im not a developer.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

7 minutes ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Did you not realize my thread was a Question ?

I should tell Anet on how to improve their trailers ?! I gave a few simple examples on what proper trailers are,you expecting me to tell Anet on how to do it is a bit wild isnt it ? Im not a developer.

Well then dont say anything is wrong, since you clearly cant point out what is wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well then dont say anything is wrong, since you clearly cant point out what is wrong.

Read my Op,what more do i even need to tell you ?

Everything you need to know is right there.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

Anet doesn’t market their game for some reason. And they still do good and are in the top 10 mmos.  I remember seeing world of Warcraft commercial when I first started mmos and thinking omg what a game! Then I tried it and was like this is not what I saw 👀 needless to say I did not stay for long as it felt clunky and it wasn’t for my taste. Commercials like that doesn’t always go the way they think it will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Didnt do much !

Clearly it did if Anet was able to bring in three times the people they had back from Icebrood and onwards. It did something, but not the way you or other people that are on a similar wavelength as you.

Idk why people want to see the same copy paste things across all mmos and consoles nowadays. It wouldn't even make the game unique, it would just make them just as generic as the ads you see often on YouTube and (most of the time) skip.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Trailers do little to Retain players, which is what Guild Wars 2 has a problem with.

EoD brought a lot of people back in. 5 months later, it's a fair question to ask where they went. 

Trailers only work when you want to create hype and sell on the short term, and while Gw2 does have benefits from selling on the short term, it's more commonplace method of acquiring money influx is through the cash shop, which require live players to spend. And for that, they need people who stick around long enough to be interested.

It Seems like the team currently on the job has the same idea and is taking steps to help improve new user experience, which can only be beneficial, even if late.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caedmon.6798 said:

Im not contradicting myself I was talking about Proper trailers like the ones I posted that bring in new people. The trailers from Gw2,Didnt do much. Its hard reading isnt it. I dont even understand why youre trying to fight me some random bs that doesnt make sense about me wanting gw to bring in more people,go do something useful man

Well it's not hard reading. It's hard to suss out what you're making up and what is actual fact.

You say those trailers bring in people. How many people? Evidence?  Is this an opinion or do you have hard data to back it up.

You say Guild Wars 2 trailers don't bring in people. Evidence? Is this your opinion, or do you have evidence to back it up.

The idea that trailers in and of themselves significantly affect playerbase is at best unproven. It's just your opinion, and you're welcome to it. Which doesn't mean people with different opinions are wrong.

While it's annedotal I personally can assure you I've never bought a game solely off a trailer. The most that happens if I see a trailer I like I'll research the game. Because I'm smart enough (and I think most people are) that I know that trailers don't always equal gameplay.

It's the same with movies. I've seen some great trailers that show me every good thing in the movie.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Have you seen how good those Game of Legend of honor of Conquest bla bla mobile game trailers look?
And how bad and riddled with microtransactions the actual gameplay is?
You should be playing all of them just because the trailers are good.

This is a 10yo MMO which is doing well enough for them to promise a new expansion right after the previous one released on February 28th. All without super fancy trailers or blowing their money on advertisements.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They don't have them because they are entirely unnecessary. Case in point, this game is nearly 10 years old and in no danger of having its servers shut down anytime soon. Part of the reason is because this game wasn't created to pull players out of every other game to monopolize them with this one. It is not a WoW killer and never claimed to be. This game does not compete with other games because it doesn't need to. Those trailers, while pretty, are a waste of money.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ncsoft is too busy pumping money into Linage to care about GW2.. Also the people running Anet only care about the GW2 economy and cash shop.. to be bothered with something trivial like marketing the actual game.

They used to have amazing trailers in GW1 then nothing, weird watercolor fan like things these days.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5