Replace EoTM open air design with Water 💧 for Skiff siege battles

I had an idea. EoTM seem like a good place to do experiment for WvW since nobody really go there anymore.

Level out the EoTM map some.

Replace the floating island 🏝 concept with water.

New siege type: Battle Skiffs

Multiples players can ride thr battle Skiff.

One player pilots,

One person controls the ranged laser 

One person controls the Skiff Cannon

2 passenger slots 

For a total of 5 players can mount the Battle Skiffs.

Skiffs can only be built and repaired damage at the Dock at the base.

Battle Skiffs are made using a unique collected resources that drops from players and some NPCs that need to be returned to the dock to build the Battle Skiffs.

Battle Skiffs can attack other skiffs, as well as attack the land structures and bridges.

The newly added water has a side effect. Hostile Piranhas lurk in the water

Which will have a damage over time effect to swimmers 🏊‍♂️.  This makes the use of bridges 🌉 still functionally needed on the map to be controlled and repaired for travel. Skiffs are a threat to that and would have to be dealt with using other Skiffs or land siege weapons to sink thr Skiffs.

Edited by Knighthonor.4061
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Coming from a MMO that revolved around naval-combat alot (Archeage)... i have to say:  YES!

But as someone that knows Gw2.... and knows how fundamentally broken and busted Underwatercombat is: NO!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I like this idea, but I have to wonder how it would relate to underwater combat?  Right now, underwater combat across all classes is horribly uneven (but then again, so is regular combat...), but my bigger issue is that we're almost 10 years into GW2 and dead ranger pets still functioning underwater has NEVER been fixed.  And like so many other issues in WvW, I don't have much (or any) faith in the devs that it will ever be fixed. 😞

• Thanks 1