Black Lion Hunters Contract Didn't get delivery if I don't log in.

With it being delivered in the mail; it shouldn't be seen as a daily login reward. If instead you had to open a chest inside your home instance; then I could see it being a "daily" login reward.

The wording for the "contract" itself in the shop pretty ambiguous; when i first saw them i had to dig through the wiki and youtube videos to see exactly they did.

What about Birthday presents; if you don't log in exactly on your toons birthday you still get the present on your next login.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Except you knew the terms when you bought the contract.  Now you want a change.  There is no reason for Anet to change the terms.

God forbid making any kind of improvement. 
Sacrilege. The players would riot if an existing item became better 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

24 minutes ago, Endless Soul.5178 said:

That's exactly what I'm wondering.

Could you stop calling a paid service login rewards?
Login rewards are a separate system.
You pay thousands of gems to get those Black Lion Contracts deliveries going. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Friday.7864 said:

Could you stop calling a paid service login rewards?
Login rewards are a separate system.
You pay thousands of gems to get those Black Lion Contracts deliveries going. 

You have to pay for the game to get login rewards too, f2p accounts don't get them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

So, people want to accumulate in-game stuff by not playing the game at all?  Not even logging in?  I'm not sure of any business model that incentivizes customers to avoid their product/service.    Any business that does would quickly become bankrupt.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Rogue.8235 said:

So, people want to accumulate in-game stuff by not playing the game at all?  Not even logging in?  I'm not sure of any business model that incentivizes customers to avoid their product/service.    Any business that does would quickly become bankrupt.

Exactly this. I have multiple accounts that I bought on sales, mostly for login rewards. I ended up frequently being too lazy to do so. If Anet were still filling my inboxes with loads and loads of loot not only would people like me be earning silly amounts of materials, but a lot more things would become valueless from all the lazy butts like me logging in just once a month. You would be crashing a lot of the economy for the sake of selling accounts for very minimal amounts of cash (and in some cases they have given away accounts too).

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

On 6/20/2022 at 5:50 AM, Lottie.5370 said:

Can you imagine someone not logging in for even a month and having to deal with 30 mails tho? Or someone that takes a year break?

It makes perfect sense why you have to log in to get it, other than being an incentive to log daily.

You realize i have 200-300 every few days in my hotmail.. a month away from GW2 wouldn't even dent that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

50 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

You realize i have 200-300 every few days in my hotmail.. a month away from GW2 wouldn't even dent that.

Like... what?

What kind of comparison is that?

You can easily search through an email, you can see them all at once, you can mass delete, filter, mark as unread... etc. It is nothing like the in-game mail system.

In game you would have to claim them one by one, you have to delete them one by one, if someone takes a year break it's going to take them like an hour to deal with.

But it's just one argument against it, I really don't see the need for getting the loot if you're not logging in for it anyway. Sure it's annoying if you forget to log in for a day or two and you feel like you're missing out, but it's the same with dailies/log-in rewards etc. There's no need to pay for the item if you're not logging in to use it anyway.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Like... what?

What kind of comparison is that?

You can easily search through an email, you can see them all at once, you can mass delete, filter, mark as unread... etc. It is nothing like the in-game mail system.

In game you would have to claim them one by one, you have to delete them one by one, if someone takes a year break it's going to take them like an hour to deal with.

But it's just one argument against it, I really don't see the need for getting the loot if you're not logging in for it anyway. Sure it's annoying if you forget to log in for a day or two and you feel like you're missing out, but it's the same with dailies/log-in rewards etc. There's no need to pay for the item if you're not logging in to use it anyway.

30 boxes of resources to open isn't a big deal... Paying 3k gems and not getting boxes daily if not logging in is a big deal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

30 boxes of resources to open isn't a big deal... Paying 3k gems and not getting boxes daily if not logging in is a big deal.

If your not playing the hunters that have gone out and search for stuff dont know you are alive so dont send you stuff.

Sounds like a good reason in my book.

Edit

Same with birthday present it actualy dont get sent untill you login so people who have been away for years get alot of them at once.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

If your not playing the hunters that have gone out and search for stuff dont know you are alive so dont send you stuff.

Sounds like a good reason in my book.

Edit

Same with birthday present it actualy dont get sent untill you login so people who have been away for years get alot of them at once.

We already paid up front.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Friday.7864 said:

God forbid making any kind of improvement. 
Sacrilege. The players would riot if an existing item became better 🙂 

Except it is not an improvement in every way.

The suggestion is an inprovement in regards to convenience and availability of said rewards.

It is a step back in regards to this items second main function: to promote players return to the game daily (with the first being revenue for the company).

The comparison to any other account upgrade which generates continous rewards is very applicable. Why should those purchases not be "improved" on? Why not take it a step further and demand garden plots and homes nodes should not have to be gathered any longer?

The net result eventually becomes a LOT of convenience, and in game rewards, placed behind payed content which requires 0 effort from a players side. That muddles the waters between convenience and pay-to-win. While at the same time making these items lose one of their core design purposes: keep players loging in daily.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Except it is not an improvement in every way.

The suggestion is an inprovement in regards to convenience and availability of said rewards.

It is a step back in regards to this items second main function: to promote players return to the game daily (with the first being revenue for the company).

The comparison to any other account upgrade which generates continous rewards is very applicable. Why should those purchases not be "improved" on? Why not take it a step further and demand garden plots and homes nodes should not have to be gathered any longer?

The net result eventually becomes a LOT of convenience, and in game rewards, placed behind payed content which requires 0 effort from a players side. That muddles the waters between convenience and pay-to-win. While at the same time making these items lose one of their core design purposes: keep players loging in daily.

There's login rewards and dailies already to promote daily logins. Plus a couple hundred other things on daily reset.
Also, a log in doesn't equal revenue in the form of spending gems. 
What would equal more revenue is more people having a reason to buy the contracts. As in "even if I can't play for a few days, I'll get something out of it, so might as well spend money on these contracts". Contracts which cost like 5k gems in total to acquire btw.

AGAIN: Contracts are for instance owners ONLY. You cannot let others use them, ever! 
If someone has alt accounts they can farm the garden dozens of times per day. You can (ab)use the heck out of it, not the contracts tho.
These items are completely different in nature. Please stop comparing apples and oranges and saying they're the same thing. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention the obvious but the whole point of a contract is to have others gather materials for you and to get those delivered to you. I don't see garden plots being advertised as such...

Edited by Friday.7864
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

If it such a big deal... don't buy them? If Anet find noone buys them they would change things. As it is we can only expect that most people buying them both know how how they work and are OK with it. If you don't like it, it's a lot like a contract to buy anything else irl. Don't like the terms? Don't buy it.

Edited by Emberfoot.6847
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The thing is, the OP has a point. It doesn't say you don't get them or get them in the description. There's no real way to know without buying one.  There's a lack of clarity over the issue at the very least. 

That said, I wouldn't buy something like that making the assumption I would get stuff. Buying something without knowing is part of the problem.

There are tons of people who leave the game and getting stuff every day if they're taking a four year break isn't practical either.

I wouldn't have an objection to it coming if you miss a couple of days, but it's another thing for the game to keep track of.  Since I do log in every single day, I get it, one way or another.  I didn't even know you didn't get it if you don't log in, since that hasn't happened.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Friday.7864 said:

There's login rewards and dailies already to promote daily logins. Plus a couple hundred other things on daily reset.

Yes, and the contract is just another one of those blocks.

Also, a log in doesn't equal revenue in the form of spending gems. 

That is false. There are statistics on player retention and they show that players that continuously login will stay with a game longer. It is one of THE reasons why these type of quest/content/rewards are pushed and implemented, especially in f2p or similar products.

Since revenue is a function of player retention, your claim is bogus.

What would equal more revenue is more people having a reason to buy the contracts. As in "even if I can't play for a few days, I'll get something out of it, so might as well spend money on these contracts". Contracts which cost like 5k gems in total to acquire btw.

You are potentially trading short term revenue for long-term player engagement. One gives you more earnings strait away, the other creates a better basis for continued earnings.

AGAIN: Contracts are for instance owners ONLY. You cannot let others use them, ever! 

Irrelevant to this discussion. 

If someone has alt accounts they can farm the garden dozens of times per day. You can (ab)use the heck out of it, not the contracts tho.

If player have alt accounts they can farm the login rewards, which cost the minimum of acquiring the base game, for substantially higher return than any plots. 

Those players are still loging on their main. They are still ACTIVE within the game. 

The main goal of daily login rewards of any form is to retain players that might become INACTIVE.

Giving a reward to players is NOT the main goal here. It's the retention aspect and everyone would do best to remember that in regards to purpose and reason for this type of "content".

These items are completely different in nature. Please stop comparing apples and oranges and saying they're the same thing. 

The items are not different in what they are designed for, even if they might function differently in detail.

Hunter contracts are pretty much the exact same thing as the regular login rewards. In essence they are extension of those without taking the step of setting up a new account, which by the way too is possible for any player who wants to "earn" rewards for minimal effort.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the obvious but the whole point of a contract is to have others gather materials for you and to get those delivered to you. I don't see garden plots being advertised as such...

Absolutely irrelevant outside of it being maybe lore related.

You need to stop looking at this from your own personal subjective demand/desire and start considering the broader picture in relation to player base, player activity and what certain items are implemented for. 

I would love to have my login rewards 1nce per week, especially if I can't login over a weekend. That still doesn't make me not realize how this might affect the game as a whole because now suddenly maybe a lot more players might only login 1nce per week and I guarantee you: some of those players won't be around for long after.

As to perception, I already mentioned how having automatic loot rewards for money without any sort of effort can lead to increased perception of pay-to-win (or in this case additional in game wealth). Both the hunter contracts as well as the infinte tools got their share of scrutiny when they were first implemented.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Emberfoot.6847 said:

If it such a big deal... don't buy them? If Anet find noone buys them they would change things. As it is we can only expect that most people buying them both know how how they work and are OK with it. If you don't like it, it's a lot like a contract to buy anything else irl. Don't like the terms? Don't buy it.

I bought them all ages ago, helped immensely on Skyscale.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Yes, and the contract is just another one of those blocks.

That is false. There are statistics on player retention and they show that players that continuously login will stay with a game longer. It is one of THE reasons why these type of quest/content/rewards are pushed and implemented, especially in f2p or similar products.

Since revenue is a function of player retention, your claim is bogus.

You are potentially trading short term revenue for long-term player engagement. One gives you more earnings strait away, the other creates a better basis for continued earnings.

Irrelevant to this discussion. 

If player have alt accounts they can farm the login rewards, which cost the minimum of acquiring the base game, for substantially higher return than any plots. 

Those players are still loging on their main. They are still ACTIVE within the game. 

The main goal of daily login rewards of any form is to retain players that might become INACTIVE.

Giving a reward to players is NOT the main goal here. It's the retention aspect and everyone would do best to remember that in regards to purpose and reason for this type of "content".

The items are not different in what they are designed for, even if they might function differently in detail.

Hunter contracts are pretty much the exact same thing as the regular login rewards. In essence they are extension of those without taking the step of setting up a new account, which by the way too is possible for any player who wants to "earn" rewards for minimal effort.

Absolutely irrelevant outside of it being maybe lore related.

You need to stop looking at this from your own personal subjective demand/desire and start considering the broader picture in relation to player base, player activity and what certain items are implemented for. 

I would love to have my login rewards 1nce per week, especially if I can't login over a weekend. That still doesn't make me not realize how this might affect the game as a whole because now suddenly maybe a lot more players might only login 1nce per week and I guarantee you: some of those players won't be around for long after.

As to perception, I already mentioned how having automatic loot rewards for money without any sort of effort can lead to increased perception of pay-to-win (or in this case additional in game wealth). Both the hunter contracts as well as the infinte tools got their share of scrutiny when they were first implemented.

Sweetie, not everyone is as free as you to be able to log in daily. 

And it is not irrelevant if items have different functions to this degree. 

Don't really feel like reading the rest of  what you wrote, seems kinda... irrelevant. Have a nice day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Friday.7864 said:

Sweetie, not everyone is as free as you to be able to log in daily. 

And it is not irrelevant if items have different functions to this degree. 

Don't really feel like reading the rest of  what you wrote, seems kinda... irrelevant. Have a nice day.

I takes what at most 4 minutes to start up the game and get into a map with 1 character?

If you cant do that you dont deserve the materials every day.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Sounds like the best way to do it is for it to count up the days you are away and deliver it as a package the next time you log in.

And as for the contrarian silliness about rewarding you for being away being such a ghastly and incomprehensible way to do things, the game already does that with birthday gifts. And in practice, what does it do? It doesn't incentivize you to not play, it encourages you to come back by giving you something cool to engage with as soon as you log in. What's the first thing that's gonna happen when you log in if you're away a while? You're going to wonder what to do because you've forgotten how a lot of stuff works. Stuff like this gives you something to do and a reason to stay. It's the opposite of how people are portraying it.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I takes what at most 4 minutes to start up the game and get into a map with 1 character?

If you cant do that you dont deserve the materials every day.

Congrats on having a stress free life where one of your main worries is logging into an MMO? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1