Chill rework?

I've always wondered whats the point in cripple when chill exists its just way better out of the two the movement speed slash and skill recharge delay is insane especially in competitive game modes, so what am I advocating for? For chill to have its movement speed effect to be completely removed and just have its roll to slow down enemy's skill recharge would be more healthy instead of just having two conditions that just do the same thing but ones better why not separate them even more?

•  
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

The REAL problem with things like cripple and chill is their violation of the law of physics about the conservation of momentum. You could be in a mid-air while jumping across platforms, having already built up momentum to clear the gap, but if you get hit with chill while in mid air, it's like you hit a soft wall and there goes your momentum and you just fall to your doom.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

The REAL problem with things like cripple and chill is their violation of the law of physics about the conservation of momentum. You could be in a mid-air while jumping across platforms, having already built up momentum to clear the gap, but if you get hit with chill while in mid air, it's like you hit a soft wall and there goes your momentum and you just fall to your doom.

How dare you inject reality into my fantasy!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

The other problem with them is that it's annoying to get crippled or chilled by average mobs all the time, but that's just me. I need an ability that reflects the cripple and/or chill back and causes the offending mob to explode in a big ball of fire. That would be satisfying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Pssst... should we tell him about the millions of violations of the second law of thermodynamics?  Maybe he hasn't noticed that magic users aren't combusting into massive fiery balls of death.

😛

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Pssst... should we tell him about the millions of violations of the second law of thermodynamics?  Maybe he hasn't noticed that magic users aren't combusting into massive fiery balls of death.

😛

I haven't taken physics 3 yet!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

It's call magic, not physics.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, iosifd.1563 said:

I've always wondered whats the point in cripple when chill exists its just way better out of the two

I've always wondered whats the point in chill when immobilize exists its just way better out of the two

(zero punctuation feels weird)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

I've always wondered whats the point in chill when immobilize exists its just way better out of the two

(zero punctuation feels weird)

I always wondered what's the point of immobilize when float exists and it's just more fun in general.

• Haha 1

When reaper first came out they tried something different with chill, transforming it into a DoT condi that at certain amount of certains actual FREEZES and completely IMMOBILIZING the target for a few seconds, this caused lots of issues and bugs in PVP so they completely removed it and change it into the boring chill = bleed we have today.....now that PVP and PVE are more seperate than they have ever been these days i really wish they would bring this flavor back to reaper for PVE and just leave it out of pvp so we dont have the bugs/issues.

12 hours ago, MileVual.9241 said:

at certain amount of certains

I'm not certain about that.

Look I like chill. I've been chilled for years. We need a new condition, call it "Cheezy". It's not easy being cheezy. It'll provide us L33t players with a bigger challenge. We need this.

• Haha 1

Cripple and Chill aren't the same, its like comparing Bleeding to Burning. One is much more effective, but has alot shorter duration and thus has to be used as a well-timed burst, while the other is frequently applied at long durations and pressures the enemy player into using their cleanse to get rid of it instead of waiting it out.

They also convert to completely different boons in competitive modes. Chill is the more risky condition to use because it converts to Alacrity, which is always fun at Stonemist Castle.

Edited by Hannelore.8153