Jade buff Offensive/defensive combine plz

what's the point of having 2 stations with different buffs? Its no downside in choosing one since u can do both.

All it does now is annoy ppl who need run to battery 2 times to offense station spam click run back battery 2 times charge go back offense station spam clicks

After that fun u do the same for defense station 

JUST WHY?

Suggestion get rid of offense and defense station, Call it Jade combat station and get both buffs at the same time

Or even better get totally rid of this power creep mechanic, there is zero fun in it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

To be honest, I think they should just get rid of these buffs full-stop and reduce mob power accordingly.

These buffs only exist to help prop up the existence of Jade Bots. The game would play identically without them, but you wouldn't have to disrupt your play hunting for buff stations.

And then they could also be removed from maps, where they quite often seem out of place.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

Or even better get totally rid of this power creep mechanic, there is zero fun in it.

Yes. 

Also the batteries and stations destroy the enviroment. An old forrest full of mistery, dangerour inhabitants and battery filling and bot stations. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Yes. 

Also the batteries and stations destroy the enviroment. An old forrest full of mistery, dangerour inhabitants and battery filling and bot stations. 

Indeed. Those ancient forests must not be very dangerous if technicians have been able to run around installing EV charging stations every few meters. Really enhances the ambience of an old growth forest to have glowing tech everywhere you look. I know that I miss billboards, neon signs, and the like when I am out backpacking.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

I agree with the get rid of it. 

It's just an excuse to make me pay 20 silver to teleport to cantha and back every day.

Are these available in arborstone? If not they should be added, it would at least be less irritating.

You can port to arborstone (either scroll or the TP from the lions arch asura gate), then exit to echovald wilds. I think there are stations near the portal. Not in arborstone though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

You can port to arborstone (either scroll or the TP from the lions arch asura gate), then exit to echovald wilds. I think there are stations near the portal. Not in arborstone though.

Too many load screens. I don't have those 15-30 seconds per scene.

I want my satisfaction quickly.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

SSDs are beautiful things. And relatively cheap.

Shouldn't need to spend money (depending on the strength of your currency, it could easily be 4x as expensive) on an extra device as a stopgap for an issue the developers could, and should fix, if they are going to leave them in as they are.

There is absolutely no reason for these to not exist in Arborstone, or other convenient locations, if they're just gonna have them literally in the next map over with not enough batteries around to get a full 2hr charge, causing us to have to do a minimum of 3-5 loading screens. I just don't like that in refreshing it, seconds of my life drain away just because the closest ones have awkward placement, for no real reason as time wasting isn't a form balance. I could spout cynical reasons, but that would also waste time.

It's dumb. Makes it feel like they didn't consider how much of a time sink they can be when you need them in EoD metas, as making them work between open world maps was clearly a stopgap to cut down on how hassling they are. Heck, why isn't is just a function of your jade bot? Feels pretty simple, just make us have to stand next to a jade battery to activate. Bam, one loading screen, problem's solved.

Edited by Fan Didly Tastic.7169
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Fan Didly Tastic.7169 said:

Shouldn't need to spend money (depending on the strength of your currency, it could easily be 4x as expensive) on an extra device as a stopgap for an issue the developers could, and should fix, if they are going to leave them in as they are.

There is absolutely no reason for these to not exist in Arborstone, or other convenient locations, if they're just gonna have them literally in the next map over with not enough batteries around to get a full 2hr charge, causing us to have to do a minimum of 3-5 loading screens. I just don't like that in refreshing it, seconds of my have life drain away just because the closest ones have awkward placement, for no real reason as time wasting isn't a form balance. I could spout cynical reasons, but that would also waste time.

It's dumb. Makes it feel like they didn't consider how much of a time sink they can be when you need them in EoD metas, as making them work between open world maps was clearly a stopgap to cut down on how hassling they are. Heck, why isn't is just a function of your jade bot? Feels pretty simple, just make us have to stand next to a jade battery to activate. Bam, one loading screen, problem's solved.

I definitely wouldn't say a SSD is a solution to Jade Bot stations. But it is helpful for loading screens and startup and launching software.

I remember back before launch when the devs were talking about a mana/energy potion mechanic while also casting vision for "Not having to prepare to play". The community rightly called them on it, and they scrapped potions. Of course, we have utility buffs, food, waystations, and jade buffs to stock up on at this point, as well as a ridiculous variety of boosters if you want to optimize returns.

So, yeah, I'm not defending the stations. They weren't a good idea in the first place. But, until they get scrapped, it's good to find the best way to deal with them, or decide to ignore them.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I definitely wouldn't say a SSD is a solution to Jade Bot stations. But it is helpful for loading screens and startup and launching software.

I remember back before launch when the devs were talking about a mana/energy potion mechanic while also casting vision for "Not having to prepare to play". The community rightly called them on it, and they scrapped potions. Of course, we have utility buffs, food, waystations, and jade buffs to stock up on at this point, as well as a ridiculous variety of boosters if you want to optimize returns.

So, yeah, I'm not defending the stations. They weren't a good idea in the first place. But, until they get scrapped, it's good to find the best way to deal with them, or decide to ignore them.

Haha, you misunderstand, I actually like them for the sole reason that they make dead metas doable with smaller parties/squads. AKA previously inaccessible content, accessible. I do feel that they need work, such as more tuning for core maps as they make one a death machine for anything not expac related. But nah, I was saying that an SSD isn't a solution to inconveniences such as multiple loading screen swaps. That said, if they ever entered instanced PvE... that... that would be bad.

And I am aware I am in a minority here 😅. All I really want is to be able to fail metas because I failed mechanics, not because my lfg failed to get the right numbers. And right now, Jade Overcharges do just that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Fan Didly Tastic.7169 said:

Haha, you misunderstand, I actually like them for the sole reason that they make dead metas doable with smaller parties/squads. AKA previously inaccessible content, accessible. I do feel that they need work, such as more tuning for core maps as they make one a death machine for anything not expac related. But nah, I was saying that an SSD isn't a solution to inconveniences such as multiple loading screen swaps. That said, if they ever entered instanced PvE... that... that would be bad.

And I am aware I am in a minority here 😅. All I really want is to be able to fail metas because I failed mechanics, not because my lfg failed to get the right numbers. And right now, Jade Overcharges do just that.

thats what scaling should take care of

• Like 2
  • Sad 1