Anet please do not release the balance patch.

Swing.6439

Warrior has 2 traits (Defy Pain and Last Stand) on the Defense like with a 300 sec. CD. These 2 traits were standards in WvW and PvP (at least by me and many others) and when they were changed, Anet said the 300 CD cooldown was a placeholder until it was better reviewed (basically a "temporary fix").

THIS WAS 2 AND 1/2 YEARS AGO!!! name me another class with more than 1 skill or trait with a 300 sec. CD in competitive play. BTW I'm asking sincerely because I don't know. Now answer if they are widely used in competitive play and on the same trait line. Racial skills don't count because they are inferior to class skills for the most part.

Nonetheless. These 2 traits were standards in competitive modes and were nerfed into oblivion making the Defense line completely useless, and NOTHING has been done or reviewed as far as the player base knows. No communication whatsoever on this and yes, it's a big deal for warrior players.

Another "balance patch" arrives and it's not addressed at all. Anet has no idea what they are doing at this point. It is clear they are more concerned with other things than balancing the game IMO. Again, judging this company by their actions, not words which is more than fair.

Glad I uninstalled the game and will never give Anet another penny.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

The patch is so bad that the eternally maligned PvP/WvW crowd handful of players are banding together to beg them not to release it.

Bear in mind that the majority of PvP games receive balance patches ~weekly, and this year-or-so awaited patch is so bad that no one wants it.

Bravo, ArenaNet. Or rather, the guy whose job description involves the phrase "class balance".

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Mazdan.2071 said:

Warrior has 2 traits (Defy Pain and Last Stand) on the Defense like with a 300 sec. CD. These 2 traits were standards in WvW and PvP (at least by me and many others) and when they were changed, Anet said the 300 CD cooldown was a placeholder until it was better reviewed (basically a "temporary fix").

THIS WAS 2 AND 1/2 YEARS AGO!!! name me another class with more than 1 skill or trait with a 300 sec. CD in competitive play. BTW I'm asking sincerely because I don't know. Now answer if they are widely used in competitive play and on the same trait line. Racial skills don't count because they are inferior to class skills for the most part.

Nonetheless. These 2 traits were standards in competitive modes and were nerfed into oblivion making the Defense line completely useless, and NOTHING has been done or reviewed as far as the player base knows. No communication whatsoever on this and yes, it's a big deal for warrior players.

Another "balance patch" arrives and it's not addressed at all. Anet has no idea what they are doing at this point. It is clear they are more concerned with other things than balancing the game IMO. Again, judging this company by their actions, not words which is more than fair.

Glad I uninstalled the game and will never give Anet another penny.

Instant Reflexes and Hard to Catch in Acrobatics on Thief. Not that this not being an isolated case changes anything about it's ridiculousness that this hasn't been addressed yet - quite the opposite. 

I think we are all getting tired of temporary band-aid fixes with better changes on the horizon, things being on the table, stuff being open to feedback - and so on, just for then nothing to ever happen even years down the line, other than shuffling around some modifiers.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I agree, I'm mostly upset about the Warrior changes, or lack there of.

As a class, theres nothing it does better then my Thief, NOTHING, and instead of doing things like not making Gunsaber hit like a pool noodle in PvE, adjusting the lackluster traitlines, or making Spell breaker not a crap meme in PvE, they give Warrior boons on banners. Even though you're ALREADY GONNA HAVE ANY BOONS THAT MATTER ANTWAY IN PVE, in instanced content you'll have the support throwing out buffs, in open world there'll be such a big zerg you'll have all the boons.

I also play thief and its crazy to me how Acrobatics got I think zero changes, and specter still has the stupid reduced initiative too.

And y'know, I was hoping they'd buff Ele as I hear constantly its a huge meme and I'm a huge fan of Elemental type magic in games and media. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, instead we get one of the balance devs saying they don't WANT a class that has 20 buttons on its weapon bar to do more damage. It's like giving someone tons of extra work at a job without a pay raise. then wondering why they get upset.

It's crappy, I hope something is done, I just started playing GW2 recently, and while it's better then the MMO I quit, FF14, I'm not a fan of how they balance classes.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I tend to play shouthealer so I don't care really about the banner changes but I get it somewhat I have used them in raids a few times and in strikes several times (tend to play strikes more). I'll miss the improvement of your stats and the group stats. Providing a banner and boons that a firebrand or heal mech can provide? and they like so famous everyone play them? xD I don't know maybe if they die I'll do something and provide boons but never really touched them as much as shouting. Don't think I'll ever touch them now after this patch releases. Unless the people providing boons suck at providing them which rarely happens IMO. At least, I haven't really run into that many players most of them seem good/decent at providing boons.

Just glad my shouthealer didn't get nerfed into oblivion. If it does I have backup builds mantra healer Mesmer and other ones healing Reaper, etc I tend to play less meta stuff. Just what I like to do.

So the patch for warrior didn't affect me as much hopefully banners change again next balance patch into something else or maybe give us an alac banner that would be really cool, if we keep the boon banner stuff. I am sad a bit but also excited for the future of Guild Wars 2. Steam release sometime in the future. So many new players! I'm so excited I love helping new players in this game clearing AC dungeon, and clearing KO to help them get their turtle. Maybe one-day ele will get longbow in one of the next expansions?
Edited by VaderFan.8537
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kinda weird to push content that is inferior to what other games have to offer (raids or whatever madeup name you come up with for the same thing), at the same time leaving your unique and better content to rot (or even more, making it worse with your misguided changes).

Makes me wonder when open world will start getting the same treatment (lets ignore DE like most of the playerbase does), where you are only allowed to play the optimal builds and 90% of the traits and weapons (basically all the fun in making your own build and playing something unique) rot in disrepair. Cause the devs can only afford to maintain a few streamer builds; but have to make the game "difficult" cause the streamers have nothing to do.

In fact its why I stopped playing PoE, weirdly after thousands of hours in it. Exactly the same, devs evolving the game for streamers, getting it from 100s of builds you could try to like, 10?

But hey, its your game to wreck.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

The patch is so bad that the eternally maligned PvP/WvW crowd handful of players are banding together to beg them not to release it.

Bear in mind that the majority of PvP games receive balance patches ~weekly, and this year-or-so awaited patch is so bad that no one wants it.

Bravo, ArenaNet. Or rather, the guy whose job description involves the phrase "class balance".

If its any consolation the PvErs don't want it either..

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SamuelW.2685 said:

I agree, I'm mostly upset about the Warrior changes, or lack there of.

As a class, theres nothing it does better then my Thief, NOTHING, and instead of doing things like not making Gunsaber hit like a pool noodle in PvE, adjusting the lackluster traitlines, or making Spell breaker not a crap meme in PvE, they give Warrior boons on banners. Even though you're ALREADY GONNA HAVE ANY BOONS THAT MATTER ANTWAY IN PVE, in instanced content you'll have the support throwing out buffs, in open world there'll be such a big zerg you'll have all the boons.

I also play thief and its crazy to me how Acrobatics got I think zero changes, and specter still has the stupid reduced initiative too.

And y'know, I was hoping they'd buff Ele as I hear constantly its a huge meme and I'm a huge fan of Elemental type magic in games and media. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, instead we get one of the balance devs saying they don't WANT a class that has 20 buttons on its weapon bar to do more damage. It's like giving someone tons of extra work at a job without a pay raise. then wondering why they get upset.

It's crappy, I hope something is done, I just started playing GW2 recently, and while it's better then the MMO I quit, FF14, I'm not a fan of how they balance classes.

You don't balance a class by taking the difficulty of the class into account. 

Imagine buffing elem so they overperform because people are too bad to play it. That's a dumb design. If you do that, good players will just overperform with a class. 

To the people saying "you balance the game for 1% of the playerbase". Well yes you do, you don't balance a game by taking into account the casual people, that makes 0 sense. They already implemented a raid boost so people can have an easier time. 

I agree that the patch isn't great on many aspects but you guys have the wrong philosophy and ranting about things that makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Swing.6439 said:

Just hold it off and actually read and listen to your playerbase, then make the appropriate changes. I don't want to lose what little friends I have left on this game because the things they enjoy will be shoved into obscurity.

Why you think they will read and listen to the playerbase in the first place? I bet they will double/triple down by releasing the patch.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Hilarious. No idea why I thought this studio was different.

Well Reddit mods arent Anet employees, they are pro [company or game the subreddit is about], unpaid janitors.
And its extremely often for power trips. No well ajusted person wants to mod.

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

Now, I'm not saying these changes make sense or are good, but to compare this MMO to PvP games is weird.

Most of the content that comes out is PvE content. So that should tell you something. I mean, how many maps have been added to PvP and WvW since the game came out? Then compare that to the PvE zones and instanced content. Clearly this isn't a PvP game. You may play it for the PvP but as it stands it's not a great focus for Anet. So weekly PvP updates would not make sense. Even GW1 was more of a PvP game than GW2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Now, I'm not saying these changes make sense or are good, but to compare this MMO to PvP games is weird.

Most of the content that comes out is PvE content. So that should tell you something. I mean, how many maps have been added to PvP and WvW since the game came out? Then compare that to the PvE zones and instanced content. Clearly this isn't a PvP game. You may play it for the PvP but as it stands it's not a great focus for Anet. So weekly PvP updates would not make sense. Even GW1 was more of a PvP game than GW2.

The very name "guild wars" implies PvP focus. The make-believe fairy dust design blogs promised PvP was a core aspect of the game . Their blogpost last year claimed WvW was the "cornerstone" of the game. And really, WvW is one of -- of not the -- most unique aspects of the game, with a dedicated and loyal playerbase.

But it's all left to rot, while constantly being denied by the company. 

It's not that GW2 is a PvE game, it's that GW2 is a mismanaged game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

The very name "guild wars" implies PvP focus. The make-believe fairy dust design blogs promised PvP was a core aspect of the game . Their blogpost last year claimed WvW was the "cornerstone" of the game. And really, WvW is one of -- of not the -- most unique aspects of the game, with a dedicated and loyal playerbase.

But it's all left to rot, while constantly being denied by the company. 

It's not that GW2 is a PvE game, it's that GW2 is a mismanaged game.

Well I agree that the name is misleading. GW1 did have many PvP modes and also GvG as a mode. You could even go into spectator mode to see the GvG battles. I play WvW regularly as well but also there you'll find that the loyal player base feels largely ignored.

But looking at the reality, this is clearly a PvE oriented game. Just out of curiosity: do you still play GW2? If so, why would you play a "mismanaged game"? It's not like it's going to change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Most of the content that comes out is PvE content. So that should tell you something. I mean, how many maps have been added to PvP and WvW since the game came out? Then compare that to the PvE zones and instanced content. Clearly this isn't a PvP game.

Now I'm really confused. I thought wvw was a cornerstone of the game? But they keep making changes for pve only... hmmm hmmm... hmmmm.......

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Just out of curiosity: do you still play GW2? If so, why would you play a "mismanaged game"?

I mean, a mismanaged game can have glaring flaws and still be enjoyable on some level.  I liked Anet in the first place because they dared trying innovation. But its easy to missmanage innovative projects with wrong projections / cost estimations.
The fact that the balance will be out of whack wont diminish my enjoyment of roller bettle / griffin.  

• Haha 2