The Banners of Nerf

LKEY.9567

On 7/16/2022 at 4:47 AM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Keep in mind that data doesn't show how many warriors just outright quit.  Don't assume people are still there, just on alts -too- hard.

I have been in alot of 50man Squads in openworld and since the patch the number of warriors per 50 is rarely more then 2.  One of them being me.

In Dragond End, i have always been the only warrior in the few runs i did since then.

I seriously feel like a Unicorn. 

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The moment they said that they would remove the unique buffs from banners, everybody knew deep inside that banners would be dead. What wasn't expected was the joke that happen when someone want to move a banner.

The same way, the moment people realized that warriors' banners would be out of the picture, they knew deep inside that warrior would lose the last niche that kept it afloat.

Personally I've been saying since march that the change to banners would hurt warriors like hell. This change is like kicking a downed man in the nuts instead of giving him an helping hand.

I'm not a warr main and even i realize that losing stat boosts that warr had on banner would be devastating.

Messing with movement ability just made sure warriors stayed down for the count as buffers i knew since before the change would be harmful too just because the perma buffs from banners are amazing.

Edited by Axl.8924

34 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

In Dragond End, i have always been the only warrior in the few runs i did since then.

End of Dragon: Release date fevrier 2022

End of Warrior: Realease date June 2022

Incoming: The last Warrior staring DanAlcedo.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Maybe quikbrand will get nerfed in the future, and make players play more in team and have more theorycrafting while doing teams builds rather than being carryed by 1 spammer.

Isnt that what a mmo is about? 

Players would just switch to Herald or Scrapper because while they have to take alot of utility skills to provide the same level of Quickness, all of those utility skills are extremely useful.

Warriors won't compete until banners do something good. Even if they were just a clone of spirits (command them to just move to a location, give Quickness and apply some effect on the enemy), they would still be much, much better than now because unlike banners, Ranger Alacrity builds actually work.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

@Mariyuuna.6508 problem with banners is that is a weaker copium pasta of boons and bring nothing unique to the battle.

IDK why is so hard to make utils feel unique :\ but hey they bring this balance issues arround boons themselves since utils types kinda lost their uniqness like they had in gw1.

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I have been in alot of 50man Squads in openworld and since the patch the number of warriors per 50 is rarely more then 2.  One of them being me.

I seriously feel like a Unicorn. 

Warrior will be fixed when it becomes a aoe spammer, thats the only thing is worth playing due the potato game mechanics aoe stack n spam.

The most warriors ic in wvw are minstells, the only eficient warrior ive found was a rifle signet warrior in a zerg.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Wanna make Banners unique? Give them a 20s CD instead of 60s. Then  remove Vengeful Return and put in it's place the old Powerful Banners , buff the coefficient on the summon as well as summoning one gives the warrior 30 adrenaline (gain 1 positive flow for BSW) and recharges the F1 skill. No I did not say Burst for a reason, I said F1. Focusing on adrenaline gain and burst recharge fits in with Discipline pretty well.

Core could T3 Burst, Banner of X, T3 Burst, Banner of Y, T3 Burst, Banner of Z, T3 Burst.

Zerker could weave them in between decaps to pump more decaps, or use them to fuel Arc Divider/Gunflame spams.

10/10 would play.

32 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Wanna make Banners unique? Give them a 20s CD instead of 60s. Then  remove Vengeful Return and put in it's place the old Powerful Banners , buff the coefficient on the summon as well as summoning one gives the warrior 30 adrenaline (gain 1 positive flow for BSW) and recharges the F1 skill. No I did not say Burst for a reason, I said F1. Focusing on adrenaline gain and burst recharge fits in with Discipline pretty well.

Core could T3 Burst, Banner of X, T3 Burst, Banner of Y, T3 Burst, Banner of Z, T3 Burst.

Zerker could weave them in between decaps to pump more decaps, or use them to fuel Arc Divider/Gunflame spams.

10/10 would play.

I also prefer the old banner skills, issue was the mechanics of use/discard and their CD.

now its more boon to stack... IMO that's Anet interpretation on how to help warrior, which is totaly wrong from that class needs and game needs.. but its Anet business not mine, Gw2 is not know to be a decent game towards class design and pvp modes for some reason.

Banner could even work like Gw1 wards but pulsating direct  effects when droped.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Crazy thing is, I was starting to enjoy where banners were at: The light field, the stat boosts, the 100% uptime when managed properly. I was learning how to use them very effectively. And now this? Oof. At least the Battle Standard still has the res/kill function for WvW. I should shut up before they take that away too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1