Some information about Chronomancer changes coming August 2

Levetty.1279

For that release, we'll be looking at addressing warrior banners and chronomancer’s relatively low damage output through chronomancer-specific traits and increasing the damage on core weapons 

Profession Balance: Next Steps and Preview of June 30 Balance Update  - Professions - Guild Wars 2 Forums

Hopefully they replace Danger Time, actually fix wells and give it the boons needed to compete with Mech/Guard too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Curunen.8729 said:

Core weapon buffs will be interesting, given comparison to ranger changes in this release.

The damage buffs are interesting, sure. But I'd rather see reworks on certain skills, e.g. Chaos Armor. But sure... I'll take it. Just wonder whether they will hit Virtuoso and Mirage with a damage nerf beforehand (s. Soulbeast).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

The damage buffs are interesting, sure. But I'd rather see reworks on certain skills, e.g. Chaos Armor. But sure... I'll take it. Just wonder whether they will hit Virtuoso and Mirage with a damage nerf beforehand (s. Soulbeast).

Hopefully not, if they buff Scepter, MH Sword and GS then they won't have to touch either. Knowing Anet they will probably buff OH Sword and Focus and then nerf a bunch of things about Virtuoso/Mirage before reverting the OF Sword/focus buffs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Hopefully not, if they buff Scepter, MH Sword and GS then they won't have to touch either.

Well... they did refer to Ranger. And all Rangers get in July is increased damage modifiers in PvE.

45 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Can we buff Blurred Frenzy so i can do more then 2.5k on full zerk max crit?

Unsplitting the damage and bringing the Sword trait up to date would be helpful.

Edited by Xaylin.1860
Words.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Profession Balance: Next Steps and Preview of June 30 Balance Update  - Professions - Guild Wars 2 Forums

Hopefully they replace Danger Time, actually fix wells and give it the boons needed to compete with Mech/Guard too.

"Chronomancer specific traits" they're not gonna fix wells

"Increasing core weapon damage" pve only I presume.

I mean if they fix some Chrono traits I'm not gonna complain but I don't have any expectations.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

"Chronomancer specific traits" they're not gonna fix wells

"Increasing core weapon damage" pve only I presume.

I mean if they fix some Chrono traits I'm not gonna complain but I don't have any expectations.

They also said "Once we’ve released today’s hotfix we’ll move onto planning the details of this update". So there is a 1% chance.

2 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

I'm really curious how there are going to do this. But realistically they might just buff Danger Time and Time Catches Up. Which is kinda problematic because you will need someone else to provide the Slow application when picking Time Catches Up.

While I appretiate getting back some Alacrity on Chrono, it triggers me that yet another Mesmer traitline became such a conceptual mess with the recent changes. 🥴

Edited by Xaylin.1860
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

Yeah certainly would hope for more functionality changes, though the nature of the big patch makes me think nothing's significant is going to change for a long time (if ever sadly) so I'll take number changes at least. 🙂

11 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Hopefully not, if they buff Scepter, MH Sword and GS then they won't have to touch either. Knowing Anet they will probably buff OH Sword and Focus and then nerf a bunch of things about Virtuoso/Mirage before reverting the OF Sword/focus buffs.

Tbh iWarden could still do with improvement given how useless it becomes with more enemies around. Maybe the axe projectiles could prioritise current enemy target, maybe allies could get protection while standing in the bubble.

Curtain should destroy projectiles as standard, so both focus skills have parity in this aspect.

(On a separate personal note I hope one day iMage finally gets put on a 25s cool down after god knows how many years it should be.)

But yes there will surely be some element of 1 step forward and 10 steps back nerfing everything around a problem before nerfing the problem itself. At least for mirage given the apparent disdain for axe and infatuation with staff, that series of builds may dodge a nerf. Though who knows, maybe scepter and GS ambush get nuked because the wiki implied they should.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Josiah.2967 said:

I want Phantasms to be good again. To really mean somethingn. They really need buffed. I really would like to see great sword buffs. great sword 5 would be a great swiftness builder.  🙂

Giving swiftness with gs5 in a cone? Tbh fury could work to. Now this is obv not going to happen, but it is an interesting idea.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/4/2022 at 10:42 PM, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Giving swiftness with gs5 in a cone? Tbh fury could work to. Now this is obv not going to happen, but it is an interesting idea.

That's embarrassing. I was thinking Fury or Quickness and typed swiftness.  🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valkan.6514 said:

if only danger time give crit chance and crit dmg when you have alac, just like FB trait that give vita, condi and heal power when they have quickness. Thematic, and more reliable imo.

A yes... because it is completely unproblematic when a Minor trait can give +750(/450) stats via a boon that in certain scenarios can be up 100% of the time. Personally, I'm not a big fan of those traits in general. But Imbued Haste really takes the cake.

Few things I'd like to see in regards to their weapon fixes:

Staff 3 phantasm needs some fixing, it'd be nice if even they just returned the second phantasm so that you get better vulnerability stacking + 2 clones. 

Pistol phantasm used to be amazing when it persisted now it feels lackluster when it fires once and disappears - would like to see something added to its damage.

Dominations two berserkers on greatsword should be baseline, since taking the trait doesn't really make any noticeable DPS changes.

Non-weapon change: Core mesmers condi duration on shatter needs to be upped slightly to be able to allow hybrid builds to work again.

Plenty more to write but not enough time.

• Like 2