og core warrior is better and stronger than today's warrior in pvp and wvw

eXruina.4956

i came to the realization, that og gw2 core warrior, from pre-HoT guild wars 2, is probably better and stronger than today's warrior 10 years and 3 expansions into the future *in pvp and wvw.

this just shows how much warrior has regressed instead of progressed.

while everything else got better and stronger and improved. warrior just got worse and worse over the years.

i'm truly, utterly so disappointed right now.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 12
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Cause golems don't move or fight back.

True, and yet many people love to use the golems to prove a point when they benefit their argumentation. 

And just for today I dont want to think so I will just act just like them.

Edit:  omegalul

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869
  • Confused 5

44 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

True, and yet many people love to use the golems to prove a point when they benefit their argumentation. 

And just for today I dont want to think so I will just act just like them.

Edit:  omegalul

Ik quite a few warriors reference competitive modes by default, in which case golems mean even less than the very little they already do, and golems confirm that warrior is not good  in competitive modes 😂

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• eXruina.4956 changed the title to og core warrior is better and stronger than today's warrior in pvp and wvw
3 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I mean Berserker during HoT was actually pretty good. Its just last couple patches pre PoF they nuked the crap out of Warrior traits to "prep" for Spellbreaker, and they've blundered and tripped over themselves with Berserker, and other specs, ever since.

this is true, i did love berserker in its primal state, and even spellbreaker at its debut, but they always manage to eventually f* em up til they're kitten and always left warrior as a whole worse than it previously was.

to the point now where they actually broke the kitten thing.

it has regressed so badly that warrior today, is worse than warrior pre-HoT.

God kitten it. 🤣

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Meanwhile Bladesworn right now has never been in a better position, currently holding the top spot on Snowcrow's benchmark

Ah, the delusional youth. oh the days to be young and delusional again, oh to have ignorance of the world again. Bladesworn plays so badly and clunky. I played at launch, Warrior was SO fun in pve content at launch. I miss the old hundred blades. GS used to be such a fun weapon, I remember the first time I experienced Frenzy/quickness with it, killing things was so fun. 

Now we stand still, doing nothing, hitting some numbers after sitting their self rooted against something that can't just jump over your attack with how badly coded everything is. 

Bladesworn is terrible and is carried by high numbers. All it would take to remove Bladesworn from play is lower numbers and No one. No one would play this spec. 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Bladesworn is terrible and is carried by high numbers. All it would take to remove Bladesworn from play is lower numbers and No one. No one would play this spec. 

I fail to see how this is something that only affect Bladesworn. 

But since OP is talking about WvW and PvP then this discussion is off topic

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I mean its obvios that core warr was better back then than now since:

All stunbrakes where on 30 secs cd and now on 40+

Berserkers power used to be a 25% damage buff not 21%

Axe Burst skill is nerfed into obilivion as mutch as litterly every other burst skill

Could take even more here but well you get it i think xD

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

I fail to see how this is something that only affect Bladesworn. 

But since OP is talking about WvW and PvP then this discussion is off topic

For the simple reason that Bladesworn is bad mechanically, WvW and PVP just make it obvious, Anet didn't have the balls to let it do damage in there and capped it so the whole seller of BIG DAMAGE didn't fly. Also almost no one is running BS in instanced PVE since it can't sustain its BIG DAMAGE, if it was good people would have ran it on the Harvest temple cm world first, we might see some speed run stacking on some raid bosses like Catalyst because of the quickness, but as far as I know Anet does not like that and nerfs the kitten of specs because of it. 
All it takes to disappear is one small  numbers patch since it does not have any mechanics to fall back to, and I'm not talking out of my kitten, we have seen this happen time and time again with core , berserker and spellbreaker. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/8/2022 at 3:16 PM, eXruina.4956 said:

i came to the realization, that og gw2 core warrior, from pre-HoT guild wars 2, is probably better and stronger than today's warrior 10 years and 3 expansions into the future *in pvp and wvw.

this just shows how much warrior has regressed instead of progressed.

while everything else got better and stronger and improved. warrior just got worse and worse over the years.

i'm truly, utterly so disappointed right now.

Yeah, when played skillfully I think core warrior is the best of all the specs and has the most potential. Between damage being lowered, damage on CC's removed, resistance only affecting non-damaging conditions, cooldowns increased, sustained removed from healing Signet and on burst with defense (level 1 bursts on anything but core).. it leaves core warrior the only thing left (at least for power builds).

Just to elaborate for unbelievers here, bladesworn is a joke to any competent pvper. It's burst gives the opponent way too much time to react. Berserker is completely vulnerable outside of berserker mode - and the cooldown, loss of sustain both directly and indirectly, have crippled it. I stopped using berserker all together when they removed the F1 burst. It may have been struggling a bit before that patch but at least it was more fun to play. The only change I liked was to arc divider. I kind of wish I could rally most of you guys to be in support of reverting berserker back to when it had an F1 burst and easier access to berserker mode so it could at least be playable in WvW again.

Edit: forgot to mention spellbreaker. The only reason is pales in comparison to core is simply that it lacks enough burst. You end up having to use a playstyle of kiting and using terrain, forcing opponents to chase you in order to get kills.

Edited by Strider.7849
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/10/2022 at 7:32 AM, UNOwen.7132 said:

Every class was stronger in core than it is now. Were in a major powerdip, and have been since the disastrous 2020 megapatch.

The core specs are in power dip, we're still in powercreep mode with EoD. The powercreep just got shifted around.