Please consider adding stability and/or aegis to shield 4

Ahi.9673

(I would personally prefer stability)

It would make heal qherald very competitive in PvE vs. heal firebrand and it wouldn't even bring up any balance issues in pvp since as far as I know, shield isn't really used anywhere.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If they added a pulsing Aegis to Shield 5 that would be ideal imo. Or perhaps pulse aegis, then stability, then group healing. The fact that Shield 5 is so limiting (no mobility) and entirely self-focused is unfortunate when it could be a great group defense skill. 

For shield 4 it might be more interesting for it to continue to function as it does now, but also create a lingering healing field on the target area for a few seconds. There are a lot of things they could do to make shield more exciting and useful honestly 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

I'd wrather have swiftness on it instead of stability.

you get permament swiftness from facet of elements already, no reason to add it to shield 4

stability is really the only thing heal FB has over heal herald right now. adding it to shield 4 would make so much sense I fear it's never going to happen but hey there is always hope

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ahi.9673 said:

you get permament swiftness from facet of elements already, no reason to add it to shield 4

stability is really the only thing heal FB has over heal herald right now. adding it to shield 4 would make so much sense I fear it's never going to happen but hey there is always hope

Well, there's also no aegis.  And compared to heal mech, there's no barrier.

If we at least had better stab access (not having to sacrifice so much to run Jalis), it would be a bit more reasonable as a tradeoff for us to not have those other things.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ahi.9673 said:

Aegis is the issue. The only supports that directly compete with FB legitimately are ones that have aegis access. Or barrier. 

shield 5 should pulse aegis in a 360 radius.  This would fix the issue and make Heal Herald fairly competitive with HB

Revenant will never get anything like it. It already has one of the strongest unique buff in the game with Jalis and Stability comes packed with it.

@Vinny.7260Your suggestion of boon extension makes the most sense and honestly should be implemented. It gives the whole entire reason to synergize with Shield 4 rather than simply randomly using it for sustain/extra torment when in using EtD, they should add Resolution to the mix too. From my perspective I know that not many uses core legends only in Herald but I've done it in the past and it's extremely enjoyable in PvP IMO,  the ability to extend boons outside of Herald F2 is a neat concept.

It was suggested many times already and should again be, as a root Shield 5 should also heal and cleanse conditions in an AoE with the possibility of certain boons pulsing. Seeing Aegis would be cool from a team stand point but is eh for the user alone, asking for Protection+Resolution however is more likely and honestly more fun to think about as it is more useful for both the user and teammates around.

Minimize all condition pressure as it's being cleared while smaller unblockable hits (Lots of AoE's do that) don't hurt as much either. A temporary unique buff that increases outgoing healing while in Hibernation would make sense too, having more breathing room to use Ventari while in a safer state.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:05 PM, phokus.8934 said:

If shield 5 pulsed 1s stability every 1s then I'd be fine with it being a rooted ability.

But then it becomes a full invulnerability with low CD. It is not a good skill, this is not the way to go. How about we just remove the root, like all other blocks in the game?

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, otto.5684 said:

But then it becomes a full invulnerability with low CD. It is not a good skill, this is not the way to go. How about we just remove the root, like all other blocks in the game?

Since when is stability with a block full invulnerability?  No doubt shield 5 is hot garbage, though.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, phokus.8934 said:

Since when is stability with a block full invulnerability?  No doubt shield 5 is hot garbage, though.

It isn't, but it makes that the skill becomes basically uninterruptible for anyone except necros (which could use an unblockable boon corrupt to turn the stability into a fear).

Pulsing stability every second while blocking means you need at least 2 unblockable CC skills which you can use in the time frame of 1 second. Which is pretty hard to find in a build.

@Shao.7236, i think Anet dont want to pack much thinks in Herald shield trait, shield trait already makes condi cleanse avaliable, but yeah shield 5 could be a decent support skill as well rather than being selfish.

(even a selfish high retaliation would fit shield 5 )

@Arolandis.8360, Herald(traited shield) or Vindicator  with ventari  trait , both have amazing condi cleanse, and if u use Jalis legend theres another 5 condi clear on its healing skill,  staff 4 also has a cleans for 2 condis that is a nice heal and blast.

Edited by Aeolus.3615