Untamed - Fervent Force nerf suggestion

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

I predict ANet to be looking into nerfing Fervent Force, and for when that time comes, I'd like to make a suggestion as to not completely ruin or change the trait.

Fervent Force nerf suggestions:

1. Add an internal cooldown
    1. The length of that cooldown is up to the dev's discression, but let's go with 10 seconds as an example
  2. Add an 'Ammo' mechanic and two charges to the trait

With these changes, Fervent Force can't be freely spammed anymore. Simulataneously, the Ammo mechanic will forestall player frustration, by giving leeway when timing the internal cooldown. If you were to misjudge the internal cooldown and use a CC skill too early, the CC won't be wasted, as the second charge of Fervent Force is still ready to proc.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Ah yes let's nerf the trait that hold the whole spec together.
The trait itself is not even overpowered just because it's on ranger.

Edit: Clarification on what I mean by that last statement. Ranger doesn't have high value cooldowns unlike other classes and currently it's only used for alacrity and condi dps.
However alacrity is not even a good since we can't keep the spirits alive without help and it takes a lot of space for DPS traits/skills. Also the condi DPS has high APM and doesn't work well on moving targets.

Edited by Beddo.1907
  • Like 8

52 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

However alacrity is not even a good since we can't keep the spirits alive without help and it takes a lot of space for DPS traits/skills. Also the condi DPS has high APM and doesn't work well on moving targets.

in the condition dps variant, yes. Power version (using hammer) don't have this problem, just cc down the cd and re-summon the spirit. (same bug with hammer unleash, if you cc while the spirit is dead, the activating skill cd is not reduced)
(as long as fervent force remain the same)

I knew back in October that whatever Untamed was going to be good at would be good because of Fervent Force.

A trait that is easily procced, has only a 1/4 second cool down, and recharges all your skills by 4 seconds for each activation? There are a lot of builds you can build around that.

It definitely doesn't need to be nerfed right now but it probably will be in their sights in the future if Untamed gets more buffs and becomes meta.

• Haha 1

Ah, the typical comment asking for absurdities in ranger subforum. What a surprise. 

Actually Fervent force needs a buff. Fervent force needs to share the cooldown reductions with friendlies around the Unplayed. 

Amongst other stuff.  

6 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

The trait itself is inherently OP.

This is the kind of comments I can expect from peeps balancing the ranger by the wiki descriptions, apparently  nothing wrong with that as the devs do exactly the same and must be Anet standards as it seems. Thus we always end up with a garbage tier profession, same as the devs are doing now with the Soulbeast and did before to the Druid.   

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

45 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Actually Fervent force needs a buff. Fervent force needs to share the cooldown reductions with friendlies around the Unplayed. 

What? This is an absurd suggestion. Untamed would be considered mandatory for all types of content, which doesn't seem like good balance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Can’t be any worse than the current mandatory classes for all content. 

Except the suggested change to untamed is a unique 'buff' to allies (unless we're talking alacrity). Which means that everyone would have atleast 1 untamed in the group due to its uniqueness that literally no other class can do.

Something like Firebrand that has a lot of utility and damage (or whatever the class/elite spec) is 'mandatory' in the sense that it can do a lot of things that other classes have trouble doing like stability and aegis. This doesn't mean that firebrand is the only elite spec that can give out aegis or stability, nor does it mean that you have to have a firebrand.

Those 2 versions of  'mandatory' are not the same.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

How? 🤔

To put it simply, it allow the untamed to disregard the need to build for boon duration. Which is an balance issue when considering the current objectives concerning boon supports the devs have.

The fact that untamed is "meh" when it come to anything else is why the spec can be considered as "balanced" despite fervent force being "OP".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

Except the suggested change to untamed is a unique 'buff' to allies (unless we're talking alacrity). Which means that everyone would have atleast 1 untamed in the group due to its uniqueness that literally no other class can do.

Something like Firebrand that has a lot of utility and damage (or whatever the class/elite spec) is 'mandatory' in the sense that it can do a lot of things that other classes have trouble doing like stability and aegis. This doesn't mean that firebrand is the only elite spec that can give out aegis or stability, nor does it mean that you have to have a firebrand.

Those 2 versions of  'mandatory' are not the same.

I fail to see how untamed being mandatory is bad if switches up the “mandatory” positions of the current meta.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

I fail to see how untamed being mandatory is bad if switches up the “mandatory” positions of the current meta.

Maybe we have 2 differing opinions but I'd rather a game that is balanced where all classes are welcome to all content in the game.

The untamed change is like if only one class had alacrity, quickness, might, fury, etc. Nobody wants to feel forced to play a specific class (although people do still demand specific classes, which is due to effectiveness and not uniqueness).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

Maybe we have 2 differing opinions but I'd rather a game that is balanced where all classes are welcome to all content in the game.

The untamed change is like if only one class had alacrity, quickness, might, fury, etc. Nobody wants to feel forced to play a specific class (although people do still demand specific classes, which is due to effectiveness and not uniqueness).

Except the game isn’t balanced and not all classes are welcome in all content. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

To put it simply, it allow the untamed to disregard the need to build for boon duration. Which is an balance issue when considering the current objectives concerning boon supports the devs have.

The fact that untamed is "meh" when it come to anything else is why the spec can be considered as "balanced" despite fervent force being "OP".

If they have concerns about boon support, then perhaps they need to cut back on the boon spam some of the other classes have got going on these days. You go near any organised group and you max out boons duration pretty much straight away so FF allowing untamed to disregard boon duration really doesn’t mean much anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

About the FF affecting allies:
Not happening. Professions having high value effects that are original to the profession and can't be replicated by other professions is the same thing they are trying to remove.
Just having alac Untamed with team wide FF would lower the cooldowns by over 50%, which adds A LOT of dps, healing, boons and utility to others making the mandatory in all pve content.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

About the FF affecting allies:
Not happening. Professions having high value effects that are original to the profession and can't be replicated by other professions is the same thing they are trying to remove.
Just having alac Untamed with team wide FF would lower the cooldowns by over 50%, which adds A LOT of dps, healing, boons and utility to others making the mandatory in all pve content.

Thanks for being a voice of reason in this thread.

This is seriously one of the most ridiculously OP suggestions I have ever read in this forum. And that anyone could possibly doubt how broken this would be seems insane to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

This is the kind of comments I can expect from peeps balancing the ranger by the wiki descriptions, apparently  nothing wrong with that as the devs do exactly the same and must be Anet standards as it seems. Thus we always end up with a garbage tier profession, same as the devs are doing now with the Soulbeast and did before to the Druid.   

How is it not OP? On anything else other than warrior or elementalist (and even then with cata's existence maybe not), it'd be OP. It's alacrity, but better, and very easy to make occur.

Don't get me wrong, I know Untamed needs it right now. It's stupidly good for something so stupidly bad. But comparing it to other grandmaster traits, it's not at all that balanced.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, xXxOrcaxXx.9328 said:

I predict ANet to be looking into nerfing Fervent Force, and for when that time comes, I'd like to make a suggestion as to not completely ruin or change the trait.

Fervent Force nerf suggestions:

1. Add an internal cooldown
    1. The length of that cooldown is up to the dev's discression, but let's go with 10 seconds as an example
  2. Add an 'Ammo' mechanic and two charges to the trait

With these changes, Fervent Force can't be freely spammed anymore. Simulataneously, the Ammo mechanic will forestall player frustration, by giving leeway when timing the internal cooldown. If you were to misjudge the internal cooldown and use a CC skill too early, the CC won't be wasted, as the second charge of Fervent Force is still ready to proc.

Appreciate where you are coming from, since let us be honest here, they are not going to "fix" ranger.  But lets not tell them what to nerf, even if our intentions are to mitigate being uber nerfed.  

• Like 3