Lighting is behaving oddly since last patch [Merged]

Strange that you mentioned the trading post. In addition to the lighting bug, I've noticed a black line on items I try to sell on the TP and it seems there is a slight lagginess when the items are highlighted showing their details. I'm beginning to think the lighting bug originates when the game client is first loaded. When the bug is NOT occurring during a loaded session it seems to me some of the models are darker than usual.

• Like 2

When I logged in-game shortly after the last patch (July 21, 2022 - Build: 131,907) the lighting was behaving normally. Played for about an hour before quitting and shutting down my system.

Logged in-game about 4 hours ago, entered Hunter's Hearth and once again the lighting was behaving weirdly with this constant flickering off and on. Been seeing this flickering light issue in all sorts of places since the July 19 (Build: 131,259) patch, so it doesn't seem to be restricted to certain or specific locations.

I realize this is a bit unrealistic, but has anyone seen any sort of response from anybody at A-net to say that they are at least aware  of this issue and maybe even investigating? 😲

Noticed this in the House of Malomedies in the Grove. Walk in, and all the lights shut off. Turn the camera slightly, or move the character, and the lights come back on. I get that Nightblooms like the dark and all, but this is just silly. 😜

Edit: I do not have DX11 turned on, by the way.

Edited by Batel.9206
Clarification

Chiming in here - returned after 5 year hiatus a couple days ago and had multiple instances of this while levelling a new character. Moving the camera at certain angles especially around single light sources (torches crystal sparks etc) the light turns on and off depending on camera angle.

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to Lighting is behaving oddly since last patch [Merged]
7 hours ago, JHONG.8137 said:

need delete gw2 Temp

Doesn't seem to work for me. Deleting Window 10's DirectX shader cache doesn't help either.

From what I noticed so far it seems to be caused by a glitch related to pre-culling when  dynamic lights are enabled/disabled while moving the camera in tight spaces. It also happens occasionally to water reflections when moving the camera quickly while swimming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I too have been seeing this, but with an extra caveat. When running in Drizzlewood Coast, I've begun seeing random overlays on the screen, like a lighting texture has a bad link or something. Suddenly my entire screen is filled with a texture pack for an... airship? I think? Maybe? Link is a screenshot. This would change if I look away, and then back when I look at a champ. It was really weird. It procced with this champ and the Iron, Flame, and Ash Tribunes past Wolf's Crossing before I just gave up and stopped playing.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:20 AM, Ariurotl.3718 said:

Rotating the camera in some areas (notably for me, in some parts of the Norn home instance) causes the place to go darker/shadier intermittently, depending on camera position. It's as if this "camera" is blocking the light. A very weird bug, never happened until the latest patch.

I can confirm this observation. I decided to give DX11 another try once the patch went live, and this bug caught my attention more than once, e.g. at Tangled Depths.

2 hours ago, Dib.4612 said:

Have the same issue. DX9.

Glad to hear this one is not DX11 related for a change.

Edited by Ashantara.8731