Imperial Everbloom Vendor shouldn't be locked behind completion of all 4 CMs

Strike rewards are pretty bad, so why is the 1 decent item locked behind CMs, let alone the most difficult encounter in the game?  What about those of us who work for a living and don't have time to dedicate to joining a guild and doing progression runs for weeks on end?

And I know folks will have the knee jerk reaction of "hurr derr you have to earn it, challenging content" - but let's be real, people are just going to buy the clears eventually.  So just cut out the middle man (i.e. me paying someone else to do the work for me) and give me access to the vendor.

And yeah, I know full well people aren't going to be happy about this... but some of us have lives/responsibilities.  Are we not allowed to have nice things?

Besides, the fewer people that have to buy clears, the more meaningful the CM title will actually be.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 24
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea it should just unlock after you got the first one to drop to be honest.

Since you can get it from any of the 4 cms that is the most fair.

No, speaking as someone who cleared Gorseval well in excess of 100 times without a ghostly infusion drop - that wouldn't be a good solution either.  Currently it unlocks after completing all 4 CMS, regardless of whether you got the drop or not.  They should just unlock the vendor for everyone.

There's literally nothing you can buy from the vendor from clearing vanilla strikes that are worth anything to anyone whose played the game for an extended period of time.  Strikes would probably see more participation if there were unique items to get.  Even IBS strikes had stuff like that.  The imperial everbloom was a step in the right direction, but locking it behind the CMs (especially THAT CM) is dumb.  One step forward, two steps back.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Will.9785 said:

"hurr derr you have to earn it, challenging content"

this^^
also, if it doesn't matter to you and the clears will be sold anyway, why don't you buy the clears. As you clearly state, there already is a way for you and others who'd rather spend currency to get the item, so there is no need to change this rewards aquisition.

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

this^^
also, if it doesn't matter to you and the clears will be sold anyway, why don't you buy the clears. As you clearly state, there already is a way for you and others who'drather spend some sort of currency to get the item, so there is no need to change this reward's aquisition.

Because I'd rather not have to, to be honest.  It's gatekeeping that doesn't serve any real purpose at the end of the day.  And I'd like a reason to do regular strikes every now and then but the vanilla rewards are terrible.  It's probably why LFG is dead.  I see people doing IBS strikes way more often every time I check.  It's like 5 IBS groups for every 1 EOD group if there are any groups at all.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 7
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Will.9785 said:

don't have time to dedicate to joining a guild and doing progression runs for weeks on end?

It’s not going anywhere as it’s permanent content. Why should they make it easier to get because you don’t want to put in the time?  If it takes ten hours to learn it then it really makes no difference whether than ten hours be in a single block of time or spread out across many months. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

Besides, the fewer people that have to buy clears, the more meaningful the CM title will actually be.

If that's the goal, then it would be better to start speaking up against selling runs in general 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

It’s not going anywhere as it’s permanent content. Why should they make it easier to get because you don’t want to put in the time?  If it takes ten hours to learn it then it really makes no difference whether than ten hours be in a single block of time or spread out across many months. 

It's not that I don't want to.  It's that I literally can't.  My schedule doesn't allow for it and that won't be changing any time soon (i.e. years).

It'd be another thing altogether if it was challenging solo content that I could work on at my own pace but you need 9 other people for this, who are also able to show up and grind it out... and again that's if YOU have time to do it, and can commit to a schedule week in and week out, which I can't.  It's literally like another job.   I say that as someone who joined a static for Dhuum CM after it came out.  It took months and that was when I had time.  It's too much of a long term commitment and what guild out there is going to take me if they've already cleared it?  It doesn't matter how good of a player you are, they won't.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If that's the goal, then it would be better to start speaking up against selling runs in general 🤷‍♂️ 

Run selling will always be a thing as long as ANet keeps giving people reasons to buy them.  Believe me, I'd rather not have to, but when push comes to shove and you want something in this game you gotta do what you gotta do.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

28 minutes ago, Will.9785 said:

Run selling will always be a thing as long as ANet keeps giving people reasons to buy them.  Believe me, I'd rather not have to, but when push comes to shove and you want something in this game you gotta do what you gotta do.

No, it will be a thing as long as it is allowed, since there will be always someone who'd rather pay than do and holding a group in lfg is not a problem. "make it more meaningful by making it easier" is kind of a backwards approach.

Does "gotta do what you gotta do" include understanding and improvement at the game btw, or just the easiest path of whipping out the card? 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

So, here's the thing...

The MMO genre is full of content whose longevity is ensured by the attachment of rewards to successful completion.  The end result of this genre staple is that MMO players expect rewards -- and will rarely repeat content that is unrewarding.  You might say that the rewards are an inseparable part of content in such games.

There had to be a reward for strikes, and a separate reward for the CM's.  This should be considered a given.  Any attempt to deny this would be flying in the face of overwhelming evidence.

So, if the reward that the OP is up in arms about were not to be the exclusive reward for CM's. what would be?  It would have to be something desirable.  A reward that lacks appeal is as bad as no reward.  More importantly, how would ANet (or any game developer) be able to select a reward that would appeal to those who would do CM's, and not appeal to those who won't?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

I say that as someone who joined a static for Dhuum CM after it came out.  It took months and that was when I had time.  

So, imagine someone had come in back then and said:"I think it's unfair that the players who finished Dhuum CM get a unique reward. I want that reward too because I don't have the time."

You would have been in total agreement with this after spending months on clearing the content? I wonder.

Why not be happy that there are aspirational goals which one might never reach? 

As far access to the infusion, the CM version is account bound and not even sell able. The random drop is (making the CM reward inferior). So you can always buy it off the TP, and that is something you can work towards solo.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

And I know folks will have the knee jerk reaction of "hurr derr you have to earn it, challenging content" - but let's be real, people are just going to buy the clears eventually.  So just cut out the middle man (i.e. me paying someone else to do the work for me) and give me access to the vendor.

The good thing is that HT CM is not really sellable atm.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

Strike rewards are pretty bad, so why is the 1 decent item locked behind CMs, let alone the most difficult encounter in the game?  What about those of us who work for a living and don't have time to dedicate to joining a guild and doing progression runs for weeks on end?

And yeah, I know full well people aren't going to be happy about this... but some of us have lives/responsibilities.  Are we not allowed to have nice things?

There should be rewards locked behind challenge modes. no need to change anything. You want the reward? Do what is required. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

Because I'd rather not have to, to be honest.  It's gatekeeping that doesn't serve any real purpose at the end of the day.  And I'd like a reason to do regular strikes every now and then but the vanilla rewards are terrible.  It's probably why LFG is dead.  I see people doing IBS strikes way more often every time I check.  It's like 5 IBS groups for every 1 EOD group if there are any groups at all.

Ah, so you want the thing without doing the thing necessary to get the thing. Got ya, another "hurr durr just give me the rewards without effort"-request. Just as I expected. xD

• Like 15
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

As far access to the infusion, the CM version is account bound and not even sell able. The random drop is (making the CM reward inferior). So you can always buy it off the TP, and that is something you can work towards solo.

Depends on what will cost less between buying a run or buying the infusion straight from the TP. I don't know the price of either of the 2.

Edited by Susy.7529
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

So, imagine someone had come in back then and said:"I think it's unfair that the players who finished Dhuum CM get a unique reward. I want that reward too because I don't have the time."

You would have been in total agreement with this after spending months on clearing the content? I wonder.

Why not be happy that there are aspirational goals which one might never reach? 

Dhuum CM doesn't have any unique cosmetic rewards locked behind it.

I don't care that the vendor sells you account bound versions.  I'm not in it to sell them, and it would give me a reason to do vanilla strikes every now and then.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

As someone who will probably never clear HT CM... No.

Leave the reward where it is, for people who earn it (or for the weirdos who buy runs). GW2 lacks aspirational content as it is. The Everbloom Sprout is sellable on the tp, just buy it there.

For 10,000 gold, no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

Ah, so you want the thing without doing the thing necessary to get the thing. Got ya, another "hurr durr just give me the rewards without effort"-request. Just as I expected. xD

You still have to grind out the 1280 green shards to buy each one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

20 minutes ago, Will.9785 said:

Dhuum CM doesn't have any unique cosmetic rewards locked behind it.

True, but it does have a title no?

I don't care that the vendor sells you account bound versions.  I'm not in it to sell them, and it would give me a reason to do vanilla strikes every now and then.

You already replied that you are not willing to spend 10,000 gold. Then you aren't getting the infusion.

You either do the content, get lucky while doing part of the content or pay to get the reward of that content. 

Think of it as any other ultra rare infusion which you can drop. The players who completed all 4 CMs simply get the ability to purchase an account bound version of it.

What you are asking for is already implemented. You simply aren't willing to pay the price.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

The "gatekeeping" serves the purpose of prestige, same as the title. As for EOD Strikes not being done, on EU there is plenty of EOD Strikes being done with IBS Strike, or EoD daily just on its' own. On NA its probably less, cause there is fewer players, but that doesn't hold you back from making your own group. I also don't see an issue with a hardcore player being rewarded with a rare Title and a "shortcut" to an expensive item. If a person does open world metas for the same time, that someone grinds HT CM(~30hrs+ in my case),  they are rewarded with a Legendary Weapon. If the same person would grind HT CM and kill it, they are rewarded with an infusion. If you don't get anything for investing time then what is the point of doing it in the first place. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

You can buy the container of the infusion on the trading post or continue to play the game without it. Also, if you join an existing group on the LFG and one-shot the encounter in ~10min then Strike Missions rewards are pretty decent.

17 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

Why wait for groups sellings clears when you can buy the thing you want directly on the TP now?

18 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

You don't get to have this one infusion (unless you buy it from the TP) and that means that you are not allowed to have nice things? Period? Hyperboles are usually an ineffective way of convincing people.

18 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

Very altruistic of you to take the meaningfulness of the CM title into consideration.

• Like 2