PREVENTING DUO QUEUE AT 1600 RATING RANKED PVP

kenny leone.2973

This new system is a bit ridiculous, I'm sure there were reasons why this was implemented, one I've heard is 'win trading'. preventing people queuing together because of this is like punishing a country for the sins of a few criminals, it's just wrong and lazy. The things at fault here is your ability to detect people cheating and not punishing people who cheat. This is just a lazy solution to the problem and ruins the enjoyment of thousands innocents. You do know some people only play pvp and make friends in the game there. They spend time together climbing through the ranks and experiencing challenging matches together. by doing this, you are killing a community, killing the mmo which is already on a steady decline, defeats the purpose of the word 'mmo'. WE ARE MEANT TO HAVE FUN TOGETHER. You just killed the social aspect of the game further. And another point would be, ' Oh two legendary players queuing together is unfair''. That's not my problem or anyone else's problem, that's the match making algorithm's problem, MATCH THOSE PLAYERS WITH SIMILAR RATINGS. I hope after reading this, you know this is a very bad idea. This is not a threat, but I bet you less and less people will play pvp as they achieve close to 1600 rating. Things are 10* more fun with a friend than alone. Find better ways to sort out this problem, I'm sure people would have better ideas on how to fix this problem. Thanks.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No its the population's fault

People are complaining that a team of legends fighting against a team of platinum players is unfair, which is true. But we can't make legendaries vs legendaries because there are only a handful of legends in the first place. The PvP population is dead because Anet killed it off. They have only succeeded in bringing in PvErs and toxic players because they give us rewards for losing and don't punish people who grief others.

I would love to fight against people equal to my skill level, with balanced combat that feels fair and rewarding. However, Anet has no idea how to do that because they absolutely refuse to listen to the players that are PLAYING THEIR GAME.

if there's no legendries to match with, that's no excuse to place them against lower platinum's. it just means the higher you go the longer the queue's get because the people around that level are few, It's ridiculous, how can you place a team of legendries against plat 1 or gold 3 and call that a win? That's like being at university and taking nursery exams, its just stupid. It's the match making system's problem and that should be fixed

@Jeknar.6184 said:"Let's make a team based competitive game mode where people cannot play as a team" - Arena Net

To be fair, in relation to this thread which is about duo queues, then that is also not queue as a team in a game mode where 5 man = team, also you play as a team regardless whether it is a 5 man pre-made or 5 solo players.

@"kenny leone.2973" said:defeats the purpose of the word 'mmo'.

MMO is 'massively multiplayer', the only content in this game that is 'massively multiplayer' are the zone events in PvE and WvW, instanced 5 man team PvP is just "multiplayer" that is not part of a 'persistent world', some people would say it shouldn't even be in an MMORPG and that there are zillions of small team multiplayer games that people can play.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:"Let's make a team based competitive game mode where people cannot play as a team" - Arena Net

To be fair, in relation to this thread which is about duo queues, then that is also not queue as a team in a game mode where 5 man = team, also you play as a team regardless whether it is a 5 man pre-made or 5 solo players.

Hey, having at least one person I can play with already make me be able to trust 40% of my team... Now if I'm above 1600 I can only trust in 20% of my team.

''Bu.- but u have At's

Go fight some top tier team with pugs and get stomped 0 -649 on legacy of foefire. ''I mean u trained in unranked right?'' and clearly fighting other solos and other random teams of pugs once in a while will clearly prepare u for figthing in AT's

At's need a lower division that bans certain teams from particapting so that a community can grow. U can't have a massive difference in unranked and and AT's and expect competion to grow. and it's not like there any other game modes or challenges between duo que and 5 man que for community growing.

It's really sad that a company is being held hostage by a few mama's basement trolls. The cheaterboard losers are back at it again and they wont stop untill anet grows a pair and actually really bans them and not a wrist slap. When you have less then 40 people or so ruining a game in the form of cheating for thousands of others, wouldn't you get rid of the problem? Apparently not you just try to babysit the few who make it unfair and nothing changes. Loser mama's basement trolls like nubu or whatever the little troll's name is wont stop because they have no lives outside a digital world.

It is quite pathetic to have the game be ruined time n time again. Seasons 5-9 now have been a joke on the community. Currently the cheaterboard has a person at 17-1.... lol yeah thats legit hahahaha. Welp in reality pvp doesn't matter to anet at all anymore. Gem store purchases aren't made in pvp so why even bother keeping it going? I'm just glad that during the seasons unranked is more fun because all the trash moves into "ranked".

cheers from unranked! ;)

Best choice Anet made in years about this! The top 250 manipulated with duo the hole game, always playing against ranked 1500! I was in top 150 with 300 games 1 season when the hole 250 community duo up and mess everything up, I ended back to 1500 rating.... I so hope that all of you will get back to 1500 rating, just to see how is a big difference with solo and duo playing, that you are not skilled, just your MMR brings you wins!No matter what will do from now on, Anet, the balance is 0 in PvP, the new mesmer meta deals massive dmg, 1vs1 is unplayable, they win almost every close or far fight, it almost makes 50k condi dmg.. and people wil lrage quit just like I did, 3 days passed didn't play a match at all, never will...good for you Anette!

@kenny leone.2973 said:Regardless of what you say about the definition of the word MMO, doesn't discredit the fact that pvp is also a community, one of the three main pillars of the game, some people still play this game just because of that and socialize there, and this new system will contribute in destroying it.

Sorry to correct you. But I'm pretty sure ANet don't view PvP or WvW as pillars for this game. Meaning there is really only one main pillar in GW2 now. The other two are less than side attractions, that are their just to offer different ways to get PvE rewards is all.

What's even worse is that the new restrictions don't seem to have stopped anything. The leaderboard still has players with unnaturally high W/L ratios even if you're the best in the game I don't see how any form of decent matchmaking system would allow this to happen, especially since most others in the top 250 have much more believable ratios.

@Saiyan.1704 said:What happened to all those players wanting a Solo only queue system? Because that's basically what we got it.I understand the players that want solo queue only but that doesn't discredit the point's I've made; it's encouraging non-interaction between players, which is unhealthy for the game long term. We might as well all be playing a single player RPG in that case. There's are reason why there's a map chat available, So people interact, it's called ''Guild wars2'' not Solo Wars2. And don't give me the tired answer ''Duo queue is unfair'', if all members are of a similar rating, those party members still need to cooperate with the rest of the other team members to win, that's no different from if they all queued solo.

@kenny leone.2973 said:This new system is a bit ridiculous, I'm sure there were reasons why this was implemented, one I've heard is 'win trading'. preventing people queuing together because of this is like punishing a country for the sins of a few criminals, it's just wrong and lazy. The things at fault here is your ability to detect people cheating and not punishing people who cheat. This is just a lazy solution to the problem and ruins the enjoyment of thousands innocents. You do know some people only play pvp and make friends in the game there. They spend time together climbing through the ranks and experiencing challenging matches together. by doing this, you are killing a community, killing the mmo which is already on a steady decline, defeats the purpose of the word 'mmo'. WE ARE MEANT TO HAVE FUN TOGETHER. You just killed the social aspect of the game further. And another point would be, ' Oh two legendary players queuing together is unfair''. That's not my problem or anyone else's problem, that's the match making algorithm's problem, MATCH THOSE PLAYERS WITH SIMILAR RATINGS. I hope after reading this, you know this is a very bad idea. This is not a threat, but I bet you less and less people will play pvp as they achieve close to 1600 rating. Things are 10* more fun with a friend than alone. Find better ways to sort out this problem, I'm sure people would have better ideas on how to fix this problem. Thanks.

Anet doesn't care bud.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:I really like this change, would be even better if ranked would be no duoQ at all.Please provide a compelling argument why you think it's a good change, Just saying you like it doesn't help this thread, thanks.

matchmaking can do its job better and no VOIP advantage

What does VOIP mean please? thanks

@kenny leone.2973 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:I really like this change, would be even better if ranked would be no duoQ at all.Please provide a compelling argument why you think it's a good change, Just saying you like it doesn't help this thread, thanks.

Before the change, you were at a disadvantage if you solo queued. As a competitive player I was fed up seeing other players rank higher than me not because they were better players, but because they duo queued and I didn't. If you wanted ranked to be the competitive mode it was intended to be, the solution was to remove duo queue. Now the leaderboard and ratings more accurately represent individual skill level. It's not perfect by any means but this was a step forward, in my opinion.

Archived