There’s nothing to do in this game

Unless you’re a sucker fangirl who blindly does what whatever ANet tells you.

For example, LS episodes last an hour each but can last much longer if you do the achieves. Problem is, achieves are unfun chores where effort put in is not worth the reward (achievement points). You could literally make your own list of to-dos on a notebook and get the same sense of satisfaction that you get from achieves. Yet people do the ANet ones because… they’re there, “it’s fun,” etc.

Don’t be a sucker.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

I am not interested in story at all, and I always have fun stuff to do in the game.  I have 3 chapters left of EoD and IF I finish it (unlikely at this point) it would be the first story I finished since I started GW in 2006.  I treat GW2 as an open world sandbox, and go explore & bash critters. I love it.  I have never needed ANet to tell me what to do, I make my own fun. They gave us a huge world to explore. 😎

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Nothing to do in gw2? Are we playing the same game?
Wvw, spvp, raids, fractals, dungeons, strikes, DRMs, multiple (like 20+) maps with meta events/bosses, 3 expac stories, lw1-4, IBS story (a bit of a short one but still), adventures, races, festivals. 

Abovementioned is not tied to achiev system which by itself is a "quest" type content. Many achiev chains provide lore, stories and unique rewards (some of them net you with a free legendary amulet even). 

And anet doesnt actually "make" you play content you are not interested in. You can freely choose the ones you like. 

Edited by soulknight.9620
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

I do some of the achievements, if they interest me or I want a skin or whatever from it. I also agree completely that you can set your own goals to complete if you find that fun. For me it's usually getting onto/into/under places I don't think we're supposed to be, like seeing how far up the Pale Tree I can get with a springer and skyscale.

But I also don't think there's anything wrong with a game which doesn't take up all your free time. I've got more than enough other stuff to do so I'm quite happy with an MMO I can play for an hour or so as and when I feel like it, instead of one I have to commit to making my main hobby if I want to keep up with things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

For example, LS episodes last an hour each but can last much longer if you do the achieves. Problem is, achieves are unfun chores where effort put in is not worth the reward (achievement points). You could literally make your own list of to-dos on a notebook and get the same sense of satisfaction that you get from achieves. Yet people do the ANet ones because… they’re there, “it’s fun,” etc.

Don’t be a sucker.

So.... what's your solution?  What suggestion(s) do you have?

• Like 3

There is a ton of stuff - at least compared to other games. You can also do WvW, PvP ... and the game has jumping puzzles. On the other hand games like WoW with a gear treadmill: Yeah ... there is nothing to do. Unless you like to play the gear treadmill. (I prefer to directly have easy access to gear to I can play the content I want.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

There is a ton of stuff - at least compared to other games. You can also do WvW, PvP ... and the game has jumping puzzles. On the other hand games like WoW with a gear treadmill: Yeah ... there is nothing to do. Unless you like to play the gear treadmill. (I prefer to directly have easy access to gear to I can play the content I want.)

PvP with no eSports is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

1 hour ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Don’t be a sucker.

There it is!

"Seriously, just hand everything to me already!"

"omg there's nothing to do in this game"

🙃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, soulknight.9620 said:

Nothing to do in gw2? Are we playing the same game?
Wvw, spvp, raids, fractals, dungeons, strikes, DRMs, multiple (like 20+) maps with meta events/bosses, 3 expac stories, lw1-4, IBS story (a bit of a short one but still), adventures, races, festivals. 

Abovementioned is not tied to achiev system which by itself is a "quest" type content. Many achiev chains provide lore, stories and unique rewards (some of them net you with a free legendary amulet even). 

And anet doesnt actually "make" you play content you are not interested in. You can freely choose the ones you like. 

Lol DRMs are boring Reused Asset Wars, we get 1 new fractal a year, dungeons are discontinued, raids are discontinued, strikes last 5 min.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

There's lots to do in GW2... until there isn't.

If you're finding it hard to find engaging content in GW2 at the moment, it's probably a good time to take a break and play something else.

I'd recommend something single-player, where the game doesn't have to lure you back on a daily basis in order to expose you to monetisation systems.

I'd make recommendations, but outside of MMOs, I don't know what you like, and a lot of MMO players are mono-gamers, never stepping foot outside of the genre.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

You could literally make your own list of to-dos on a notebook and get the same sense of satisfaction that you get from achieves

I just came back to the game pretty recently and I mean..... I do both?

I have a little Excel spreadsheet with my own personal goals that I want to accomplish.  And then whenever I'm in the mood I go achievement hunting to make my shiny number go up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1