To the ones that complained about the ADQE swap...

They really should have left it alone, as it is customizable mostly.

Plenty of players use these keys to turn.

It is not a good thing to alienate any players with a population as small as GW2, kittening dumb as kitten.

Note, I don't use these keys for said action, but I know players who do.

DOUBLE kittenING DUMB

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The changes were uncalled for sure coz years of muscle memory diminished but I guess I was just surprised how many ppl used AD for turning. They have said so themselves. Keybinding is super precious esp when playing classes than use F keys a lot. To each their own, I guess. In the long run, if the devs want to steer us into the direction of using the mouse for turning, it's not a bad call

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 10:12 AM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

They really should have left it alone, as it is customizable mostly.

Plenty of players use these keys to turn.

It is not a good thing to alienate any players with a population as small as GW2, kittening dumb as kitten.

Note, I don't use these keys for said action, but I know players who do.

DOUBLE kittenING DUMB

I'm kinda with you on this one. It wasnt just the ADQE but the update messed up the entire binding system to where weird things like steam, game menu and screenshot folders would pop up when certain bindings were used. And no, I'm not a KB turner and have always used AD to strafe but camera angle, mouse sensitivity almost gave me vertigo due to disorientation. Such a chore to re-do all the bindings again. 

22 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I used it, but that is mostly from muscle memory playing FPS games where QE were for leaning. I right click and use AD to strafe rather than turn, again as an old FPS habit. 

OH no. Now i lost all respect for you too....

Kidding Love you man.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I used it, but that is mostly from muscle memory playing FPS games where QE were for leaning. I right click and use AD to strafe rather than turn, again as an old FPS habit. 

I’ve had A and D for strafe so long, I forgot it wasn’t default. This thread reminded me, lol. 

Force changing my setting after the 10 years of the way I had them is like a slap in the face. Thanks for the pain and suffering anet.

What I'm actually pissed about is my q and e bindings those were set to f2 and f3 and some how they got reset. I didn't realize that till mid match when they didn't work.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

I hope you and the people that helped you made an impact 

if your interested: The Spectre shroud bug is fixxed, everything else is still broken.

And for some reason... Rev is bugged now... the energymeter sometimes only fills up to 49 when outside of combat.... its minor... but again... spagehtti code...  i have no clue why things like this keep popping up...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Shagie.7612 said:

Fortunately only a visual bug, you can use 50 energy right away.

pog!

i was riddling all day long if its just visual... GLAD IT IS!

i still think its... weird.... how these bugs make their way into the game almost on a daily basis right now...

the only thing they are restructuring right now is cuz of alliance and the beta that is coming up.... If that doesnt show how "spaghetti" the code is... i dont even know.

42 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

The Spectre shroud bug is fixxed

That's good and you guys contributed to get that fixed

42 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

And for some reason... Rev is bugged now... the energymeter sometimes only fills up to 49 when outside of combat....

Probably for balance! One thing got fixed so therefore something's gotta get bugged as replacement 😕

Seems like it's only a visual bug, but still.

Edited by Pimsley.3681

10 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Force changing my setting after the 10 years of the way I had them is like a slap in the face. Thanks for the pain and suffering anet.

What I'm actually pissed about is my q and e bindings those were set to f2 and f3 and some how they got reset. I didn't realize that till mid match when they didn't work.

Yeah for me the changes went beyond ADQE. I have small hands so my bindings are a bit more complex and some of the default bindings overlapped. I had to reset everything and start from scratch. Senseless change. 

• Like 1