SICK of pvp bladesworns already...

JTGuevara.9018

First off, no I will NOT embrace this clunky samurai rip-off, I despise it. I REFUSE to buy this expansion because Anet wants their little bladesworn to shine. Nope. Not happening. I can barely win games because I can't do damage because of that stupid shout build even on FREAKIN' BERZERKER. This is ridiculous.

I'm done.

Edited by JTGuevara.9018
change title
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• JTGuevara.9018 changed the title to SICK of pvp bladesworns already...
Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

meanwhile i am beating Bladesworns /harbingers / willbenders / Virtuoso, yada yada with a HoT spec.... idk what you guys are talking about xD

including HoT, HoT specs are stupid too.

I meant to say why can't i just play my old core specs as well lolz.

Should've clarified that i guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

No one doubts that tempest is bonkers right now, too.

so is Deadeye, Soulbeast, Dragonhunter, Reaper.....   

There is alot of non-EoD specs that are good...its not like you cant compete without EoD.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

I'm not a huge fan of how it plays, but Jet Stream Sam is amazingly cool and it makes me a bit bummed that Bladesworn doesn't quite nail how cool he is.

Kratos(Zerker) VS Jet Stream Sam (Bladesworn) 

Kratos: WHY ARE YOU NOT DYING????!!!? 

Sam: Because screaming makes me immortal. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

meanwhile i am beating Bladesworns /harbingers / willbenders / Virtuoso, yada yada with a HoT spec.... idk what you guys are talking about xD

Its not about victory. Its about fun of challenging. 

A facetank bunker that can melt through your defenses is no fun to play against.

Spec is carried by Tactical Reload and Unyielding dragon. Remove either and its done. 

I have personally gone into detail in the past as to why shoutsworn is awful design and the warr main hate stems from these key issues. People have no ttouble playing it to abuse its tanking and high nigh inescapable dmg. 

Why dont we make Berserk mode an aoe unblockable attack and all primals baseline unblockable? 

Why not give dmg back to full counter? 

Pretty obvious things that cannot pass cause their time of shine is over. 

T2 and t3 bursts from core? LMAO, dont make me laugh with those pathetic rewards. 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Its not about victory. Its about fun of challenging. 

A facetank bunker that can melt through your defenses is no fun to play against.

Spec is carried by Tactical Reload and Unyielding dragon. Remove either and its done. 

I have personally gone into detail in the past as to why shoutsworn is awful design and the warr main hate stems from these key issues. People have no ttouble playing it to abuse its tanking and high nigh inescapable dmg. 

Why dont we make Berserk mode an aoe unblockable attack and all primals baseline unblockable? 

Why not give dmg back to full counter? 

Pretty obvious things that cannot pass cause their time of shine is over. 

T2 and t3 bursts from core? LMAO, dont make me laugh with those pathetic rewards. 

i followed your suggestion and iterations of what are the flaws of BSW and how to fix em. i am on the same page as you.

I just think its mindblowing how people overexagerate and say that there is no way on earth a bsw will ever die. because i personally melt them. Alot of BSW builds struggle with consistent condition pressure.  The whole of gw2 is about finding each specs or builds weakness. Bsw will unevitably die when you apply constant conditionpressure. When running trooper you have quite a impressive cleanse, but you are lacking damage with this build.

unlike harbinger... BSW cant have it all.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i followed your suggestion and iterations of what are the flaws of BSW and how to fix em. i am on the same page as you.

I just think its mindblowing how people overexagerate and say that there is no way on earth a bsw will ever die. because i personally melt them. Alot of BSW builds struggle with consistent condition pressure.  The whole of gw2 is about finding each specs or builds weakness. Bsw will unevitably die when you apply constant conditionpressure.

Oh yeah def. But see, not all people wish to play the builds that can counter some specs. 

Even I, personally, don't enjoy heavy condi builds and simply try to find a moment of weakness on the enemy BsW. Only to be met with 3 skill clicks that result in 5k heals and boons and cleanses and vuln on me etc. 

With stability baked into the spec (unironically it crumbles without it) it's even tougher to deal with. 

Because when you try to CC, you get no value out of trying to wear down the stab and aegis. Not very tactical, considering the plethora of sustain options that already exist. 

Needless to say, Tempest, Catalyst, Specter, few patches ago Harbinger and some other specs can hard counter BsW. 

In any case, counter are no metric for unfun gameplay naturally. And I can see the frustration in people when they cannot defeat BsW. I felt it myself. Tried all I could, all my builds, all specs and that one BsW was just impenetrable. I even cut ties with the guy cause he was too much of an kitten and NON-WARR MAIN who would refuse to fight me on equal builds outside od Shoutsworn. Ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

WoW ... just a month ago people were saying BsW was worthless as an espec for any game mode. There's a pile of crows to eat around here somewhere. 

Exactly,  it was all "junksworn" nonstop

Useless in pve

Barley playable in pvp

And now that people that didn't have a kneejerk reaction to hate the spec immediately are learning to play it correctly instead of crying all day its actually revealed to be objectively stronger in BOTH pve endgame and pvp than any of the other warrior specs. Just like i said from the start.

"Buh the design is bad, its only carried by fundamental parts of its kit, if you deleted its traits and made the spec work completely differently it wouldn't be good anymore"

Cope

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Those who think have the authority to blame people for pointing out obvious flaws and thinking they are somehow preaching the gospel that NO WARRIOR MAIN WANTS YOU TO KNOW!!!!! 

That and apparently raising awareness that one aspect of the elite skill is propping up the spec in competitive equates to hating the spec. But, hey he can keep his head in the sand if they want to. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That and apparently raising awareness that one aspect of the elite skill is propping up the spec in competitive equates to hating the spec. But, hey he can keep his head in the sand if they want to. 

I dont think we rly ever told people not to play BsW either. I think people just get offended or somethin out of thin air. Simply cause we have reached a consensus mostly here about BsW and it's issues people who like the spec probs feel insecure about it idk. 

In any caseOscuro for example is someone who likes BsW and I personally have never said anything about it, if anything I value his opinion as one of the main members in the sub. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I dont think we rly ever told people not to play BsW either. I think people just get offended or somethin out of thin air. Simply cause we have reached a consensus mostly here about BsW and it's issues people who like the spec probs feel insecure about it idk. 

In any caseOscuro for example is someone who likes BsW and I personally have never said anything about it, if anything I value his opinion as one of the main members in the sub. 

I know right? SoulGuardian came in curious about BSW and I freely handed them links to builds that I knew would help them knowing that they previously had trouble with warrior sustain. They had a blast with it and are finally enjoying warrior.

It takes a real selective reading of the warrior subforums to start calling people the pity party when the vast majority of us go out of our way to give pointers, help, and advice to players that come asking for it and continuously advocate for our preferred class in it's entirety. 

We apparently can't go about pointing at the flaws of the spec that will be crippling when Anet begins nerfing the EoD specs once the newness wears off of them. I think it's going over people's heads that we're trying to keep the spec from becoming unviable when the inevitable nerfs begin like happened to the rest of the warrior specs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Is it "one skill propping up the spec"

Or is it, "a fundamental part of the spec that was intentionally designed to have synergy with the core class"

How dare anet create a spec that actually works

By definition, if you can opt out then its not fundamental.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Is it "one skill propping up the spec"

No, cause, Unyielding Dragon aims to band-aid fix all the problems of Core warrior, without touching core warrior and it's other specs, by allowing an Unblindable, Unblockable, nigh evasion denying, scaling stun that deals damage be part of the kit. 

As shown in other threads, for this to be 'balanced' and according to the elite spec rules, Spellbreaker's Full counter should have it's full damage back and Berserk Mode with Primals should ignore blind and be unblockable. But they ain't. Obvious marketing towards selling BsW. Sure we have seen it before. Does not justify anything. Anet simply not undoing their mistakes or learning from them. 

Abuse of self-healing via Shouts, MM and MMR. That's no intelligent synergy. That's anet abusing the single synergy they are aware about warrior because the rest of the kit cannot function with overhealing itself. That's why there is a barrier trait, an increased healing trait, might abuse that got halved from UD, shout abuse via TR which anet particularly aimed against with Lush Forest and proceeded to rebuff via other means etc. 

Or is it, "a fundamental part of the spec that was intentionally designed to have synergy with the core class"

You can do that in a variety of different ways, namely Burst Tiers and associated traits, or by simply improving some (not all), some QoL for Core warr via the spec. This spec, removes adrenaline as we knew it, removes weapon swap, forces a weapon kit, removes F1 bursts and weapon bursts and is basically anti-synergizing. 

How dare anet create a spec that actually works

It doesn't. It does only after 3 shouts buffs and 2 reworks of the spec to increase TR potency and falsely 'nerf' UD with the might gen decrease which is in line with what happened to Magebane Tether. And the high stab uptime ofc which without, the spec would never work, since mechanically it's fundamentally against the principles of modern GW2 combat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1