Good time to create warrior? Only one slot left

Rysdude.3824

Hello guru’s,

With the recent banner changes, my interest peaked with the warrior profession. Mostly Bladesworn and Spellbreaker, not so much beserker. The banner change has made the profession even more interesting. I’m currently a ranger main and falling out of love with it for various bug/spec/disappointment related reasons. So looking for something refreshing. I do mostly open world and wvw roaming for which I was thinking Bladesworn for the former and Spellbreaker for the latter. 

Anyone care to share some insight on those specs in those environment? And any race recommendations that have great animations?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Before the banner update, I would have said no. However, now I will say: yes.

The banner reworks open up new frontiers and is also even a net benefit to existing damage builds. You still have warrior limitations that you should be aware of: (melee, outdated weapons/skills, lack of mobility, etc). Also, I will honestly recommend core warrior/berzerker instead for open-world. Both are more reliable overall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I'll suggest to run through the story with a core warrior first, then try out the especs and see what you like. Playing through as a core warrior first will let you learn the class best before altering any of it's mechanics with the especs.

You can beat everything as a core warrior. It's very flexible.

For Roaming in WvW you can surprisingly do well with a core warrior build. A good Spellbreaker does wonders there.

Over in PvE land you may find out in OW that mobs die too fast for how long DT takes to charge or that you'd have killed them more quickly using normal bursts or Primal Bursts.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'll suggest to run through the story with a core warrior first, then try out the especs and see what you like. Playing through as a core warrior first will let you learn the class best before altering any of it's mechanics with the especs.

You can beat everything as a core warrior. It's very flexible.

For Roaming in WvW you can surprisingly do well with a core warrior build. A good Spellbreaker does wonders there.

Over in PvE land you may find out in OW that mobs die too fast for how long DT takes to charge or that you'd have killed them more quickly using normal bursts or Primal Bursts.

Yes, bladesworn has inconsistent (though high) damage. If I would have to guess on the back-end, it calculates damage by the microsecond or even nanosecond. Looking at it that way, it's very difficult for a player to pin-point with reasonable precision how much damage a Dragon Slash would do.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Yes, bladesworn has inconsistent (though high) damage. If I would have to guess on the back-end, it calculates damage by the microsecond or even nanosecond. Looking at it that way, it's very difficult for a player to pin-point with reasonable precision how much damage a Dragon Slash would do.

No, you have the 10 bullets to gauge the damage by. There is of course the normal weapon variance, but the bullets let you know roughly what you are going to get.

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No, you have the 10 bullets to gauge the damage by. There is of course the normal weapon variance, but the bullets let you know roughly what you are going to get.

Aaah my mistake.

Also, to OP, I forgot to answer the question on animations. Any race is fine. Asura, though has pretty janky and funny-looking warrior animations! Every time I play the Thaumanova fractal as warrior, it just feels so weird lmao!

Yeah, as for animations Norn tends to be janky as well. Charr have a weird 100Blades animation. Slyvari and Human are the most smooth animation wise.

Female humans run with their GS in a tail guard stance, which some people people who never look up sword stances thinks makes them weak, but is one of the many sword stances each of which has their pros and cons. Males run with the roof gurad (just off the shoulder).

• Thanks 1

@Rysdude.3824 In my esperience its just go for Core Warrior first to learn how the class actually do work. After this it is just more a "what you want to do" thing. For example for Open Wolrd it is just more like this:

Berserker: The typical fast mob clear thing. Most of the time you simply play it in not so big mobs to clear them fast and clean.

Spellbraker: Just a more bunker spec. It Shines the most when you play it in areas where are big mobs that always trigger your fullcounter. This is also the way how you deal damage on it

Bladesworn: This spec shines against One big boss events. It hits fairly hard and get enough defence to dodge/block/evade some big damage hits. However it is fairly hard to get it play in big mobs situations.

So all specs are just playable in the OpenWorld but all of them have their way how they shine :D.

In PvP/WvW things this works just a bit different tho ^^ but its just hard to actually say what exactly they are all doing xd and would end ub in been too long xD! but in Short:

Berserker: Depends on the build but it is mostly good in mob fights like wvw where you could actually do decent cleave dmg. But it see also some play as mid fight in pvp (just hard to play also onetrick pony so not the best one here)

Spellbraker: It works like a supportish WvW spec that goes for boon remove  and cc (heal or dmg both are somewhat good^^)

Bladesworn: Well this one is actually pretty kitten good in 1v1s. However It could see also play as a Damage oriented supporter in WvW

So in PvP/WvW all of the specs goes for the same way. Its just teamfight dps with some sort of support or hard dps. However in PvP specialy it is mostly focused on 1v1 role means Pointholding/defending but could also see a bit of play as support Shout spellbraker

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

Hello guru’s,

With the recent banner changes, my interest peaked with the warrior profession. Mostly Bladesworn and Spellbreaker, not so much beserker. The banner change has made the profession even more interesting. I’m currently a ranger main and falling out of love with it for various bug/spec/disappointment related reasons. So looking for something refreshing. I do mostly open world and wvw roaming for which I was thinking Bladesworn for the former and Spellbreaker for the latter. 

Anyone care to share some insight on those specs in those environment? And any race recommendations that have great animations?

IMO, the playstyles of all of the Warrior Elites are far to similar to role.

If you are disappointed w/ Ranger, you will be greatly disappointed with Warrior.

You talk about refreshing... I'd pick something different to be honest... Revenant does well at open world and roaming...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Is it time to make a warrior? Well, let me ask you, is it time for your kitten to be slapped and your umbilical cord cut? Are you prepared to open your eyes, take your first breath, and begin your life? You have long lived in the darkness, blind and dumb to the glory of warrior. So, yes, it is time. Grab your sword with your feeble arms and begin swinging. Spread your feet and get into a deep horse stance with your twig like legs and begin embracing the suffering. For soon, you shall no longer know the pain as pain, but as you ally. When the other, foolish professions gaze upon your monstrous quads and bulging delts, they shall wonder in awe “why is he so blessed by the gods to have such fearsome and intimidating abilities and body?”. Little do they know, no gods have blessed you, no god could have given you that which you have acquired. Rather, what you have built, for yourself, shall take you upwards, along the path of the warrior, so your sword may plunge into the bosom of Tyria, and ever the jugulars of the gods who look upon you with envy. It is time, my friend! Take up your sword, begin down the path towards a glory that transcends the immortals, towards a zenith that reaches far beyond the stars, towards the promised land of blood and slaughter! Let not fate determine your path. Kick fate in the balls, decapitate it’s hunched over figure, and step over the headless corpse with your thicc, monstrous legs and forge ahead, to a place where only warriors tread, the place behind the grasp of destiny and the gaze of fate. 

So yes, it is time. Make the warrior. Awaken what you were meant to be!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

For race:

Asura: I like any asura I come across so I can't speak for u. Great hammer and greatsword animations

Sylvari: war sylvari give me low level vibes but I do have a sylvari engi so....

Norn: fits well. average animations

Human: fits well. Average animations

Char: kinda maybe? Depends on your armor. Avoid Great sword and hammer animations. You will feel slow

Edited by Infinity.2876

39 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Is it time to make a warrior? Well, let me ask you, is it time for your kitten to be slapped and your umbilical cord cut? Are you prepared to open your eyes, take your first breath, and begin your life? You have long lived in the darkness, blind and dumb to the glory of warrior. So, yes, it is time. Grab your sword with your feeble arms and begin swinging. Spread your feet and get into a deep horse stance with your twig like legs and begin embracing the suffering. For soon, you shall no longer know the pain as pain, but as you ally. When the other, foolish professions gaze upon your monstrous quads and bulging delts, they shall wonder in awe “why is he so blessed by the gods to have such fearsome and intimidating abilities and body?”. Little do they know, no gods have blessed you, no god could have given you that which you have acquired. Rather, what you have built, for yourself, shall take you upwards, along the path of the warrior, so your sword may plunge into the bosom of Tyria, and ever the jugulars of the gods who look upon you with envy. It is time, my friend! Take up your sword, begin down the path towards a glory that transcends the immortals, towards a zenith that reaches far beyond the stars, towards the promised land of blood and slaughter! Let not fate determine your path. Kick fate in the balls, decapitate it’s hunched over figure, and step over the headless corpse with your thicc, monstrous legs and forge ahead, to a place where only warriors tread, the place behind the grasp of destiny and the gaze of fate. 

So yes, it is time. Make the warrior. Awaken what you were meant to be!

Then when you finish ascending to a true warrior go out and spread your gospel.

Gospel is the name of your favorite weapon, so yeah. You spread by swinging it.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Omg, this is amazing. Thank you for this.

Manowar is awesome warrior fuel for getting into the warrior vibe.

I often refer people to The Warrior's Prayer by Manowar to also set the mood (that one is more prose than song, but is still bad kitten). But they have lots of great music that just fit the warrior mentality.

16 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Manowar is awesome warrior fuel for getting into the warrior vibe.

I often refer people to The Warrior's Prayer by Manowar to also set the mood (that one is more prose than song, but is still bad kitten). But they have lots of great music that just fit the warrior mentality.

The one I personally think of is either this; 

Or anything by Dragon Force. 

On 8/5/2022 at 7:19 PM, Infinity.2876 said:

For race:

Norn: fits well. average animations

Human: fits well. Average animations

If you are looking for open world PVE, Norn's "Ice Wurm" racial utility is a great tanking pet due to very high toughness.   This is perhaps the best "pet" option that warrior has.

If you are looking for some condition cover and boon props... Human's "Prayer of Lyssa" is a nice perk, giving you a boon and your enemy a condition (cover) every 12 seconds.  

Lastly, Asura has a nice Poison Field if you want more than Longbow for comboing off yourself...

• Confused 1

On 8/5/2022 at 10:22 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Female humans run with their GS in a tail guard stance, which some people people who never look up sword stances thinks makes them weak

No, some people simply don't like the visual aspect of it, and are displeased by arbitrary, forced inability to change it, even for gems.

It may sound silly, but in an MMORPG game, it's important to actually enjoy your character's aesthetics.