AR needs to removed or reworked

Just to pipe in, remember that devs already (more than once) admitted that they think the current AR system is bad, and should have been done account-wide. The issue (as the said) is that they are afraid to make the necessary changes, because of potential backlash from people with many geared-up characters in full ARs. And from those that have hundreds of infusions offered on sale on TP.

Of course, since they mentioned it first (which was around the time they started adding new fractals - the Chaos, Nightmare, Shattered ones) that issue has only been made bigger.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Just to pipe in, remember that devs already (more than once) admitted that they think the current AR system is bad, and should have been done account-wide. The issue (as the said) is that they are afraid to make the necessary changes, because of potential backlash from people with many geared-up characters in full ARs. And from those that have hundreds of infusions offered on sale on TP.

Of course, since they mentioned it first (which was around the time they started adding new fractals - the Chaos, Nightmare, Shattered ones) that issue has only been made bigger.

I would rather take Infinity Ascended Salvage kit then account-wide AR. Im so lazy to buy the Hammers always 😄 

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Basic +9 infusions aren't valueable, you can make enough gold to buy an entire set in one day, so if that's the problem then no one's really going to care that much, especially since they can be resold.

Plus, once they're bound to an account on the new system, they'd be removed from circulation.

As for +stat infusions, the devs could compensate by removing the account bound status and make them sellable too. They would quickly be bought up by players wanting +stat infusions without playing certain types of content, and  those who spent hundreds of gold on them would quickly recoup the costs.

Don't believe me? Remember that for the first few weeks after End of Dragons launched, Antique Summoning Stones were selling for 120g+ per set of five.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

but they already made it possible to have 45 account bound AR

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Yes, obviously they have already made some attempts to go that way even then. But (as with many other cases in GW2), they didn;t go further with that and left it a hodgepodge of more than one system, each working differently than the previous one. And each having their own issues (with all the systems beyond the original one being just plain incomplete).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Also make Fractals work like PvP where gear is standardized and you can play on level 2!

Let's be real, MMOs are games in large part about leveling, progressing and gearing your character. Fractals are a game mode about increasing your own skill and gear at the same time.

When you have reached 150 AR on one character, it already becomes much easier to gear a second one by playing fractals. You can drop ascended gear and infusions from them. You can purchase ascended gear with the fractal currencies. The barrier for gearing alts for fractals is neither particularly hard or unfair.

MMO literally live from things you need to unlock and achieve. Sure, if they are particularly grindy or tedious, that's not fun. But fractals already have plenty of systems to support easier access to more fractal gear. There's no need to strip that from the game.

2 hours ago, GWstinkt.6094 said:

Also make Fractals work like PvP where gear is standardized and you can play on level 2!

But you can play Fractals as a level 2, since upscaling was one of the core design features. Its almost like they originally wanted everyone to be able to play them!

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

You might want to check the price of doing that before using it as an argument. Its like saying "WvW is great if you get to level 1300 and have all your masteries unlocked" to a level 10.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it takes much longer than that.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

You might want to check the price of doing that before using it as an argument. Its like saying "WvW is great if you get to level 1300 and have all your masteries unlocked" to a level 10.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it takes much longer than that.

You have completely missed the point.

• Confused 3

On 8/6/2022 at 4:04 PM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I've been out of the loop for awhile, but last I checked it's still very possible to beat each fractal without a healer or support.  The damage is well telegraphed, so avoiding everything is much easier than it is in raids and strikes.  

This thread got a bit lost in replies.

The answer is a mix, you definitely can do T4 fractals without a healer/support with skilled players but it becomes that much easier with them.

The main reason you bring them no mater what anyone else says is to skip mechanics. 5 DPS or 3 DPS and 2 Supports wont make much difference in the over all damage but having permanent defensive boons and healing will speed up fights.
Saying all this though having a Support/Healer who are not doing their job is a huge crutch so it can be a double edged sword.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

But you can play Fractals as a level 2, since upscaling was one of the core design features. Its almost like they originally wanted everyone to be able to play them!

And you can walk all the way over to HOT when you are level 2. That means hot was meant to be a leveling area right?

Actually I'm pretty sure you cannot even enter the fractal lobby on your own before level 80. You can just follow your group mates in.

• Confused 2

I agree that AR should be reworked (not removed) into an account wide stat like magic find, but I've heard many arguments that says it would ruin the economy.  Hypothetically, if AR was reworked into an account wide stat then what would happen to the special infusions that gives unique looks AND small combat stat bonus? Should we be able to add those to account wardrobe? Should the AR part of it get removed so you would just be slotting in infusions for the stats & looks?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

The main reason you bring them no mater what anyone else says is to skip mechanics. 5 DPS or 3 DPS and 2 Supports wont make much difference in the over all damage but having permanent defensive boons and healing will speed up fights.

Saying all this though having a Support/Healer who are not doing their job is a huge crutch so it can be a double edged sword.

What? No difference? Excuse me, are you high on last halloweens candies? Non-healer runs are so much faster, especially now, that condi rev can cover 100% alac.

13 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Needs be made account wide, irrespective of currently equipped gear

Or just play fractals and unlock AR? It's not that hard. Didn't you say in another thread, that fractals were non-endgame content, that is very easy?

Edited by Bakeneko.5826
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Or just play fractals and unlock AR? It's not that hard. Didn't you say in another thread, that fractals were non-endgame content, that is very easy?

Dude, I have legendary armors and all trinkets, all my characters are brimming with AR.

Why would you assume I must have a selfish motive for this?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, The Boz.2038 said:

Dude, I have legendary armors and all trinkets, all my characters are brimming with AR.

Why would you assume I must have a selfish motive for this?

Because there is no non-selfish motive for this? By the time T4 is reached, daily runs shower players with close to stack of AR infusions. +9 infusion is 256 +1 infu needed. Couple of weeks and you can outfit another alt. There is no good reason to discard current system, as it is not even that grindy. Anyone who runs fractals daily for even moderate amount of time are swimming in sea of +1 infu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, The Boz.2038 said:

Are you for real?

Making it easier for newer players to get into fractals, and get more different characters *and builds* geared up for fractals doesn't exist?

You mean into fractals that can be done from tier 1 with 0 AR, which, if you are not sure why it has tiers beside reward, is set in a way to teach players about encounters, needs to be made easier to get into? Am I missing a part, where fractals are locked behind invisible AR wall? And new players cannot get into T4s from the get go without a friend 🙂 all LFGs that are higher tier than what player has is locked 😄 and if player has friend who can put them into T4s, friend can surely cash out 80 gold for full set of AR for a friend that will be dead weight on the ground.

Whole system is made in such a way, that if player runs fractals at the tier they are unlocked, AR would accumulate at a rate, that would make players craft infu to fully satisfy tier they are in without spending much gold to begin with.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Whole system is made in such a way, that if player runs fractals at the tier they are unlocked, AR would accumulate at a rate, that would make players craft infu to fully satisfy tier they are in without spending much gold to begin with.

...for one build of one character.

It's as if you are being deliberately obtuse here. Amazing. Keep it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

What? No difference? Excuse me, are you high on last halloweens candies? Non-healer runs are so much faster, especially now, that condi rev can cover 100% alac.

My comment wasn't directed at you, also you have given me very little context why Alacrity Renegade would not be bringing a Support? I never said it had to be a healer, you have two supports or two healers.

Edited by Mell.4873

Rework the entire infusion system.

Make ar account wide, similar to luck (or ideally find an even better and more inovative method which doesn't immediately come to mind).

Implement an infusion wardrobe. 

1. Infusions can be added to the wardrobe and then be used similar to legendary items on all characters.

2. Infusions can be not added to the wardrobe and be used as is currently (single character) and sold

3. Make stat+ar infusions sell able from account bound status

The biggest issue here would be the difference between expensive stat+ar infusions versus wvw infusions in regards to bonus stats gained. Potential fix: increase stat bonus on those by 1, so instead of 5 you get 6 bonus stat points.

Yes, it's powercreep (18 stat points total to be exact) but at least with some way forward to untangle this mess. 

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1