About Steam

55 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

I really like having all my games in one place (have nearly 2000). I like using steam, but if i cannot use my existing account in Steam i just will ignore GW2 permanently.

Since your leaving can I have your stuff as in gold, it wont do you any good and you can just liquidate all your assets

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I really like having all my games in one place (have nearly 2000). I like using steam, but if i cannot use my existing account in Steam i just will ignore GW2 permanently.

So, you were perfectly willing to play GW2 before Steam release, but not after?? Seems a bit silly, but whatever floats your Skiff!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

So, you were perfectly willing to play GW2 before Steam release, but not after?? Seems a bit silly, but whatever floats your Skiff!

Tell me you're a Steam employee without telling me you're a Steam employee.  Clearly it's very difficult to log in by not clicking on Steam.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I kind of wish it were like Path of Exile or SWTOR, where you could play with it with an existing account, but that's just because I'd like to keep things contained with proton/steam than have it scattered among a few different WINE prefixes. But i've been playing with proton since the CoherentUI update, so now it's Steam's problem to fix, not mine. 😄

14 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Since your leaving can I have your stuff as in gold, it wont do you any good and you can just liquidate all your assets

I was helping a random new player in Queensdale yesterday, running from heart to heart, answering questions about the interface and stuff. I /playdead and they scoot over, stand there a few seconds, then ask how to loot my body.

So when Steam launches I expect more of that sort of thing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Tell me you're a Steam employee without telling me you're a Steam employee.  Clearly it's very difficult to log in by not clicking on Steam.

Do you think that you have to launch GW2 through Steam just because it's on Steam or something?

You are aware you keep the GW2 launcher, right?

Nothing changes.

Btw, not a Steam employee.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Steam is alright. I bought elder scrolls online on steam and the non-steam version as well just so I can play with or without steam. I wonder if guild wars will allow the same.

I also play warframe on and off steam. The steam version of that game has community made skins for sale, called 'tennogen' that the stand-alone client doesn't have. I am not sure why.

Edited by Redfeather.6401

2 hours ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Do you think that you have to launch GW2 through Steam just because it's on Steam or something?

You are aware you keep the GW2 launcher, right?

Nothing changes.

Btw, not a Steam employee.

Yes, very well aware.  I have used Steam for other games, not lately.  It was in reference to the comment that someone would quit if they couldn't launch through Steam....like why is it an issue since you have been using the regular launcher.  Sarcasm.  

Just now, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

... Crossed lines of communication? I thought you were referring to the user you quoted, not the OP.

This is the original one....I was attempting an evidently fail follow up to comment regarding....

19 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Which is just an odd thing...I mean if Steam is that important to your GW2 happiness, start a new account.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/16/2022 at 10:29 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

I probably had too much lol

Don't have too much coffee though.

It kills your nervous system.

Bad for anxiety. 

Well, so far so good... it seems.

A lot more instance changing though.

Was trying to do a guild mission yesterday, me and my guildies had to change map instance about 3 times.

What have your experience been so far?

3 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Don't have too much coffee though.

It kills your nervous system.

Bad for anxiety. 

Well, so far so good... it seems.

A lot more instance changing though.

Was trying to do a guild mission yesterday, me and my guildies had to change map instance about 3 times.

What have your experience been so far?

Absolutely right about being hard on the nerves and anxiety.  Moderation is called for lol.

Personally haven't noticed any difference in the maps, other than lots of people working on the new Decade achievements and lots at the world bosses because of it.

On 8/13/2022 at 5:38 PM, Crono.4197 said:

Personally I don't like what ArenaNet is doing with both the launch on Steam and modifying the game to try cater to a more mainstream audience. They are ruining what they've done with the game so far and are turning this game into another MMO that is just like the others.

We have enough mainstream MMOs, we don't need another one. But ArenaNet has already thrown the dice and there's no going back. Personally I'm waiting to see what happens with the game going forward. Will they ditch the old community in favor of making this game another elitist/try-hard game in which only dps and raiding matters, to try and get more people play it? Will they take away all the things the casual player base likes? So far that's what it looks like they are doing.

All we can do now is wait for the next Living World Season (or whatever they name it this time) and for the Steam launch and see what happens. I just hope this game doesn't become another "average Joe" of MMOs.

How exactly are they ruining the game?

You'll have to explain that to me because when I look at the changes they make I only see Anet trying to fix the problem of elitism and gatekeeping in certain content by making it more appealing and inclusive to the significantly larger casual playerbase.

As someone who's long argued in those kinds of discussions in favour of this kind of thing I just can't see where the "ruining" element your talking about is..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1