Any one else find the character adventure guide irritating with level 80s? [Merged]

I would absolutely like the option to turn it off.

Not only are the constant dings annoying, it will ruin it for newer/returning players who want to play with veteran(-ish) players.

Right now, my new char is leveling significantly faster than my SO who doesn't have this bonus: In less than an hour we played just completing vanilla maps last night, I advanced like 9 levels while they only made 2 if that.

Honestly, meaningless achievements every .5 second is not the way to butt-kiss your players.

• Like 7

I actually logged out today after maybe 20 minutes because i was annoyed with all the "dinging" going on.  i dont like the new armor, so ive no interest in keeping track of all these "achievements" and the Dings! associated with them. just let me turn it off plz 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, slpr.2647 said:

(...) because i was annoyed with all the "dinging" going on (...)

You can turn of the UI-Sound in the options, that gets rid of the sound effect of the pop-ups. But of course that doesn't remove the pop ups or the achievments cluttering the "recent" category or the much higher XP gain.  It's a tiny band-aid solution for those (like me) who find this sound effect extremely irritating.  It should be noted though that this turns off other UI-sounds like event notification sounds as well.

11 hours ago, Shena Fu.5792 said:

It's not great for new players. What is the need for them to speed through the leveling process? Which is already quite quick for an MMO. One can get 1-80 in just a few hours, without boosters. Is it really necessary for new players to reach 80 in 2-3 hours?

I agree it's too fast right now, but I also know that it's useful for new players to get to grips with their characters fairly quickly.

The sooner they gain access to their Utility skills and full weapon skills etc the more fun they're going to have actually playing and experimenting with their characters.

I have also seen complaints in the past about how people dislike the story being locked at level 10 and wish they could get into it quicker.

So a little boost at the start of the game isn't entirely a bad thing.. but again I admit it's way too much right now.
No achievement should be giving you like 5 levels worth of experience in one go.. that's just silly.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that the experience rate from these achievements is ridiculous right now. 

Anet should either give the option to disable them or at least make them account bound and not character bound, so once you got them out of the way they are not making the game stupidly easier for other characters. 

Please change this 😐

Edited by Arlend.3049
  • Like 5

On 9/15/2022 at 2:36 PM, Arlend.3049 said:

I agree that the experience rate from these achievements is ridiculous right now. 

Anet should either give the option to disable them or at least make them account bound and not character bound, so once you got them out of the way they are not making the game stupidly easier for other characters. 

Please change this 😐

Apparently the amount of achievment popups got reduced (?), which is appreciated, but I am still waiting for an option to opt out of the CAG for people who have done it once. I don't appreciate being forced through it with all my charas, since I have so many. Sigh. Maybe one day... Hope dies last.

• Like 2

The 2nd volume seems to require a crafting profession on the character - to complete. You can only ignore two of the achievements to still be able to complete the volume. Bu three (chosing a crafting professing, gaining some crafting levels ... and crafting an item) require you to have a crafting profession chosen.

For the chars where have split the different crafting professions to ... this is no problem. (I use 5 chars for crafting. each one has 2 professions and the last one is a Scribe.) They even automatically get the crafing level thing set to completed.

But yeah ... I really do not want all of those icons on the login screen. 😄 (Want to only have them on the chars where I actually want to do the crafting mainly.) I can ignore the later volumes though - since I do not need the experience. (All my 9 chars are at max level and I do not plan more permanent characters.) Would still be nice to have a change here to require one less achievement for volume 2.

Edited by Luthan.5236

35 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

Eh, I find it annoying regardless of level. Then again, I'm no achievement hunter.

And that accelerated xp gain is just at a silly level. That, I feel, needs to be toned down.

You dont get any ap for the new system they implemented but it blocks your daily visibility, unless you track them manualy everyday.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You dont get any ap for the new system they implemented but it blocks your daily visibility, unless you track them manualy everyday.

Yeah, I know; but to my eyes it was intended to very much look like one is achieving milestones wholesale. So many games offer, and so many players chase, achievements as if doing so is the end-all-be-all for playing.

• Sad 1

On 8/24/2022 at 10:50 AM, Dayra.7405 said:

Really surprising that these are char-bound achievements. Did we ever had char-bound achievements before? I don't remember one.

I don't think we have. But the point of these achievements isn't the achieving. It's the extra XP you get (since that's all you get, not even achievement points) while you level a character. That is the point of these because you literally get nothing else from them. If they would have given achievement points, or even specific rewards, they would never have been character bound.

• Like 2