Do you all want new updates to Festivals or new Festivals in general?

Knighthonor.4061

Do you all want new updates to Festivals or new Festivals in general?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you all want new updates to Festivals or new Festivals in general?

• New Updates to Festivals
    • New Festivals
    • I rather they just keep current festivals as is

Would you all like new updates to Festivals content.

Or would you rather get brand new Festivals added to the annual rotation.

Or should the Festivals stay as is and use those resources on other stuff?

To me Festivals are a major replayable value to the game. Having new updates to it adds great value. But new Festivals also seem just as intriguing as potentially being a new annual charm to the game.

But I can also understand that those resources could go to other things like Living World and Expansions.

Where does this subject stand for you all?

• 3 weeks later...

When the game is resting on its laurels and not really prioritizing new story content anymore, then they can think about adding more festivals to the calendar. For now, the current lineup of 6 is pretty fine where it is.

Updates wouldn't be amiss though. Joko getting added to the Labyrinth would be an example of a nice touch. Would be nice to see the Bloody Prince Thorn stuff return somehow, though. Not really sure what they could add to Wintersday. But for Lunar New Year, they could have some decorations and maybe an event or two added at the Monastery in Seitung Province. SAB could finally have World 3 added, and then World 4. Dragon Bash + Four Winds are probably set, other than they could add new boss selections to the Queen's Gauntlet. Oh, and hologram projections for SW and Aurene.

• Like 1

I really like the festivals! I look forward to them and I would have voted for a 4th option - update current festivals and bring in new festivals!

Like one with an EoD theme?  maybe move Lunar New Year to the new map? add a new cat for the scavenger hunt? or a new node for the home instance? or a new book for the festival books collection?

Micro festivals like April Fools' would be fun!

Could sell tickets to Music festivals-Get IRL bands to open for The Metal Legion!  Have in game player musicians showcase their talents on game instruments! Tail gating party and trade things at Farmers' market or swapmeet? Have the circus come back to town? Have an international rock paper scissors tournament? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crayon.8403 said:

I really like the festivals! I look forward to them and I would have voted for a 4th option - update current festivals and bring in new festivals!

Like one with an EoD theme?  maybe move Lunar New Year to the new map? add a new cat for the scavenger hunt? or a new node for the home instance? or a new book for the festival books collection?

Micro festivals like April Fools' would be fun!

Could sell tickets to Music festivals-Get IRL bands to open for The Metal Legion!  Have in game player musicians showcase their talents on game instruments! Tail gating party and trade things at Farmers' market or swapmeet? Have the circus come back to town? Have an international rock paper scissors tournament? 🙂

If they move/create any Festivals out of Core, then Play4Free players and players that don't own that particular expansion can not participate.

New festivals would be really fun, but I'm not sure if there's really 'space' for them. We have quite a few,  nicely spaced out, I think if they added any more there wouldn't be enough 'down' time in between and might burn people out.

But I really I wish they would add new things to the existing ones! Each year they add a couple things like new skins or items, but never really switch it up. I hope they add more story/lore stuff to this Halloween event, or at least some more activities. The labyrinth is fun for a couple days but not so much after that lol

• Like 1

New updates, absolutely.
Long time complaint for me here.

One of the main things I really want is a bigger and better Labyrinth for the Halloween event, been wanting one for years.
Bigger map, more enemies, more event's, more bosses especially.
Changing paths, possibly by traps triggered by whether or not a certain boss is active like the Lab Horror.
Add more roaming bosses like the Lab Horror too with their own hazard areas..

Here's just a few idea.
Lab Horror Steve Spawns and several corridors around the map become bladed environmental hazards designed to incapacitate you by dismounting you and crippling you so Steve can chase you down and kill you easier.

New Boss, Hellfire Skeleton
A large Hellfire Skeleton spawns and starts roaming the map like the Lab Horror, several corridors around the map become Hellfire hazards, burning players who enter them with a hellfire mark special effect.
The Hellfire Skeleton will actively single out players in it's aggro range with the mark and prioritise them, dealing significantly more damage to them.
However players without the mark will deal less damage to the boss as well.
Another fun effect could be when the boss kills a marked player a smaller hellfire skeleton enemy spawns from their corpse, the amount of skeleton minions the boss can spawn should be based on how many players are scaling it up.

New Boss Ghost Carlotta
Several corridors become webbed around the map, Carlotta doesn't roam like the other bosses, instead players must enter these corridors systematically triggering ghost spider events until they find the one Carlotta is hiding in and spawning her.
Players will have their movement speed reduced slightly when in these webbed corridors.
A fun detail to include would be that when Carlotta is triggered, The Mad King verbally brags about how he stole the loyalty of this spider from some dead loser with an edgy name.

New Large Door Boss Thailog the Gargoyle.
Aside from being bigger and stronger than regular gargoyles, he also has the ability to petrify players in combat if they fail to dodge his AoE attacks.
Getting hit while petrified instantly downs the player.

New Roaming Boss Devil Dog
Runs around the map like the other roamers but has no special corridor hazard.
Instead Devil Dog will occasionally do a big AoE fear that hit's all players near it but also has a damage over time effect similar to Necromancers Terror Trait.
Players will take pretty decent damage if they do not counter this effect with stability or stunbreaks.

Those are just a few bosses I have in mind, all of which have skins in game already to work off and would be great to see in game as actual bossfights in a bigger and better Labyrinth.
Thankfully we did get a few new bosses in previous years but I still feel like the Lab needs a bigger map and more stuff packed into it.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

New updates, absolutely.
Long time complaint for me here.

One of the main things I really want is a bigger and better Labyrinth for the Halloween event, been wanting one for years.
Bigger map, more enemies, more event's, more bosses especially.
Changing paths, possibly by traps triggered by whether or not a certain boss is active like the Lab Horror.
Add more roaming bosses like the Lab Horror too with their own hazard areas..

Here's just a few idea.
Lab Horror Steve Spawns and several corridors around the map become bladed environmental hazards designed to incapacitate you by dismounting you and crippling you so Steve can chase you down and kill you easier.

New Boss, Hellfire Skeleton
A large Hellfire Skeleton spawns and starts roaming the map like the Lab Horror, several corridors around the map become Hellfire hazards, burning players who enter them with a hellfire mark special effect.
The Hellfire Skeleton will actively single out players in it's aggro range with the mark and prioritise them, dealing significantly more damage to them.
However players without the mark will deal less damage to the boss as well.
Another fun effect could be when the boss kills a marked player a smaller hellfire skeleton enemy spawns from their corpse, the amount of skeleton minions the boss can spawn should be based on how many players are scaling it up.

New Boss Ghost Carlotta
Several corridors become webbed around the map, Carlotta doesn't roam like the other bosses, instead players must enter these corridors systematically triggering ghost spider events until they find the one Carlotta is hiding in and spawning her.
Players will have their movement speed reduced slightly when in these webbed corridors.
A fun detail to include would be that when Carlotta is triggered, The Mad King verbally brags about how he stole the loyalty of this spider from some dead loser with an edgy name.

New Large Door Boss Thailog the Gargoyle.
Aside from being bigger and stronger than regular gargoyles, he also has the ability to petrify players in combat if they fail to dodge his AoE attacks.
Getting hit while petrified instantly downs the player.

New Roaming Boss Devil Dog
Runs around the map like the other roamers but has no special corridor hazard.
Instead Devil Dog will occasionally do a big AoE fear that hit's all players near it but also has a damage over time effect similar to Necromancers Terror Trait.
Players will take pretty decent damage if they do not counter this effect with stability or stunbreaks.

Those are just a few bosses I have in mind, all of which have skins in game already to work off and would be great to see in game as actual bossfights in a bigger and better Labyrinth.
Thankfully we did get a few new bosses in previous years but I still feel like the Lab needs a bigger map and more stuff packed into it.

YES!! I would love this too. Wonder if they'll ever add stuff to existing festivals though...

Edited by TheLadyOfTheRings.9148
typo
  • Confused 1

I think having a festival every other month is enough, any more would be overkill. I'd like some additions to the existing festivals, but only if they genuinely think it's an improvement, I wouldn't want them to change stuff every year just for the sake of having a change to announce.

I'd like them to bring back the Blood and Madness stuff for Halloween (the storyline introducing Bloody Prince Thorn) and I'd love SAB worlds 3 and 4. I'm not sure what else.

But from my perspective GW2's festivals are already pretty good. My other MMO does special events or holidays which have a very short intro quest (sometimes just talking to an NPC) and then are nothing but getting themed loot bags as an extra drop from the bosses and daily quests which are in the game all year round. Imagine if Halloween was "each time you kill a champion or world boss you'll get a trick-or-treat bag" - that's it. Other players in that game keep telling me that's what all MMOs do and there's no reason to expect anything more, so I appreciate what we get in this game.

• Like 2

I would love to see more activities added to current festivals as opposed to more festivals.  The cadence seems fine as it is. 

I could see it as overkill if too many things get added and there is too much to do.  But perhaps when the threshold of too much is reached, one or two events are removed from the next iteration of the festival and they return the following year, with another activity removed for that year.

This way, more content could be added, less feeling of being overwhelmed with too much to do and the feeling of freshness with the festival not being exactly the same year to year.