October 4 Balance Update Preview

Double Tap.3940

11 hours ago, ImBach.9013 said:

If there's something that you need more of than one on a team like with the willbender / garbinger meta, that's not good balance and I don't know why you think it is. It kinda sounds like you want to have 3-4+ thieves in games. 

You were the one arguing it would be dominant. Thats literally what being dominant is, being picked multiple times per team.

It's not rubbish in teamfights nor is it rubbish in 1v1s. I play a good amount of deadeye in plat 1 / plat 2ish. It's quite good at both of those things. It's a strong pick even right now and its gonna get stronger now that some of the meta stuff is getting nerfed. 

Its rubbish at both. In teamfights you can expect to see at least a tempest, who can just straight up say "no" to everything you do for easily 14 seconds in a row, if not longer. Then if you see a harbinger with poison cloud, well, you can just expect to not do anything the whole fight. Oh and even if they dont have plenty of projectile hate, DJ means that bodyblocking can screw you up a lot. Its bad at teamfights, its too easily stopped.

As for 1v1s, its defense is extremely poor, and its damage too easily stopped to actually kill anyone. Its a decap and +1 bot, of course it cant 1v1, its not supposed to. Its currently the best decap and +1 bot build thief has, and that is why its strong, but its not gonna be dominant because thats all it is. 

You don't have to believe me, but if I were you, I'd probably just roll with what the top pvpers are saying about it. There's no shame in admitting you're not the most informed about something. 

It wouldnt be the first time top pvpers have overestimated thief, or forgotten its weaknesses.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Great changes throughout to raise the skill ceiling. Requiring more active gameplay to perform at higher level is great for the game where decisions second to second should be critical to performance.

Several changes with taking out or lowering effectiveness of passive abilities is good direction. Active abilities require thought AND time on skills. Huge problem with passive abilities is requiring minimal maintenance and stacking power creep. Passives even if profession unique should be limited as they effectively increase baseline power due to BUILDs not on SKILLs of the players.

In summary, this patch will ruffle feathers of a lot of people who have become reliant on unbalanced specs that relied on set it and forget it type abilities or boons to their characters.

We need continue this path to better balance to encourage better build diversity which is lacking in all game modes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

On the Warrior Berserker changes, please reconsider "Berserk mode now activates instantly." bit. Choosing when to trigger can be key in a fight and not being able to time that could be an issue since if you aren't controlling that sequence and with the duration reduction you might just waste that attack opportunity specially against sustain builds. Passive activations remove the player's choose on when and how to use that burst.

This right here.

On top of that Axes are getting a nerf.

The only thing that makes berserker and core warrior viable, and perhaps even Spellbreakers.

1 hour ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

You were the one arguing it would be dominant. Thats literally what being dominant is, being picked multiple times per team.

Its rubbish at both. In teamfights you can expect to see at least a tempest, who can just straight up say "no" to everything you do for easily 14 seconds in a row, if not longer. Then if you see a harbinger with poison cloud, well, you can just expect to not do anything the whole fight. Oh and even if they dont have plenty of projectile hate, DJ means that bodyblocking can screw you up a lot. Its bad at teamfights, its too easily stopped.

As for 1v1s, its defense is extremely poor, and its damage too easily stopped to actually kill anyone. Its a decap and +1 bot, of course it cant 1v1, its not supposed to. Its currently the best decap and +1 bot build thief has, and that is why its strong, but its not gonna be dominant because thats all it is. 

It wouldnt be the first time top pvpers have overestimated thief, or forgotten its weaknesses.

Willbender was insanely dominant and moreover, oppressive prior the nerfs but some teams in MAT were still only taking one. But it was a guaranteed spot. Same goes for specter - what you were originally not too thrilled about seeing nerfed. 

No idea how you play deadeye, but I only have any real issues with good tempests and there just don't seem to be that many. I'd agree if you'd just said it needed a nerf though because the good ones are oppressive to an extent that they shouldn't be. If you see a harbinger in this meta, you should be farming them as deadeye with or without poison cloud. It was that way prior the harbinger nerfs and its even moreso now. Body blocking should almost never be an issue. Gonna ask again, but what elo are you normally in for body blocking to be a big outstanding issue? 

And then there's the things they've been right about. And there's also the thing you're wrong about right now. You don't think deadeye is strong right now. 

Edited by ImBach.9013
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, ImBach.9013 said:

Willbender was insanely dominant and moreover, oppressive prior the nerfs but some teams in MAT were still only taking one. But it was a guaranteed spot. Same goes for specter - what you were originally not too thrilled about seeing nerfed. 

Uh what? I am perfectly happy to see Spectre nerfed now that its genuinely broken. Like thats why I even said it was a good nerf, though I dont like it affecting PvE. And no, when Willbender was genuinely broken, he was usually a 2 of, sometimes a 3-of. A guaranteed 1-of spot is not "dominant". Its just the result of Thief being the decap and +1 class.

No idea how you play deadeye, but I only have any real issues with good tempests and there just don't seem to be that many. If you see a harbinger in this meta, you should be farming them as deadeye with or without poison cloud lmfao. It was that way prior the harbinger nerfs and its even moreso now. Body blocking should not be an issue. Gonna ask again, but what elo are you normally in? 

Please do explain how you dont have issues with tempests when they can drop a 360 radius field that destroys all projectiles for 6 seconds, and give their team 4 seconds of magnetic aura 3 times. if they want, they can make you irrelevant for 18 seconds, not that I would suggest that. How do you suggest to deal with? And no, Tempest is quite common, its the best support there is and very strong. Especially if your opponent is on DE, you can just switch to it. And Harbingers are in teamfights, theyre not targets you 1v1. 

And then there's the things they've been right about. And there's also the thing you're wrong about right now. You don't think deadeye is strong right now and it says a lot. 

No? I already said, Deadeye is strong. Its strong because its a decap and +1 bot. Its strong because it has unmatched mobility and is really good at outnumbering people and bursting them down. But that strength is impossible to be dominant with, because you only ever want 1 decap and +1 bot. Deadeye now is like D/P thief for most of 2020. And I think anyone would struggle to call that version dominant.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Gyroscopic Acceleration is also very weird in function. Will the superspeed proc where the well lands or around the Scrapper? Superspeed and standing in a Well to get its effects is just a contradictory function, especially if it turns Stealth Gyro into a large Veil or Shadow Refuge with half stealth duration unless blast/leap finisher is used. You'd just run out of the well with superspeed. Can we just do this for the offensive Wells? Would make more sense on Blast/Shredder Gyro but not Medic/Bulwark/Purge/Stealth Gyro.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Uh what? I am perfectly happy to see Spectre nerfed now that its genuinely broken. Like thats why I even said it was a good nerf, though I dont like it affecting PvE. And no, when Willbender was genuinely broken, he was usually a 2 of, sometimes a 3-of. A guaranteed 1-of spot is not "dominant". Its just the result of Thief being the decap and +1 class.

Please do explain how you dont have issues with tempests when they can drop a 360 radius field that destroys all projectiles for 6 seconds, and give their team 4 seconds of magnetic aura 3 times. if they want, they can make you irrelevant for 18 seconds, not that I would suggest that. How do you suggest to deal with? And no, Tempest is quite common, its the best support there is and very strong. Especially if your opponent is on DE, you can just switch to it. And Harbingers are in teamfights, theyre not targets you 1v1. 

No? I already said, Deadeye is strong. Its strong because its a decap and +1 bot. Its strong because it has unmatched mobility and is really good at outnumbering people and bursting them down. But that strength is impossible to be dominant with, because you only ever want 1 decap and +1 bot. Deadeye now is like D/P thief for most of 2020. And I think anyone would struggle to call that version dominant.

Did you watch the MAT at all when willbender was strong? No one ever took it as a 3-off and most were generally taking it as a 1-off if I recall right. 

I pay attention to where people are and seldom is everyone going to stand in their focus projectile hate or be close enough to get that perma mag aura. Most of them are also incredibly poor when it comes to chaining that projectile hate and that's where I get them most of the time. Additionally, melee is an option if they aren't spamming lightning aura and if they're rotating through that they're out of stone heart / part of where their mag aura will be coming from. 

You farm harbingers both in teamfights and out of teamfights. Thats been the case for a looooong while now. Weird you didn't know that though. 

I'm going to ask again since you just don't seem to want to answer. What elo are you in for body blocking to be an issue? The only time it was ever an issue for me on the class was when I wasn't sure of what was going on in a team fight and couldn't figure out how to position properly and that was when I started PvP. 

You think deadeye can only decap bot and +1 and thats the issue here lmfao. That in tandem with you thinking body blocking is an issue kinda makes it sound like you just don't know how to teamfight on the spec and if you don't know how to do that on the spec I kinda struggle to figure out why you're giving your opinion here. 

Specter was dominant and blatantly broken in that same role.  Its why it got nerfed. Think you're missing that there's roles in the gamemode. I'm not saying deadeye is going to be 2+ on the same team and I never did and don't know why you think I did. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ImBach.9013 said:

Did you watch the MAT at all when willbender was strong? No one ever took it as a 3-off and most were generally taking it as a 1-off if I recall right. 

Yes. There were a couple 3-of, but most were 2-ofs. 1-ofs were pretty rare.

I pay attention to where people are and seldom is everyone going to stand in their focus projectile hate or be close enough to get that perma mag aura. Most of them are also incredibly poor when it comes to chaining that projectile hate and that's where I get them most of the time. Additionally, melee is an option if they aren't spamming lightning aura and if they're rotating through that they're out of stone heart / part of where their mag aura will be coming from. 

The stationary projectile hate covers the entire point, so yeah, theyre gonna be moving within that. Also, you do realise that magnetic aura doesnt require them to stand anywhere, right? And no, but they can shut you down long enough that you can be focused, or their team loses because theyre down 1 player. Lightning Aura also hurts melee, not to mention your melee is poor and leaves you at risk of being killed. Also they have a utility that gives magnetic, remember?

You farm harbingers both in teamfights and out of teamfights. Thats been the case for a looooong while now. Weird you didn't know that though. 

You dont. In teamfights, you cant really do much to them. Its an example of DE being so bad in teamfights. 

You think deadeye can only decap bot and +1 and thats the issue here lmfao. That in tandem with you thinking body blocking is an issue kinda makes it sound like you just don't know how to teamfight on the spec and if you don't know how to do that on the spec I kinda struggle to figure out why you're giving your opinion here. 

I know it is a decap and +1 bot. You seem to not know that. Here is a suggestion: Look at some MATs with DE, and watch their movement on the minimap carefully. Heres a spoiler: You will find they dont go for teamfights basically ever. Because DE is really, really bad at teamfighting. If you dont even know the specs most basic elements like that, then I dont understand why youre giving your opinion on DE here. You clearly dont know or understand it in the slightest. 

Specter was dominant and blatantly broken in that same role.  Its why it got nerfed. Think you're missing that there's roles in the gamemode. I'm not saying deadeye is going to be 2+ on the same team and I never did and don't know why you think I did. 

Spectre was not a decap and +1 bot though. It could teamfight quite very well. It was dominant, and thats why you saw multiples on the same team. And thats what dominant means. Dominant does not mean "there is almost always 1 of them on the team because no other class fulfills that role", thats called having a niche. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I would love for Hammer Spellbreaker to come back to WvW! Before years ago, before the nerf to cc's, you could actually use Hammer on warrior and it was probably the most fun I've had. Since the cc nerfs, its unusable unless you are playing a support or pure cc/boon rip role on spellbreaker. Earthshake, the F1 being dropped from 1.0 to 0.01 ruined it, NOW... the F1 is going from 0.01 to 0.682.. It would be amazing if... It could just go back up to 1.0 simply because Hammer skill 4 and 5 both are cc's so they don't do damage, so it lacks damage skills to use properly as dps. BRING HAMMER/GREATSWORD SPELLBREAKER BACK!

Yes. There were a couple 3-of, but most were 2-ofs. 1-ofs were pretty rare.

The stationary projectile hate covers the entire point, so yeah, theyre gonna be moving within that. Also, you do realise that magnetic aura doesnt require them to stand anywhere, right? And no, but they can shut you down long enough that you can be focused, or their team loses because theyre down 1 player. Lightning Aura also hurts melee, not to mention your melee is poor and leaves you at risk of being killed. Also they have a utility that gives magnetic, remember?

You dont. In teamfights, you cant really do much to them. Its an example of DE being so bad in teamfights. 

I know it is a decap and +1 bot. You seem to not know that. Here is a suggestion: Look at some MATs with DE, and watch their movement on the minimap carefully. Heres a spoiler: You will find they dont go for teamfights basically ever. Because DE is really, really bad at teamfighting. If you dont even know the specs most basic elements like that, then I dont understand why youre giving your opinion on DE here. You clearly dont know or understand it in the slightest. 

Spectre was not a decap and +1 bot though. It could teamfight quite very well. It was dominant, and thats why you saw multiples on the same team. And thats what dominant means. Dominant does not mean "there is almost always 1 of them on the team because no other class fulfills that role", thats called having a niche. 

Rewatched the may MAT matches... Willbender was only ran as a 1-off by the good teams in the 5-6 games I watched and, in the quarter, / semi / grand finals was only ran as a 1-off. You didn't watch them, but you clearly think you did for some reason. At that, I'm not too sure you're actually talking about DE in good faith anymore. You're probably aware that you aren't that good at DE but you're still going to give your opinion on it. You won't listen to me, and you won't listen to the top players. There's no convincing you it'd seem. 

Most people on the ranked ladder don't stand in wells, projectile hate etc. You are aware that mag aura is only given in a certain radius? People will go outside of the range quite often. If you pay enough attention to whats happening in a teamfight be it skills, positioning etc. for body-blocking to no longer be an issue for you, you'll find ways to win despite the trouble tempest creates. Do note again that I'm not arguing it shouldn't be nerfed because good ones are far too oppressive... I'm just arguing that because one tempest on the enemy team invalidates you doesn't mean that your spec is bad. 

You say you know it's a decap and +1bot but other people who just know more about the mode have said otherwise. It's a good all-rounder. You can teamfight with it if need be and you'll do quite well normally. What are you rated with deadeye, for the fourth time? 

Dominant has no official meaning and I'm not quite sure why you're retroactively creating a definition for it. And even then, I haven't been arguing about it being 2+ per team in a match. I never was arguing that. I have been talking about how its already quite the strong pick and it's going to get stronger now that other options are getting nerfed. 

Edited by ImBach.9013
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/15/2022 at 12:22 AM, Double Tap said:

Dragonscale Defense: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to have a shorter cooldown than expected in PvP and WvW. This trait now grants protection instead of stability in PvP and WvW. Reduced internal cooldown from 60 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW.

So now we ONLY have one 60 second Stab option.... 😕  == Dead

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ImBach.9013 said:

Rewatched the may MAT matches... Willbender was only ran as a 1-off by the good teams in the 5-6 games I watched and, in the quarter, / semi / grand finals was only ran as a 1-off. You didn't watch them, but you clearly think you did for some reason. At that, I'm not too sure you're actually talking about DE in good faith anymore. You're probably aware that you aren't that good at DE but you're still going to give your opinion on it. You won't listen to me, and you won't listen to the top players. There's no convincing you it'd seem. 

Im not sure you watched the right matches. And no, Im aware I know how DE works. Just like I am aware that you do not. And yeah, you probably know you dont know anything about DE. Of course I wont listen to someone who doesnt play or understand the class. 

Most people on the ranked ladder don't stand in wells, projectile hate etc. You are aware that mag aura is only given in a certain radius? People will go outside of the range quite often.

Ah yes. Good players will intentionally leave the radius that makes DE completely useless against DE. That makes sense. And you do know that that radius is 600, right?  Ah, but that doesnt mean much, how do I explain it, hmm. Ah. You know Rangers Entangle? Thats 600 radius. Or in more illustrative examples, its almost 3 times the area of Elementalists meteor shower, and almost twice the diameter. You would struggle to go outside of that range in a teamfight. Or if you want another example, in Legacy of the Foefire, if the Ele stood at the exact center, it would cover the entire area up to the stairs. Youre gonna get that aura. Which is something youd know if you ever played DE or literally any projectile-heavy classes.

If you pay enough attention to whats happening in a teamfight be it skills, positioning etc. for body-blocking to no longer be an issue for you, you'll find ways to win despite the trouble tempest creates. Do note again that I'm not arguing it shouldn't be nerfed because good ones are far too oppressive... I'm just arguing that because one tempest on the enemy team invalidates you doesn't mean that your spec is bad. 

If you pay enough attention to whats happening in a teamfight, you'll realise youre supposed to not engage in a teamfight. Youre too easily shut down for many seconds, and you dont contribute much. But that makes sense. Your spec is literally made to not teamfight. It'd be like a bunker druid roaming. Youre confusing me saying "Deadeye is good as a decap and +1 bot but absolutely terrible in teamfights", which is objectively true, with me saying "Deadeye is bad because of tempest". 

You say you know it's a decap and +1bot but other people who just know more about the mode have said otherwise. It's a good all-rounder. You can teamfight with it if need be and you'll do quite well normally. What are you rated with deadeye, for the fourth time? 

Have they? Or did they perhaps just say that its good, and you misinterpreted it as them saying its good at everything? Because again, if you watch good Deadeyes, you will notice that they strangely seem to avoid teamfights. I wonder why.

Dominant has no official meaning and I'm not quite sure why you're retroactively creating a definition for it. And even then, I haven't been arguing about it being 2+ per team in a match. I never was arguing that. I have been talking about how its already quite the strong pick and it's going to get stronger now that other options are getting nerfed. 

Because dominant has a natural language meaning. A staple is not dominant. Its a staple. Besides, while its a strong pick, itll not really get stronger. Its a decap and +1 bot, most that will happen is that it replaces Specter as it, but thats already how it was used so yeah. Not much of a change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You guys mentioned on Stream that you figured Signet of rage wouldn't be good enough, even with the buffs. I agree with you.

My suggestion:

Signet of Rage

Passive: slowly gain adrenaline (same at it is currently)

Active: gain 10 stacks might (8s), Fury (8s), and swiftness (8s)

Gain 30 adrenaline

CD: 30s

This trades a chunk of might for adrenaline gain and a lower CD. The adrenaline gain in particular is enticing for many builds, and it's low CD makes it much more impactful then it currently is. The lower CD also helps take advantage of the new Defy Pain, which will currently really only be good when paired with Berserker's headbutt. 

15 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Im not sure you watched the right matches. And no, Im aware I know how DE works. Just like I am aware that you do not. And yeah, you probably know you dont know anything about DE. Of course I wont listen to someone who doesnt play or understand the class. 

Ah yes. Good players will intentionally leave the radius that makes DE completely useless against DE. That makes sense. And you do know that that radius is 600, right?  Ah, but that doesnt mean much, how do I explain it, hmm. Ah. You know Rangers Entangle? Thats 600 radius. Or in more illustrative examples, its almost 3 times the area of Elementalists meteor shower, and almost twice the diameter. You would struggle to go outside of that range in a teamfight. Or if you want another example, in Legacy of the Foefire, if the Ele stood at the exact center, it would cover the entire area up to the stairs. Youre gonna get that aura. Which is something youd know if you ever played DE or literally any projectile-heavy classes.

If you pay enough attention to whats happening in a teamfight, you'll realise youre supposed to not engage in a teamfight. Youre too easily shut down for many seconds, and you dont contribute much. But that makes sense. Your spec is literally made to not teamfight. It'd be like a bunker druid roaming. Youre confusing me saying "Deadeye is good as a decap and +1 bot but absolutely terrible in teamfights", which is objectively true, with me saying "Deadeye is bad because of tempest". 

Have they? Or did they perhaps just say that its good, and you misinterpreted it as them saying its good at everything? Because again, if you watch good Deadeyes, you will notice that they strangely seem to avoid teamfights. I wonder why.

Because dominant has a natural language meaning. A staple is not dominant. Its a staple. Besides, while its a strong pick, itll not really get stronger. Its a decap and +1 bot, most that will happen is that it replaces Specter as it, but thats already how it was used so yeah. Not much of a change.

Here's the May 2022 VOD. You're wrong and you still insist that you're right. Quite odd. 

You won't listen to anyone about anything it'd seem... Perhaps deadeye is really actually a bad spec and you are right about everything despite everyone saying or having said otherwise. 

We both agree that tempests are extremely oppressive. You are arguing with someone who already agrees with you. You seem to think body blocking is an issue and that having an enemy tempest flat-out invalidates you in every single case and I have been saying that isn't the case. Lots of bad tempests on the ladder and despite aura share's radius, people can and will run out of that. 

Again, roles are a thing. Just because deadeye isn't being spammed at 2-3+ per game doesn't mean it's not strong. 

I said you can teamfight if need be, quite well. Keywords. You can if need be. You need to read what I am saying. 

You've pretty clearly been arguing that all the projectile hate assists in making deadeye bad. You saying something is objectively true doesn't make it true. If you want what I think: being unable to get past body-blocking as a DE player means I really shouldn't be entertaining anything you say right now. 

I'm pretty good at deadeye and I have watched yet better deadeyes. They don't shy away from teamfights whenever they pop up unless they're start going south. They're not only decapping and +1ing. They're doing everything in their power to win a game.

Dominant naturally means that it's going to be ran at 2-4+ a game? That's funny. Go on, explain more. When things get nerfed other things inadvertently become stronger picks. This has been established for years. Certain classes fill roles better and when those classes that are performing at top-tier levels get nerfed, other classes inadvertently become stronger picks. 

Edited by ImBach.9013
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, ImBach.9013 said:

Here's the May 2022 VOD. You're wrong and you still insist that you're right. Quite odd. 

Ah, it seems I misremembered. It was Harbinger that was dominant, not Willbender, and it was Harbinger that was always a 2-of. Yeah, thats my bad.

You won't listen to anyone about anything it'd seem... Perhaps deadeye is really actually a bad spec and you are right about everything despite everyone saying or having said otherwise. 

I listen to people who either make a good case, or know what theyre talking about. You ... have neither of these things. The fact that you seem to think Im saying DE is a bad spec despite me repeatedly saying that its a good spec just shows this even further.

We both agree that tempests are extremely oppressive. You are arguing with someone who already agrees with you. You seem to think body blocking is an issue and that having an enemy tempest flat-out invalidates you in every single case and I have been saying that isn't the case. Lots of bad tempests on the ladder and despite aura share's radius, people can and will run out of that. 

No, they will not. Look, I get it. You didnt know the aura share radius was that massive. You have never played DE, or Grenade Holo, or Longbow Ranger, or any other projectile-focused class in your life. But the correct response is to admit you didnt know and accept it, rather than trying to double down. They cannot and will not run out of it, because you would have to actively be leaving the teamfight to even be able to get out of it and at that point ... theyre not in the teamfight anymore. If you fight them, neither are you. Do you get it now?

Again, roles are a thing. Just because deadeye isn't being spammed at 2-3+ per game doesn't mean it's not strong. 

I never said it isnt strong?

I said you can teamfight if need be, quite well. Keywords. You can if need be. You need to read what I am saying. 

I know you said that. I pointed out that even that is wrong. If need be, you can teamfight because literally every build can, if need be. "Quite well", is however incorrect, the correct wording would've been "extremely, extremely poorly". It can teamfight in the same sense decap druid could teamfight.

You've pretty clearly been arguing that all the projectile hate assists in making deadeye bad. You saying something is objectively true doesn't make it true. If you want what I think: being unable to get past body-blocking as a DE player means I really shouldn't be entertaining anything you say right now. 

In a teamfight. Youre not gonna be seeing a Tempest holding a sidenode, and if you are, you can switch to your other weaponset because a +1 is a +1. And when decapping it doesnt matter either. Gee, why would a decap and +1 bot being bad in a teamfight not mean its bad overall? I mean its almost like its role is literally to not teamfight. Good lord. And the fact that you think that body-blocking isnt an issue at all, or think that it was like this central issue rather than an issue ontop of the central issue means I shouldve been ignoring you for a while. Or the fact that you didnt know how Tempests auras work. Or just the fact that you said DE is good at teamfighting. You clearly have never so much as touched DE, and you clearly dont understand the class, what makes it strong, and where its bad. 

I'm pretty good at deadeye and I have watched yet better deadeyes. They don't shy away from teamfights whenever they pop up unless they're start going south. They're not only decapping and +1ing. They're doing everything in their power to win a game.

No youre not. You have never touched Deadeye in your life. And you have never watched a Deadeye play. Because you clearly do not understand anything about Deadeye, and what you just said is wrong in every possible way. They are in fact only decapping and outnumbering. Because thats what you do. Thats what "doing everything in their power to win a game" MEANS.

Dominant naturally means that it's going to be ran at 2-4+ a game? That's funny. Go on, explain more. When things get nerfed other things inadvertently become stronger picks. This has been established for years. Certain classes fill roles better and when those classes that are performing at top-tier levels get nerfed, other classes inadvertently become stronger picks. 

Dominant means its dominant. It means it takes over the game. And that means it will be picked more than once. Otherwise, its not taking over the game. Meaning its not dominant. Was Thief dominant during PoF? No. It was consistent, it was strong, but it was not dominant. And DE will be no different. Strong, consistent, but not dominant. Also, decap and +1 bot is a role that has always been filled by thief. It used to only be DD. If its now DE, that does not make DE dominant.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I understand the balance perspective on total pool for Specter, but I feel like an 80% nerf is a bit heavy handed here and will likely effectively kill the specs viability in pvp and pve. Hopefully this number comes up about 15%-20% before this goes live.

I spent several hours dueling 1v1 with meta spec on specter against a mirage Mesmer. I died every single round with them still at 90% hp. I swapped to a mechanist in full support spec, beat them nearly every round after. Even at full shroud, the hp was not enough of a gain to counter a Mesmer running shatter build mirage, and ended up dying in less than 10s after engaging.

Side note, I remember when you did this to me to reaper and it absolutely destroyed the class to the point it was not fun to play in any game mode which forced me to re-roll off necro (a class I had stuck with since launch) because you’d also nerfed base necro through the floor at the time.  I re-rolled my first character (thief) to daredevil, enjoyed that for a bit, then that got nerfed so hard it couldn’t even fight trash mobs in open world. By that time you had fixed reaper at least.

I was planning on re-rolling the daredevil to specter til you fix DD, but after reading what you have planned it sounds like that spec is going to be deader than DD. It makes me a bit sad tbh because I really love the specter’s design and concept, and as a primarily PVE player, if I won’t even be able to enjoy the pve content on it because it crumples to trash mobs because your efforts to balance pvp spill over into nerfing the crap out of it in pve, it won’t even be worth the character slot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

On the Warrior Berserker changes, please reconsider "Berserk mode now activates instantly." bit. Choosing when to trigger can be key in a fight and not being able to time that could be an issue since if you aren't controlling that sequence and with the duration reduction you might just waste that attack opportunity specially against sustain builds. Passive activations remove the player's choose on when and how to use that burst.

Berserk Mode will no longer have a cast time is what they meant by those words, not that you automatically enter once you hit 30 adrenaline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Ah, it seems I misremembered. It was Harbinger that was dominant, not Willbender, and it was Harbinger that was always a 2-of. Yeah, thats my bad.

I listen to people who either make a good case, or know what theyre talking about. You ... have neither of these things. The fact that you seem to think Im saying DE is a bad spec despite me repeatedly saying that its a good spec just shows this even further.

No, they will not. Look, I get it. You didnt know the aura share radius was that massive. You have never played DE, or Grenade Holo, or Longbow Ranger, or any other projectile-focused class in your life. But the correct response is to admit you didnt know and accept it, rather than trying to double down. They cannot and will not run out of it, because you would have to actively be leaving the teamfight to even be able to get out of it and at that point ... theyre not in the teamfight anymore. If you fight them, neither are you. Do you get it now?

I never said it isnt strong?

I know you said that. I pointed out that even that is wrong. If need be, you can teamfight because literally every build can, if need be. "Quite well", is however incorrect, the correct wording would've been "extremely, extremely poorly". It can teamfight in the same sense decap druid could teamfight.

In a teamfight. Youre not gonna be seeing a Tempest holding a sidenode, and if you are, you can switch to your other weaponset because a +1 is a +1. And when decapping it doesnt matter either. Gee, why would a decap and +1 bot being bad in a teamfight not mean its bad overall? I mean its almost like its role is literally to not teamfight. Good lord. And the fact that you think that body-blocking isnt an issue at all, or think that it was like this central issue rather than an issue ontop of the central issue means I shouldve been ignoring you for a while. Or the fact that you didnt know how Tempests auras work. Or just the fact that you said DE is good at teamfighting. You clearly have never so much as touched DE, and you clearly dont understand the class, what makes it strong, and where its bad. 

No youre not. You have never touched Deadeye in your life. And you have never watched a Deadeye play. Because you clearly do not understand anything about Deadeye, and what you just said is wrong in every possible way. They are in fact only decapping and outnumbering. Because thats what you do. Thats what "doing everything in their power to win a game" MEANS.

Dominant means its dominant. It means it takes over the game. And that means it will be picked more than once. Otherwise, its not taking over the game. Meaning its not dominant. Was Thief dominant during PoF? No. It was consistent, it was strong, but it was not dominant. And DE will be no different. Strong, consistent, but not dominant. Also, decap and +1 bot is a role that has always been filled by thief. It used to only be DD. If its now DE, that does not make DE dominant.

I'm not so sure I should be trying to convince you given you said with a pretty good amount of confidence that willbender was being spammed at 2-3 times per match xD. Seems like you don't care about accuracy and kinda just want something other weird thing out of the conversation. Either that or your memory just works in some pretty odd ways. 

Well, in that case, you go do you. You don't have to listen to me or anyone else. You can cover your ears and listen to yourself if that suits you best. 

People get pressured away from their team all the time either that or just don't pay attention to where the support tempest is. And to that end, most tempests aren't good and won't pay attention to where they're supposed to be. Most players in the mode have pretty horrible positioning or don't pay enough attention to what's going on around them. 

I'm not really sure what we disagree on here. We both think tempest is too strong and oppressive at higher levels of play and I do, too. But I'm saying it doesn't flat-out mess up your class and it shouldn't. 

You can teamfight on DE if need be. You thinking body-blocking is an issue kinda said most about you and the amount of time you've put into deadeye xD. Like you clearly understand some of these other things quite well but that one thing kinda just shows you don't actually play the class well and willingly dump your shots into the wrong target. 

Yeah, most of what you do is decapping and outnumbering. But you can teamfight if that'd be beneficial. It's what roamers do. Body blocking isn't an issue and never was apart from bad DEs just button mashing and dumping their skills into the wrong target (and to that end, projectile hate too).

You say I haven't touched it but you saying that doesn't really mean I didn't hit plat 2 with it at one point and remember how I did it lmfao. Real odd from my perspective about how you think you saying that I haven't played it all and ain't good at it is going to convince me I ain't good at it. If you see a low target, you can just tp in and whack em a few times or throw a few shots. Or you can start out in a teamfight if someone else has already gone to cap home and there's a tough target on far and you think you can sway the direction of the teamfight. If you can't, you leave. Winning games is much more than just following strictly what you do most of the time in your role. As a tempest support, you'll sometimes not be teamfighting and you'll be +1ing or even taking a 1v1 / 1v2. If you can take a 1v2 or force them off the point and decap / cap it, you get value for your team. Doesn't mean you're only gonna keep on dueling for that specific game. That changes throughout the game based on what's going on in the map. People on your team might mess up and then you've gotta pick up slack because of the 4v5 you've been put in etc. 

Yeah, go on about why you think everyone knows your definition of dominant. If you wanna listen a little, DE will probably be dominant in that roaming role. But don't really wanna argue you with you about your own definition or things though so how about we just call it strong in that role - and yet stronger with the removal of specter? That good enough for you? Feel free to say if it isn't. 

Edited by ImBach.9013
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ImBach.9013 said:

I'm not so sure I should be trying to convince you given you said with a pretty good amount of confidence that willbender was being spammed at 2-3 times per match xD. Seems like you don't care about accuracy and kinda just want something other weird thing out of the conversation. 

Yes. I did confuse it for Harbinger. That was my mistake. 

Well, in that case, you go do you. You don't have to listen to me or anyone else. You can cover your ears and listen to yourself if that suits you best. 

Dont conflate yourself with anyone else. As I said, if you make a strong case, or know what youre talking about, Ill listen. You have no case whatsoever, and you are clearly talking about an unfamiliar topic.

People get pressured away from their team all the time either that or just don't pay attention to where the support tempest is. And to that end, most tempests aren't good and won't pay attention to where they're supposed to be. Most players in the mode have pretty horrible positioning or don't pay enough attention to what's going on around them. 

See, whats funny is that everything you say here is true, but its trying to insinuate something that is false. See here is the problem. Even with all of that ... the Tempest aura will still hit them. Its just that stupidly oversized. Again, it covers basically the entire central point on LoE. Mispositioning can mess with 360 radius, but not 600 radius. You have to be actively griefing to get out of that radius, and even then its not easy.

I'm not really sure what we disagree on here. We both think tempest is too strong and oppressive at higher levels of play and I do, too. But I'm saying it doesn't flat-out mess up your class and it shouldn't. 

And Im saying its a large part of the reason why DE is awful at teamfighting, and it is.

You can teamfight on DE if need be. You thinking body-blocking is an issue kinda said most about you and the amount of time you've put into deadeye xD. Like you clearly understand some of these other things quite well but that one thing kinda just shows you don't actually play the class well and willingly dump your shots into the wrong target. 

Again, you can teamfight on DE if need be in the same way you can teamfight on EVERY class if need be. Will you be bad at it? Yes, very. Would there have been 20+ other builds all of which would teamfight better? Yes. But you can technically teamfight, as a last, last resort. And yes, bodyblocking is an issue. Deaths Judgment is your big burst, and it with 5 malice does more than twice the damage it does without malice. If that DJ gets blocked, youre out of quickness, so the future ones are trivial to dodge, and it barely does any damage and youre locked out of stealth attacks unless you burn a shadow meld to hit them. The fact that you think what the OPPONENT does is somehow influenced by your own skill as a player says a lot.

Yeah, most of what you do is decapping and outnumbering. But you can teamfight if that'd be beneficial. It's what roamers do. Body blocking isn't an issue and never was apart from bad DEs just button mashing and dumping their skills into the wrong target.

See, now youre moving the goalpost. At first you said DE is good at teamfighting. Now you have finally admitted its not, but that its something you will do regularly. Youre missing the last step now, admitting that even that isnt true, and that if teamfighting is a good idea you or your team have screwed up massively, but youll get there. And no, body blocking is an issue. Is it a huge issue? No. But it comes up. 

You say I haven't touched it but you saying that doesn't really mean I didn't hit plat 2 with it at one point lmfao. Real odd from my perspective about how you think you saying that I haven't played it all and ain't good at it is going to convince me I ain't good at it. If you see a low target, you can just tp in and whack em a few times or throw a few shots. Or you can start out in a teamfight if someone else has already gone to cap home and there's a tough target on far and you think you can sway the direction of the teamfight. If you can't, you leave. Winning games is much more than just following strictly what you do most of the time in your role. As a tempest support, you'll sometimes not be teamfighting and you'll be +1ing or even taking a 1v1 / 1v2. If you can take a 1v2 or force them off the point and decap / cap it, you get value for your team. Doesn't mean you're only gonna keep on dueling for that specific game. That changes throughout the game based on what's going on in the map. People on your team might mess up and then you've gotta pick up slack because of the 4v5 you've been put in etc. 

You can keep saying that you played it all you want, the fact that you are not understanding extremely basic fundamentals of it, or its matchups against tempest, a quite common build, proves otherwise. Either that, or you just got really lucky, being carried by players who understand their class. But ebven then you would've noticed the magnetic aura thing, or swirling winds. So yknow, hitchens razor. 

Winning games is more about following strictly what you do most of the time in your role. However it is also, and this part is a very important part you clearly missed, about KNOWING YOUR OWN LIMITATIONS. And in the case of DE, one of those is "you are extremely bad at teamfighting, and 99.9% of the time if you teamfight, you are going to just be wasting time you could spend more effectively elsewhere". A basic lesson most new Deadeyes learn within 5 games, yet a lesson you have somehow managed to not learn despite claiming to have played it. 

Yeah, go on about why you think everyone knows your definition of dominant. If you wanna listen a little, DE will probably be dominant in that roaming role. But don't really wanna argue you with you about your own definition or things though so how about we just call it strong in that role - and yet stronger with the removal of specter? That good enough for you? Feel free to say if it isn't. 

Again, moving goalposts. Ok so its "dominant in the roaming role". Lets actually correct it and call it the decap and +1 role, roaming is a slightly different thing. Now tell me ... what other professions can fulfill that role? Because thats a thief role, because no one has thieves mobility. And what flavour of thief takes it doesnt really matter. Itll always just be thief. Calling that dominant is silly. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Yes. I did confuse it for Harbinger. That was my mistake. 

Dont conflate yourself with anyone else. As I said, if you make a strong case, or know what youre talking about, Ill listen. You have no case whatsoever, and you are clearly talking about an unfamiliar topic.

See, whats funny is that everything you say here is true, but its trying to insinuate something that is false. See here is the problem. Even with all of that ... the Tempest aura will still hit them. Its just that stupidly oversized. Again, it covers basically the entire central point on LoE. Mispositioning can mess with 360 radius, but not 600 radius. You have to be actively griefing to get out of that radius, and even then its not easy.

And Im saying its a large part of the reason why DE is awful at teamfighting, and it is.

Again, you can teamfight on DE if need be in the same way you can teamfight on EVERY class if need be. Will you be bad at it? Yes, very. Would there have been 20+ other builds all of which would teamfight better? Yes. But you can technically teamfight, as a last, last resort. And yes, bodyblocking is an issue. Deaths Judgment is your big burst, and it with 5 malice does more than twice the damage it does without malice. If that DJ gets blocked, youre out of quickness, so the future ones are trivial to dodge, and it barely does any damage and youre locked out of stealth attacks unless you burn a shadow meld to hit them. The fact that you think what the OPPONENT does is somehow influenced by your own skill as a player says a lot.

See, now youre moving the goalpost. At first you said DE is good at teamfighting. Now you have finally admitted its not, but that its something you will do regularly. Youre missing the last step now, admitting that even that isnt true, and that if teamfighting is a good idea you or your team have screwed up massively, but youll get there. And no, body blocking is an issue. Is it a huge issue? No. But it comes up. 

You can keep saying that you played it all you want, the fact that you are not understanding extremely basic fundamentals of it, or its matchups against tempest, a quite common build, proves otherwise. Either that, or you just got really lucky, being carried by players who understand their class. But ebven then you would've noticed the magnetic aura thing, or swirling winds. So yknow, hitchens razor. 

Winning games is more about following strictly what you do most of the time in your role. However it is also, and this part is a very important part you clearly missed, about KNOWING YOUR OWN LIMITATIONS. And in the case of DE, one of those is "you are extremely bad at teamfighting, and 99.9% of the time if you teamfight, you are going to just be wasting time you could spend more effectively elsewhere". A basic lesson most new Deadeyes learn within 5 games, yet a lesson you have somehow managed to not learn despite claiming to have played it. 

Again, moving goalposts. Ok so its "dominant in the roaming role". Lets actually correct it and call it the decap and +1 role, roaming is a slightly different thing. Now tell me ... what other professions can fulfill that role? Because thats a thief role, because no one has thieves mobility. And what flavour of thief takes it doesnt really matter. Itll always just be thief. Calling that dominant is silly. 

But if you were so confident about that why should some of these other things you're saying be trusted? You seem to treasure confidence and being able to boldly say anything you want... Perhaps you are taking this too seriously. I have noticed you have 3.1k posts on these forums which is quite an impressive number. 

I don't think you'll listen to any case no matter who, or how well it's made. You keep bringing up the same things that I've told you I agree with you on, directed you to where you were confused about them, and you just don't seem to remember any of it and I need to keep on saying it for you. 

People grief all the time in ranked. They will run out of that radius lmao. I watch for whether or not someone has mag aura pretty consistently and I see it all the time. You said tempest and such made you completely unviable in teamfights. All it does is make you wanna roam and +1 / decap a bit more but you will still be doing some teamfighting and you can still generate momentum through that route. 

DE is good at teamfighting in certain situations. You can do it and carry great success. It's that simple. If you start to get around your body-blocking issue you'll experience it for yourself, too. 

I've told you how I counter tempests. What about that tells you I don't understand basic fundamentals of the matchup? You're talking about how you can't do anything to tempsts but again, that's because you dump your shots into other people in front of your target and because of that, probably don't watch for who has projectile hate and who doesn't, either. There's no shame in admitting that gw2s combat can be confusing. We've all experienced it - the moment of not knowing whats going on in a teamfight when we were less experienced. We can understand you. Boyce was talking about how one of the reasons gw2 esports didn't take off was probably due to the number of skills going off on your screen and how confusing it would seem to new players / viewers in addition to some other stuff a few months back. 

Winning is about knowing your role and when to be flexible. You can't just run far or sit on a point and think you're gonna win the game doing that. Roles tell you what you need to be doing most of the time. The rest is for you to figure out. 

You speak of limitations, yet you find body blocking tough to get around. Thats, again, because you're pressing your buttons when they're up and not paying attention to who or what is in front of you. 

Go on... You can say more about your definition of dominate and what you think I'm thinking about you... It's quite entertaining. :3 

So, what is your argument? In your original post you called deadeye bad... You slowly came to realize that you were wrong about that... Do you want thief to have more teamfight oriented specs and less mobility-oriented specs? I could agree with that... 

Edited by ImBach.9013

But if you were so confident about that why should some of these other things you're saying be trusted? You seem to treasure confidence and being able to boldly say anything you want... Perhaps you are taking this too seriously. I have noticed you have 3.1k posts on these forums which is quite an impressive number. 

Because unlike the other things, this is a pure memory situation. Also, Ive been playing the game, and using these forums, for 8 years. 3.1k is not a lot by that metric.

I don't think you'll listen to any case no matter who, or how well it's made. You keep bringing up the same things that I've told you I agree with you on, directed you to where you were confused about them, and you just don't seem to remember any of it and I need to keep on saying it for you. 

It wouldnt be the first wrong thing you'll believe, and I doubt it would be the last. Believe what you want to believe, it wont change the facts. And no, you keep bringing up the same things that I explained to you why youre wrong on, over and over, and seem to think that Im "just confused" because you keep forgetting that.

People grief all the time in ranked. They will run out of that radius lmao. I watch for whether or not someone has mag aura pretty consistently and I see it all the time. You said tempest and such made you completely unviable in teamfights. All it does is make you wanna roam and +1 / decap a bit more but you will still be doing some teamfighting and you can still generate momentum through that route. 

Sure, if theyre griefing. But yknow, if an enemy player is griefing, you could be playing Core Grenade Engineer and you'd win. Games where there is someone griefing just dont matter to the conversaion. No, I said Tempest contributes to you being terrible at teamfighting, which is why you will roam and +1 or decap. You will not be doing teamfighting unless the game has gone really poorly or you are a bad player who doesnt understand the class.

DE is good at teamfighting. You can do it and carry great success. It's that simple. If you start to get around your body-blocking issue you'll experience it for yourself, too. 

DE is terrible at teamfighting. You can do it and you will have no success unless the rest of your team can carry you. Its that simple. Look, on the offchance that you werent lying when you said you played DE, its pretty clear you were just hard carried by your teammates, and as a result did not even notice that you were playing incorrectly and contributing very little. Try playing some more, maybe your luck will run out, and you will experience what actual DE teamfights are like.

I've told you how I counter tempests. What about that tells you I don't understand basic fundamentals of the matchup?

No you havent. Not that you would be able to do so, because you cant counter tempests. The fact that you think that you can "counter tempests" tells me that you dont understand the basic fundamentals of the matchups.

You're talking about how you can't do anything to tempsts but again, that's because you dump your shots into other people in front of your target and because of that, probably don't watch for who has projectile hate and who doesn't, either.

No. I know that you cant do anything against Tempests because unlike you, a player who either lied about playing the class, or did play the class, but was extremely bad it, did not understand the most basic fundamentals, and was completely dead weight that had to be hard carried by much better players playing essentially a 4v5, I do understand the class. Ok, you watch the projectile hate. Now what? You wait the 10 seconds during which you cant do anything? You jump in and get blown up because DE has pretty much no defenses? Yeah good luck with that.

There's no shame in admitting that gw2s combat can be confusing. We've all experienced it - the moment of not knowing whats going on in a teamfight when we were less experienced. We can understand you. Boyce was talking about how one of the reasons gw2 esports didn't take off was probably due to the number of skills going off on your screen and how confusing it would seem to new players / viewers in addition to some other stuff a few months back. 

You know, you should listen to your own words sometimes. Look, there is no shame in admitting that you dont know DE at all. There is however shame in talkign confidently about DE while not knowing it at all. There is no shame in being an extremely bad DE who had to be super hard carried by much better players (ok, there is some shame in it, but shhh). But there is shame in trying to pretend you were a good player, and presenting the accomplishments of others despite you as your accomplishments.

Winning is about knowing your role and when to be flexible. You can't just run far or sit on a point and think you're gonna win the game doing that. Roles tell you what you need to be doing most of the time. The rest is for you to figure out. 

You speak of limitations, yet you find body blocking tough to get around. Thats, again, because you're pressing your buttons when they're up and not paying attention to who or what is in front of you. 

And being flexible includes knowing what not to do. If you bend your main gameplan, if you stray too far, you risk breaking it. You cant just assume that you can just do anything even if the role doesnt do it because of "Flexibility". And the fact that you continue to take something I mentioned as an issue that comes up, which is objectively true, and try to make it out as if I said it was a central issue, really shows how weak your case is. You are desperately clutching at straws. 

Go on... You can say more about your definition of dominate and what you think I'm thinking about you... It's quite entertaining. :3 

So, what is your argument? In your original post you called deadeye bad... You slowly came to realize that you were wrong about that... Do you want thief to have more teamfight oriented specs and less mobility-oriented specs? I could agree with that... 

I never said that Deadeye was bad. From the very start. I said that Deadeye was bad at teamfighting, a fact that you came to realise you were wrong about, then decided to double down anyway and try to pretend it isnt. You claimed Deadeye would be dominant, then when you realised it obviously wouldnt be, you moved your goalposts and said that it would be "dominant in the role that only it fulfills". Are you done yet?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Because unlike the other things, this is a pure memory situation. Also, Ive been playing the game, and using these forums, for 8 years. 3.1k is not a lot by that metric.

It wouldnt be the first wrong thing you'll believe, and I doubt it would be the last. Believe what you want to believe, it wont change the facts. And no, you keep bringing up the same things that I explained to you why youre wrong on, over and over, and seem to think that Im "just confused" because you keep forgetting that.

Sure, if theyre griefing. But yknow, if an enemy player is griefing, you could be playing Core Grenade Engineer and you'd win. Games where there is someone griefing just dont matter to the conversaion. No, I said Tempest contributes to you being terrible at teamfighting, which is why you will roam and +1 or decap. You will not be doing teamfighting unless the game has gone really poorly or you are a bad player who doesnt understand the class.

DE is terrible at teamfighting. You can do it and you will have no success unless the rest of your team can carry you. Its that simple. Look, on the offchance that you werent lying when you said you played DE, its pretty clear you were just hard carried by your teammates, and as a result did not even notice that you were playing incorrectly and contributing very little. Try playing some more, maybe your luck will run out, and you will experience what actual DE teamfights are like.

No you havent. Not that you would be able to do so, because you cant counter tempests. The fact that you think that you can "counter tempests" tells me that you dont understand the basic fundamentals of the matchups.

No. I know that you cant do anything against Tempests because unlike you, a player who either lied about playing the class, or did play the class, but was extremely bad it, did not understand the most basic fundamentals, and was completely dead weight that had to be hard carried by much better players playing essentially a 4v5, I do understand the class. Ok, you watch the projectile hate. Now what? You wait the 10 seconds during which you cant do anything? You jump in and get blown up because DE has pretty much no defenses? Yeah good luck with that.

You know, you should listen to your own words sometimes. Look, there is no shame in admitting that you dont know DE at all. There is however shame in talkign confidently about DE while not knowing it at all. There is no shame in being an extremely bad DE who had to be super hard carried by much better players (ok, there is some shame in it, but shhh). But there is shame in trying to pretend you were a good player, and presenting the accomplishments of others despite you as your accomplishments.

And being flexible includes knowing what not to do. If you bend your main gameplan, if you stray too far, you risk breaking it. You cant just assume that you can just do anything even if the role doesnt do it because of "Flexibility". And the fact that you continue to take something I mentioned as an issue that comes up, which is objectively true, and try to make it out as if I said it was a central issue, really shows how weak your case is. You are desperately clutching at straws. 

I never said that Deadeye was bad. From the very start. I said that Deadeye was bad at teamfighting, a fact that you came to realise you were wrong about, then decided to double down anyway and try to pretend it isnt. You claimed Deadeye would be dominant, then when you realised it obviously wouldnt be, you moved your goalposts and said that it would be "dominant in the role that only it fulfills". Are you done yet?

I don't know about you, but I can pretty accurately determine whether or not I remember something and if I don't have a lot of confidence in it... I can go back to make sure or just say "I think this might be the case." Perhaps it's too much confidence on your part. I've played this game for 3 years and this is the longest I think I've ever talked with anyone on these forums... Forums aren't really my kinda stride usually. After this it'll probably be another few months / years before I comment on something again xD. 

You can say I am wrong but I'm pretty sure I hit the nail on the head with that comment. You're pretty confused and just want to be a good deadeye player because you play a lot of thief. 

No, you couldn't. And good players grief, too. Plenty of plat1s grief quite often and occasionally you'll still catch plat2s messing up a good amount. Lots of people in the mode, even some really low-ranked players, seem to think that they carry infinite wisdom about gw2's combat and their class (because they're too attached to it). There's also players who seem to think that gw2s combat is an objective statement with no flexibility... hence why you get some people just constantly running and inting far because "they're a side-noder" kinda like those people who will sit on a node and tell their team to "get on node" whilst just sitting there and watching the fight. 

You'll be teamfighting if you see a good opportunity. Just how it works. And you can have good success with it. You being unable to do that is just like the case of you having issues with body-blocking. You do what needs to be done. You can try that first teamfight and if its apparent it's not going anywhere or people start getting downed you just leave and go do other things. And there are some games, where if you recognize they've got just too good of a bunker, you can instantly go far. 

You can play around tempests. You don't counter tempests. They counter you. But you can play around them just not being a top-tier player. They're not going to block you out of the game and teamfights like you think they are. You don't just play around the roles of the gamemode, you play around the fact that everyone else, just like you, are a human. People are going to make mistakes either because they aren't paying attention or they're new. I know a good portion of people who just play ranked games for legendaries and you'll get them even if you're high ranked, as you probably know (maybe? xD). 

I grouped up with some peeps for a p2+ tourny and got told by an EU player that I played a real good deadeye a while back... Might mean something to you, might not. If you don't believe what I tell you, maybe you'll have faith in others? Or possibly think that I am lying about that? I could understand given you don't seem to trust others very much and have a lot of confidence in yourself. 

Almost all of my games were in p1 with a portion in p2 on chronomemer + deadeye xD... Why do you continue to insist that I'm actually bad? Are you trolling me perhaps? You wouldn't list your rank no matter how much I asked for it... Perhaps you're afraid of me looking up your name? If you're on NA I've never seen you on the leaderboards even in the top 100 (for what little that means) - I can say that much. 

You talk about shame like you know what that is... You completely misstated that willbender was spammed 2-3+ times per team in the MAT after I told you that wasn't the case... and then I had to link you to it for you to believe me... Man... Idk... 3.1k posts is quite a lot. 

Flexibility implies breaking away from the main gameplan as needed. Breaking it as needed isn't going to cause you to start only breaking rules only unless you're wishy-washy. 

You did say that you were having trouble with body blocking. The only time I've ever had trouble with body blocking was when I first tried DE when I was starting out. For some reason, it just seemed like all my projectiles would hit other people... And then I realized that it was a personal issue and that I could avoid that by just not spamming a button into the wrong person. It is a central issue, and that singular issue pretty much says how much attention you pay to things around you. 

I claimed deadeye would be dominant and then you started talking about your definition of dominant and in the end, I had to change my wording to "strong" to make you less upset xD. I wouldn't be too proud of that if I were you. 

Edited by ImBach.9013
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Everything good, just watch/be ready to hotfix:

*distortion on virt. Its already a good duelist, the only thing keeping it out of meta is it being slow. Instead of this,   perhaps visit  portal entre/exunt cd? 

*sneak gyro on scrapper. You may wanna give it a better uptime if the well is stationary.

Very well done on zerker, thief, torment, mallyx, and holo changes. Looking forward to that patch. All around instant classic.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:34 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

?

What do you mean? Activates instantly means zerk mode has no cast time/cannot be interrupted. If it activated on its own, there would be no need to assign an f2 key to it.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2