The problem of balance

noneHotBuildTest.7251

Engineer isn't overpowered in a PvP setting, but Engi has continued to be a dominant force in PvP !
There has no practically everything is too good in PvP.

In my experience, 99% of claims that something should be banned because it's too powerful are just wrong.

That said, 1% of the time, there's something that's actually too powerful.
But, again, That's a No-Skill Way to Play a GAME! This whay we should nerf engi.

You can ez find multiple engi in bronze tier, fight off point and kill around look like dummies. 

It also work at top rating...
One of top pvper proof it work.
But it's too ez to play.
Spudzie:

Just like Teapot say:
"That just not fun! just not good to have like that's no way to have you class using like 70% of your resource to use 1 skill"

There have no fun a pvp game with 2 engi, like monkey fight, the best way to balance engi is put to death.
And a class need skill to play like ele most get better reward, downstate meta is not ok.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Engineer isn't overpowered in a PvP setting, but Engi has continued to be a dominant force in PvP !
There has no practically everything is too good in PvP.

In my experience, 99% of claims that something should be banned because it's too powerful are just wrong.

That said, 1% of the time, there's something that's actually too powerful.
But, again, That's a No-Skill Way to Play a ENGI! This whay we should nerf engi.

You can ez find multiple engi in bronze tier, fight off point and kill around look like dummies. 

It also work at top rating...
One of top pvper proof it work.
But it's too ez to play.
Spudzie:

Just like Teapot say:
"That just not fun! just not good to have like that's no way to have you class using like 70% of your resource to use 1 skill"

There have no fun a pvp game with 2 engi, like monkey fight, the best way to balance engi is put to death.
And a class need skill to play like ele most get better reward, downstate meta is not ok.

Am I the only one that thinks that rifle engie is bad...... It is squishy,its 100% projectilebased and lacks cleanse....  Anything that has good burst, like a Soulbeast or Herald, or poops weakness like necros, or has projectiledenial like Guardians and eles, will completly steamroll it.

If i see a rifleengie in the enemy team i already know this Game is a win.

I am speaking from a Tempest perspective... which poops reflects... but i still think that this build is to easily countered to really be viable in anything higher than gold. If your Team has a good Tempest... the Engie will melt itself.....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

And a class need skill to play like ele must get better reward, downstate meta is not ok.

wait till you find out that Ele is actually one of the strongest professions for pvp currently.....

Cata goes BOOOONK, Supporttempest took the spot from Coreguard... and Bruiser Fire/Earth/tempest is pretty much unkillable for anything thats not a BeamSpecter...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Am I the only one that thinks that rifle engie is bad...... It is squishy,its 100% projectilebased and lacks cleanse....  Anything that has good burst, like a Soulbeast or Herald, or poops weakness like necros, or has projectiledenial like Guardians and eles, will completly steamroll it.

If i see a rifleengie in the enemy team i already know this Game is a win.

I am speaking from a Tempest perspective... which poops reflects... but i still think that this build is to easily countered to really be viable in anything higher than gold. If your Team has a good Tempest... the Engie will melt itself.....

No, youre right, it is bad. Engineer as a whole is the worst class, and Mechanist is not even the best Engineer spec. Thats Holo, again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The Engi you are running there has no ranged options.  I run alchemy and explosives scrapper as well, but I substitute mortar for the invisible gyro, otherwise there will be whole games where you basically are AOE spammed out of effectiveness.  Once you run that at a high tier they'll CC the crap out of you and you'll not be able to bring the gyros to bear because of the AOE spam on contested points.

9 hours ago, DtenCfour.3567 said:

Which needs to be NERFED!

"nerf tempest so we are back to "Coreguard-only""

The ammount of reflects that Tempest can dish out is the same since they release Tempest.... Only now they have released a wagonload of specs and weapons that are heavily projectilebased... Tempest is now the best and most viable counter to this new meta....     

....conclusion......  NERF TEMPEST! 😡

as soon as people realize that the current meta is heavily projectilebased and that people are catching up on it and spamming projectilehate.... the meta will shift again towards more "meelefocused" or "nonprojectile ranged" builds. Give it time, instead of crying for a nerf to the most viable counter to the current meta.

Ever thought about the fact that maybe its to many projectiles.... which forces this "reflect and projectilehate spam"?

People are crying about rifleengie, harbinger, Bsw, Cata SOOO MUCH.... and Tempest is the best counter to those things..... conclusion: NERF TEMPEST!

A Healty meta has distinct hardcounters, which keep other builds in check. Tempest keeps the other projectilespamming builds like rifle engie in check. If you have a good supporttempest and the enemy has a rifleengie.... the engie will melt himself, which makes picking this build a risky decision. Things like that keep this balance intact.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

"nerf tempest so we are back to "Coreguard-only""

The ammount of reflects that Tempest can dish out is the same since they release Tempest.... Only now they have released a wagonload of specs and weapons that are heavily projectilebased... Tempest is now the best and most viable counter to this new meta....     

....conclusion......  NERF TEMPEST! 😡

as soon as people realize that the current meta is heavily projectilebased and that people are catching up on it and spamming projectilehate.... the meta will shift again towards more "meelefocused" or "nonprojectile ranged" builds. Give it time, instead of crying for a nerf to the most viable counter to the current meta.

Ever thought about the fact that maybe its to many projectiles.... which forces this "reflect and projectilehate spam"?

People are crying about rifleengie, harbinger, Bsw, Cata SOOO MUCH.... and Tempest is the best counter to those things..... conclusion: NERF TEMPEST!

A Healty meta has distinct hardcounters, which keep other builds in check. Tempest keeps the other projectilespamming builds like rifle engie in check. If you have a good supporttempest and the enemy has a rifleengie.... the engie will melt himself, which makes picking this build a risky decision. Things like that keep this balance intact.

I'm a Engi main, and when the meta change tempest pop up, I immediately take my hammer scrapper back.

I don't know why rifle engie became a thing , lot of ppl like it or hate it.

It performance not good as any engi build but ppl still love it,

And then balance patch has come, the fire rate has be Increase but the DPS still low as usual.

Everyone mad about that patch, It's a PVE patch but you can see how may ppl keep spamming "ENGI OP! PLS NERF" in PVP .

I don't know where is the fury came from.

Nowadays, Mech not even good at PVE (yeah, 27k dps auto build is simple but not good as averages dps build) and ppl still complaint about it, I just feel sad.

I guess next patch when the engi finally death in any game mode ppl will start complaint about "ELE OP! PLS NERF", there have some hater are starting spamming that, and maybe that's balance work.

Edited by freakcoco.4287
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

I'm a Engi main, and when the meta change tempest pop up, I immediately take my hammer scrapper back.

And then balance patch has come, the fire rate has be Increase but the DPS still low as usual.

Everyone mad about that patch, It's a PVE patch but you can see how may ppl keep spamming "ENGI OP! PLS NERF" in PVP .

Nowadays, Mech not even good at PVE (yeah, 27k dps auto build is simple but not good as averages dps build) and ppl still complaint about it, I just feel sad.

I guess next patch when the engi finally death in any game mode ppl will start complaint about "ELE OP! PLS NERF", there have some hater are starting spamming that, and maybe that's balance work.

people love it, cuz its ez to play. So people that are.... bad..... suddenly perform quite good.

and people hate it, cuz its ez to play. They die to it, and instead of seeking the problem in their own gameplay they go : braindead no skill pew pew hurrrdurrr!! Engie dominant force! 😡

The people complaining about rifleengie can normally be found in gold 1 and below that. i bet all my money that if we ask op what elo he is playing in, the answer will be silver.

Edited by Sahne.6950

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, freakcoco.4287 said:

You are right, rifle scrapper OP, and hammer make scrapper even MORE OP.

Engineer has continued to be a dominant force in PvP, Please consider nerf it ASAP.

• Confused 2

On 9/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, freakcoco.4287 said:

The problem on it is not rifle or reflect, it's superspeed.

A engi have permanent superspeed , let it can chosee who they wont to fight with.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:18 PM, miriforst.1290 said:

Can the mods merge the dozens of noneHotBuildTest threads to a single megathread or something given that it's the same topic over and over and over again? At this point it's worse than most spambots.

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts"
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

That's has no "Duplicate Posts", all of it talk about different problem of engi, and you cannnot merge different post together.

You can, when they together sum up to about the entirety of engineer. You revive any post complaining about any aspect be it skill or spec, and that is in addition to the threads you start yourself.

At that point the thru line is "I do not like that the engineer class exists in this game, and removing it will "Make my pve Ele build Great Again"", and so all of your posts fit that context.

Edited by miriforst.1290
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

The problem on it is not rifle or reflect, it's superspeed.

A engi have permanent superspeed , let it can chosee who they wont to fight with.

2 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content" or "Duplicate Posts"
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

That's has no "Duplicate Posts", all of it talk about different problem of engi, and you cannnot merge different post together.

it is literally duplicate posts.

Every active Thread in the pvp and wvw forums contains post of you where you are talking  the same overexxagerated, biased crap about engineer.

You are throwing around words like "oneshot" and then link a million random videos of which none actually showed any oneshots.

You were literally posting the same video in 6 diffrent threads.... idk how that is not duplicate posts. And when i told you about it, you changed all those videos, to some random videos of unranked from 5 balancepatches ago.

allisvain.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1