THEY DID IT THEY DID IT THEY DID IT

Azure The Heartless.3261

24 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Guys, question for you:

The new defense trait gives resistance on dodge roll.

Now, say you are immobilized. Does this mean you cannot dodge, and therefore cannot gain resistance? Or will you gain resistance immediately on trying to dodge, thereby "resisting" the immobilize? 

My guess is that you wouldn't be able to dodge and thus cannot proc the trait, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if I am wrong.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

My guess is that you wouldn't be able to dodge and thus cannot proc the trait, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if I am wrong.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. Resistance on dodge is still really good, but if it got you out of immobilize, too, it could be a reasonable alternative to warrior sprint. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. Resistance on dodge is still really good, but if it got you out of immobilize, too, it could be a reasonable alternative to warrior sprint. 

Resistance on dodge is going to be great against  blind and weakness spam, and there's another layer of added damage mitigation now that cull the weak doesn't suck and procs on burst skills Very stoked for Aggressive onslaught though, that's going to be wild since it'll stack movement speed modifiers, making celerity sigil/rage Sigil a great choice.  

5 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Resistance on dodge is going to be great against  blind and weakness spam, and there's another layer of added damage mitigation now that cull the weak doesn't suck and procs on burst skills Very stoked for Aggressive onslaught though, that's going to be wild since it'll stack movement speed modifiers, making celerity sigil/rage Sigil a great choice.  

Yeah, strength/defense is going to be great regardless of warrior espec or core you run.

58 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Guys, question for you:

The new defense trait gives resistance on dodge roll.

Now, say you are immobilized. Does this mean you cannot dodge, and therefore cannot gain resistance? Or will you gain resistance immediately on trying to dodge, thereby "resisting" the immobilize? 

If it works like any other on dodge trait, you get no boons if you cannot dodge due to immobilize. So if you are dealing with something like entangle, you will have to dodge preemptively.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

If it works like any other on dodge trait, you get no boons if you cannot dodge due to immobilize. So if you are dealing with something like entangle, you will have to dodge preemptively.

Ok, thanks. That's what I was afraid of. Still a really good change to the trait, but it does stink a little that you can't use it reactively to counter one of the things it is meant to counter. 

33 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Yeah the non-bladesworn stuff was mostly good. Bladesworn sucks since they removed the shout crutch it had, but didnt make gunsaber worth using, spellbreakers counter still does 0 damage making Revenge Counter a joke of a trait, but the core and zerker stuff was good. I wish it wasnt the only good part though. Oh and Earthshakers damage is still far too low, it should be a lot higher. For some reason they decided to double down on "CC skills should do no damage" despite that particular experiment being an unmitigated failure.

CMC mentioned that changing tactical reload this way opens up the warrior changes since they don't have to worry about how BS interacts with core too much and also changing skills on the rest of BS if it just tumble in pvp non existence at a later date. 
For Spellbreaker they are waiting to see what will happen with the Defense rework, and it really needs PVE rework and these updates are PVP focused, maybe they will give it a reason to exist in PVE like they did now with the berserker rework for pvp. 
Personally I think they should stop with the whole BUFF DAMAGE on spellbreaker for PVE since it just doesn't really have a point to be taken over Berserker or Bladesworn because of its main mechanic FC not helping much and change up its utility to make something like scrapper High utility Medium damage. 

24 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

CMC mentioned that changing tactical reload this way opens up the warrior changes since they don't have to worry about how BS interacts with core too much and also changing skills on the rest of BS if it just tumble in pvp non existence at a later date. 
For Spellbreaker they are waiting to see what will happen with the Defense rework, and it really needs PVE rework and these updates are PVP focused, maybe they will give it a reason to exist in PVE like they did now with the berserker rework for pvp. 
Personally I think they should stop with the whole BUFF DAMAGE on spellbreaker for PVE since it just doesn't really have a point to be taken over Berserker or Bladesworn because of its main mechanic FC not helping much and change up its utility to make something like scrapper High utility Medium damage. 

Yeah he claimed it would open up warrior changes. And yet this patch has none at all. And sure, theyre claiming theyll just buff it later, but given their history, "later" is anywhere between "in a few months" to "in a few years" to "never actually lmao get rekt". 

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Extra damage on spellbreaker still helps, but to really see play it really needs some sort of clearly defined role that isn't damage (because it's going to be hard for it to compete with berserker and bladesworn on damage).

Pleasantly surprised. Still a lot of room for improvement, though.

Signet of Rage and Earthshaker especially come to mind.

In general, while the buffs are welcomed, I don't see this making Spb/Core/Zerk a competitive pick in games against plat+ players. Not until ranges on skills are fixed and aftercasts removed.

4 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I hope all of this is true. I haven't been able to watch the stream in full yet, but was this mentioned anywhere, at all? With mentions of support Spellbreaker in patch comments and them not really touching Spellbreaker traits or skills, it feels like they're waiting to fully rework it.

I'm reminded of the recent Paladin damage increase in FFXIV recently, but they specifically stated it was a bandaid until they can rework it in a later patch. It'd be nice if they communicated that with Spellbreaker, whether a rework is coming or not and when (I'm hoping November). It really lacks an identity other than more damage, which is covered much better by Bladesworn and Berserker. And boonstrip doesn't really compare in PvE, while other professions can do one better in PvP. Why has Sight Beyond Sight, Imminent Threat, and Natural Healing staid the way they are for so long? I'll throw WoD in there, too 'cause it only really sees use in Zergs, right? And why does nothing have synergy with Meditations in the SpB trait line?

I hope they're planning on something for Spellbreaker soon that's not just number changes. =/

Edited by solo.1279