Hypothetical Poll - How long should it take to craft a set of Open World Legendary Armor?

A Hamster.2580

Time gate for hypothetical open world legendary armor  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How long should a set of open world legendary armor take at the absolute minimum? Please read the assumptions and notes in the post below this poll before voting!

• There should not be any open world legendary armor!
    • The open world legendary armor should take 0-5 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 5-7 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 7-9 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 9-11 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 11-13 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 13-15 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 15-17 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 17-19 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 19-21 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 21-23 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 23-25 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 25-27 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 27-29 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 29-31 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 31-33 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 33-35 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 35-37 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 37-39 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take more than 39 weeks minimum.

16 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

And even if they should introduce Open World legendary armor you still won't get to pick and choose.

For example everyone will learn about a bug that has been around since launch which stalls the whole event(chain) and block progress for most people. Then we have people complaining about being unable to choose their instance in order to avoid the bug 😛

19 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Because there is no "forcing" on a optional reward. It is not reasonable to assure you will like every aspect of farming a certain reward. I would like them to remove all the Jumping Puzzles from the legendary trinkets but rest assured they're not going anywhere.

I think there's a bit of a difference here.  Jumping Puzzles, even if hated, take maybe a few hours to complete?  Conversely we're talking about entire game modes that take hours and weeks of commitment for the armours.

That said, rather than remove JPs from the trinkets, I'd much rather they add other avenues people can take if they don't like them.  I see no reason not to have multiple ways to acquire trinkets, so everyone can enjoy playing the game in the way they want (as is being argued for in adding Open World armour).

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

That said, rather than remove JPs from the trinkets, I'd much rather they add other avenues people can take if they don't like them.  I see no reason not to have multiple ways to acquire trinkets, so everyone can enjoy playing the game in the way they want (as is being argued for in adding Open World armour).

No thanks. Then the next one will come and he only likes festivals, so they should add legendary weapons, trinkets and armor to festivals? And maybe he only likes winters day, should they add every legendary item to that festival? 
And another one only wants to do guild missions. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Jumping Puzzles, even if hated, take maybe a few hours to complete?  Conversely we're talking about entire game modes that take hours and weeks of commitment for the armours.

Same people in different posts: but it's not about time and effort! 

4 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

And, again: Want more rewards, play through more of the game's content. Getting full legendary gear should require people to branch out into multiple modes. People not wanting to do that can easly keep playing the game with exotics/ascended gear.

btw. I find this interesting that you continuing this discussion is no longer considered derailing, which is what you've called it 4 posts above. I'm seriously a little baffled here.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Same people in different posts: but it's not about time and effort! 

And, again: Want more rewards, play through more of the game's content. Getting full legendary gear should require people to branch out into multiple modes. People not wanting to do that can easly keep playing the game with exotics/ascended gear.

btw. I find this interesting that you continuing this discussion is no longer considered derailing, which is what you've called it 4 posts above. I'm seriously a little baffled here.

Okay, I'm going to respond to this because you've asked twice, and apparently my intent wasn't clear.

Politely, I was specifically referring to conversations between you and I on this topic not being productive.  I was not making a general claim.

One example of this is that, despite having spent dozens of posts on this, you still somehow think I'm concerned about time and effort.  In the post you just quoted, the point I was making was comparing spending a few hours doing something boring (JPs, for that poster), versus weeks doing something boring (WvW/PvP/Raiding for at least some Open Worlders).  It is not that spending time and effort is a problem, it is that spending (a lot of) time and effort doing something you don't enjoy is a problem.  This is a game.  It should be fun.

I do not know why I have failed to communicate the difference in these two things to you, but it does not seem like a worthwhile endeavour for me to try again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

57 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I think there's a bit of a difference here.  Jumping Puzzles, even if hated, take maybe a few hours to complete?  Conversely we're talking about entire game modes that take hours and weeks of commitment for the armours.

You would have a point if that's all we needed for the legendary, except that's only one thing on a long list of things one has to do. I mean I could have rattled off an exhaustive list of things I don't want to do, but that would be pretty pointless and would add up to many, many hours.

Point is, this never ends, because some people will like something and others don't. And no matter what you do it's going to take hours and weeks of commitment.

57 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I can assure you, regardless of how many legendary sets will get released in the future, this will never happen.

Almost every non-weapon legendary focuses on a certain kind of content. And that makes sense; they want to draw players to do a certain type of content.

Aurora = LS s3

Vision = LS s4

Amulet = All of LS 2-5, but this is effectively LS5.

Gen 2 legendaries are HoT themed, Gen 3s are EoD themed.

Even Gen 1 legendaries which are extremely general, required you to do dungeons though it can be bypassed by buying.

So the idea they're going to release some kind of vaguely themed legendary to reward people for doing things they do anyways is pretty unlikely.

I would focus on the upcoming Ls6, if you want any chance.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

In the post you just quoted, the point I was making was comparing spending a few hours doing something boring (JPs, for that poster), versus weeks doing something boring (WvW/PvP/Raiding for at least some Open Worlders).

This takes longer than that, this is boring, that is something else... (or, to quote it right from the previous post I commented on: "Jumping Puzzles, even if hated, take maybe a few hours to complete?" -hating something doesn't automatically mean it's due to being boring, not even close)

You're describing time and effort contributors of the acquirement methods. So yeah, I've commented exactly on what it is, that's the point.

This is a game.  It should be fun.

It is fun and the players are free to indefinitely engage in whatever content they want, ""even"" without those optional rewards. Let's say it together again: due to how legendary gear works in this game, lack of it doesn't lock you out of any content you want to play.

Politely, I was specifically referring to conversations between you and I on this topic not being productive.  I was not making a general claim.

Ah, then I was fooled by your response to @NotTooFoolish.7412 (who didn't even quote you), where you've already said "I don't want to derail this thread with another debate on whether Open World should have armour". So I took the words for what they were. Just wanted to make sure it's clear this discussion seems to be perfectly in line with the poll in this thread.

From my perspective it sure looks like a convenient take on a ""discussion"" where we can just skip "why" or "if" and go straight to "so how are we doing it?" in order to show there's some general agreement on the topic.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Point is, this never ends, because some people will like something and others don't. And no matter what you do it's going to take hours and weeks of commitment.

Technically that means the people who say everyone should given a free set of legendaries is correct since that means everyone can avoid all the things they don't like doing. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Technically that means the people who say everyone should given a free set of legendaries is correct since that means everyone can avoid all the things they don't like doing. 😛

Unless of course, they hate legendary items, because they make all the ascended they have obsolete. Then they will demand compensation for all the ascended they made.

If only I were making this up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Because the devs can balance your pve opponents to their liking and they can't do the same with opponents that are, you know, other players. Hence the pretty obvious difference in reward systems between the modes.

Due to how this game works and what it's balanced around, there's no "should" here. Play more of the game's content to get more rewards or don't and keep playing with exotics/ascended gear perfectly fine.

No, it's not. People can do what they want and check lfg once in a while to stumble into training/no req squads. Someone's "time to game being unpredictable" still -just like in the last thread about it- doesn't change much here.

So you're saying because raid mode exists and you'd be okay with doing them if you were a PvE'er, it's okay for WvW and PvP players to get legendary armor playing the game they ALWAYS play, where PvE players, most of whom don't raid, have to jump through hoops.  It's okay because you find it okay.

I wonder how many people walked away from this game because they wanted legendary armor, didn't want to raid and got burned out trying to get it from WvW or PvP.   I was almost in that boat. Not that I left the game I just cut my hours down significantly and stopped caring as much and certainly have spent a lot less in the gem store, because you know, if I buy a game, I want to have fun.

Saying it's okay because you think it's okay isn't an answer. Saying WvW and PvP people need to have rewards anyone can do, but PvE people rewards need to be skill based is not an answer either. Any fair-minded person would see a problem here. 

It would be different if the bulk of this playerbase was PvPers, but I strongly suspect the bulk of the playerbase is PvE'ers and most of them, I strongly suspect, don't raid and don't want to.  Why would anyone thing forcing people into game modes they dont' like for extended periods is a good idea?  It's like saying we're giving out great rewards at restaurant just for eating here, as long as you keep coming here and order and eating stuff you don't like, for the next couple of years. It's a ludicrous assertion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Because there is no "forcing" on a optional reward. It is not reasonable to assure that you will like every aspect of farming a certain reward. I would like them to remove all the Jumping Puzzles from the legendary trinkets but rest assured they're not going anywhere.

Also not contributing is also a user choice too. Just because you don't want to be here is not an excuse for leeching.  Back when I used to do pvp dailies I would at least try to do something even if I didn't really like it. It's disrespectful to everyone else involved in pvp, raids, strikes, fractals,  wvw, meta events  just because you're making it about yourself.

And even if they should introduce Open World legendary armor you still won't get to pick and choose.

No one is forcing anyone to continue playing either.  Sure the reward is optional. It's also free skin switches. It's also not having to gear up to mess around with builds.  It's a big quality of life jump for some people. 

The point is PvP and WvW players get to do what they always do, but most PvE players don't raid and yet this is what they have to do. If you were largely an open world player and you saw that disparity, you'd could very well be annoyed and some people will be angry.  Which means some people will walk away from the game or play less, or try to jump into WvW or PvP and burn out and play less or walk away. This is what happened to me. I personally stopped caring quite as much about the game as I did, and I stopped spending as much money as I did, because I was less happy with the game.

Let it be fair. If you're going to force me into a game mode I don't like, after letting me get legendary trinkets and legendary amulet and legendary weapons and saying, no if you want the rest, jump through hoops  you don't enjoy for an extended period of time, I'm likely to give you an answer you don't want.

It would be different if, as I strongly suspect, the bulk of the playerbase are open world PvE players predominantly.  But you know, it's okay because you think it's okay. It's made me personally enjoy the game considerably less.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

So you're saying because raid mode exists and you'd be okay with doing them if you were a PvE'er, it's okay for WvW and PvP players to get legendary armor playing the game they ALWAYS play, where PvE players, most of whom don't raid, have to jump through hoops.  It's okay because you find it okay.

I'm saying what I did, I play many modes, I didn't play raids in the past, largely because of the nonsensical fearmongering on this forum, but I was fine with not going for it since I understood well I don't need it for anything. At some point I thought I can try going for something more, so I started playing raids and got the pve armor 🤷‍♂️ So yes, not only I'm saying I would be fine with it, but I'm also saying that I was and still am fine with it. What exactly is the issue?

Yup, raids are pve and if pve player wants to get the armor from pve, they can still pve and get what they want. It won't be zerging a world boss, but it will still be a proper set of pve encounters.

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I wonder how many people walked away from this game because they wanted legendary armor, didn't want to raid and got burned out trying to get it from WvW or PvP.   I was almost in that boat. Not that I left the game I just cut my hours down significantly and stopped caring as much and certainly have spent a lot less in the gem store, because you know, if I buy a game, I want to have fun.

Saying it's okay because you think it's okay isn't an answer. Saying WvW and PvP people need to have rewards anyone can do, but PvE people rewards need to be skill based is not an answer either. Any fair-minded person would see a problem here. 

It would be different if the bulk of this playerbase was PvPers, but I strongly suspect the bulk of the playerbase is PvE'ers and most of them, I strongly suspect, don't raid and don't want to.  Why would anyone thing forcing people into game modes they dont' like for extended periods is a good idea?  It's like saying we're giving out great rewards at restaurant just for eating here, as long as you keep coming here and order and eating stuff you don't like, for the next couple of years. It's a ludicrous assertion.

Why do you think it's not an answer? It is the answer and as far as I see you did nothing to touch the obvious reasons for the differences in rewards distribution between these modes.

And again, you can enjoy the game exactly like you were for all this time, legendaries aren't needed for anything to do whatever anyone wants to do. Refusing to play more of the game's content, but demanding more rewards anyways isn't really some game's fault. Want to skip on x, y, z content? Then you're free to do it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

The point is PvP and WvW players get to do what they always do, but most PvE players don't raid and yet this is what they have to do. If you were largely an open world player and you saw that disparity, you'd could very well be annoyed and some people will be angry.

False. PvP and WvWers do have to play other game modes if they want full legendary.  Earrings must be acquired in pve, and pvpers must do WvW for at least one ring.

Even in the context of just armor and WvW, you are still wrong. There are some play styles like defending and scouting that offer extremely little or even no pip gain. Yet these roles are key to contributing to a team.  Not everyone runs around in a circle capturing things.

The only "disparity" that exists is towards raiders, as they can't get anything just from raiding-- even "raid" armor requires things in open world.

Which means some people will walk away from the game or play less, or try to jump into WvW or PvP and burn out and play less or walk away. This is what happened to me. I personally stopped caring quite as much about the game as I did, and I stopped spending as much money as I did, because I was less happy with the game.

If one is willing to quit the game because of a legendary, well, each to their own. All I can say is "can I have your stuff?"

Let it be fair. If you're going to force me into a game mode I don't like, after letting me get legendary trinkets and legendary amulet and legendary weapons and saying, no if you want the rest, jump through hoops  you don't enjoy for an extended period of time, I'm likely to give you an answer you don't want.

Then you should also be prepared to receive an answer you don't want as well.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm saying what I did, I play many modes, I didn't play raids in the past, largely because of the nonsensical fearmongering on this forum, but I was fine with not going for it since I understood well I don't need it for anything. At some point I thought I can try going for something more, so I started playing raids and got the pve armor 🤷‍♂️ So yes, not only I'm saying I would be fine with it, but I'm also saying that I was and still am fine with it. What exactly is the issue?

Yup, raids are pve and if pve player wants to get the armor from pve, they can still pve and get what they want. It won't be zerging a world boss, but it will still be a proper set of pve encounters.

Why do you think it's not an answer? It is the answer and as far as I see you did nothing to touch the obvious reasons for the differences in rewards distribution between these modes.

And again, you can enjoy the game exactly like you were for all this time, legendaries aren't needed for anything to do whatever anyone wants to do. Refusing to play more of the game's content, but demanding more rewards anyways isn't really some game's fault. Want to skip on x, y, z content? Then you're free to do it.

Don't take this the wrong way but you and I don't matter. Not as individuals. It doesn't matter what you did or were able to do, or w what I like or don't like. Because we're one person.  Businesses can't make decisions on one person.  I have five pieces of raid legendary armor as we speak and have no problem jumping into a raid with a group of guildies. I'm raiding again tonight.

However, I'm in a guild with a ton of people that for many reasons won't or can't raid and they see other people in their guild doing things they either think are beyond them, or is actually beyond them.  They look at what they have to do to get legendary armor and in their minds they have choices. Do something they don't enjoy or think they won't enjoy for an extended period of time, hardly the reason someone buys a game.

Or just suck it up and say I'm never going to have this, which for some people is okay and for some people doesn't feel good. 

Or play less or even leave the game if it feels bad enough.

It's nice that you and I can raid. It's even nice that enough people seem to support your point of view on the forums. Tell me, what percentage of the playerbase reads the forums even, much less posts in the forums. People aren't logical they're emotional and if they feel left out or like second class citizens they're going to  have a negative reaction, at least some of them will. I don't know the percentage, do you?

But I know people in my guild are feeling left out when I go and raid, and for various reasons they won't or can't do it. So they're left with very long slogs in formats they'd rather not play, because they can do those any time, without a group of ten. And some people won't do it at all. They'll just stop playing. 

Again, WvWer's and PvPers can continue to play their game. Other people can't.  It's not fair to those people. The idea that this entire class of armor in PvE is limted to the least played part of PvE and that it's okay is silly. You're defending it based on what? 

A WvW player plays the same game they always play and get legendary armor as a byproduct. As a PvE'er most can't do that. It's an imbalance that should be rectified, though I'll have full legendary armor before that happens.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It all depends on how intensive it is to play the content. Raid armor in theory can be done quickly, but less than 1% of the player base will have the skill level and/or network to achieve that in the minimum time because raids and CM strikes are hard.

WvW legendary armor can in theory be done by killing dolyaks. Or minlessly running behind a commander. This is why WvW legendary armor SHOULD take longer.

Raid legendary armor reflects player SKILL. WvW legendary armor reflects player DEDICATION.

2 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Don't take this the wrong way but you and I don't matter. Not as individuals. It doesn't matter what you did or were able to do, or w what I like or don't like. Because we're one person.  Businesses can't make decisions on one person.  I have five pieces of raid legendary armor as we speak and have no problem jumping into a raid with a group of guildies. I'm raiding again tonight.

That's great then why even discuss anything here? And why didn't you remember about it when you were talking about your experiences about it?

You have no problem with jumping into raiding and you're doing it again today, but you've juuuust talked about almost quitting the game and whatnot. In the end, it clearly isn't that problematic in spite of attempts to feaermonger about players quitting because they don't have leggies for whatever they want to play. Seriously "do what I want you to do or players will quit the game" is such a tired, empty narrative I've initially stopped myself from commenting on it, but gee, you went there again a few sentences after this.

However, I'm in a guild with a ton of people that for many reasons won't or can't raid and they see other people in their guild doing things they either think are beyond them, or is actually beyond them.  They look at what they have to do to get legendary armor and in their minds they have choices. Do something they don't enjoy or think they won't enjoy for an extended period of time, hardly the reason someone buys a game.

Ah, so you and I don't matter, but another random person in your guild does, because it supports what you want it to support, got it.

Meanwhile: they can enjoy the game exactly like they were for all this time, legendaries aren't needed for anything to do whatever anyone wants to do. Refusing to play more of the game's content, but demanding more rewards anyways isn't really some game's fault. Want to skip on x, y, z content? Then they're free to do it.

It's nice that you and I can raid.

Pretty sure you were repeating in the past that you can't(?) and won't(!) do it beyong buying some achievements if I recall correctly? Then there was a change of mind and now somehow you can and do. Maybe you can help some of your guildmates with that as well.

It's even nice that enough people seem to support your point of view on the forums. Tell me, what percentage of the playerbase reads the forums even, much less posts in the forums. People aren't logical they're emotional and if they feel left out or like second class citizens they're going to  have a negative reaction, at least some of them will. I don't know the percentage, do you?

But I know people in my guild are feeling left out when I go and raid, and for various reasons they won't or can't do it. So they're left with very long slogs in formats they'd rather not play, because they can do those any time, without a group of ten. And some people won't do it at all. They'll just stop playing. 

Remember when -for some reason- you told me your and mine experiences don't matter? All you're doing here is still describing your experiences. Pretty much throughout this whole post. Or if I substitute my experiences with similar experiences of my guildmates, it will suddenly count for more?

I find it even more interesting when you've just pre-emtpively dismissed the opinion of other people involved in the first paragraph quoted above, from my understanading mostly because they go against yours. Was I saying anything about people agreeing with me here? Was I bringing up numbers? Pretty sure I wasn't (so to make it absolutely clear: I still don't know where that paragraph even came from as a response to my post other than maybe what I've mentioned here?). Yet you've went for those "agreeing with me" and tried painting the relevance (or rather lack of it!) to what is being said here however it suits you. Right after that you started talking about "but my guildmates...". So do those numbers and opinions matter or not?

Creating groups for content in this game isn't somehow limited to a guild (or even multiple). Those players that won't join you for whatever reason are also still perfectly fine and free to play whatever they want. "Some players won't follow me into x content so now they won't get the same reward, so they'll quit" is just another example of the mentioned above ridiculously tired and empty attempt to draw the narrative whatever way you want it to draw. Sorry, but that player or two from your guild is also just individual, just like you and me.  I'd also find it extremely difficult to believe those players somehow play for you, so if they won't play with you in your squads for rewards you're going for, they'll suddenly quit. If they do, apparently they don't enjoy the game in the first place? 

Again, WvWer's and PvPers can continue to play their game. Other people can't.  It's not fair to those people. The idea that this entire class of armor in PvE is limted to the least played part of PvE and that it's okay is silly. You're defending it based on what?

A WvW player plays the same game they always play and get legendary armor as a byproduct. As a PvE'er most can't do that. It's an imbalance that should be rectified, though I'll have full legendary armor before that happens.

Again, this does nothing to address the obvious reasons for the differences in rewards distribution between these modes, but instead just skips right over it as if it was never mentioned.

Also news flash: pvp/wvw players don't suddenly and magically spawn in that content. A lot of them also play for pve if they want to get something from pve (or even if they don't).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Or if I substitute my experiences with similar experiences of my guildmates, it will suddenly count for more?

Hmm, my best guess, is that them and their guild share some kind of collective sentiment that goes beyond the individual.

The problem, however, is that one person is speaking on behalf of others and regardless it's just one circle.

I'm part of 2 guilds and honestly I've never heard of anyone leaving the game because they couldn't get a legendary. Most people that set out usually do. This doesn't invalidate the other person's ancedote, but does make me press a button to doubt.

Funny enough, it's actually members of the WvW guild that have trouble making the legendary armor because they don't play consistently enough across a week as well as material costs. But on the other hand, they're using their resources towards mount skins and such so is that really the game's fault? There's so many variables in this and also variables that I don't know about that it's kinda ridiculous to attempt to speak on behalf of my guild(s)

Still I find the idea that WvWers are some kind of privileged crew who will inevitably get legendary armor because it's theoritcally possible to get it by just killing dolyaks to be a little different from reality at best and insulting at worst.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's great then why even discuss anything here? And why didn't you remember about it when you were talking about your experiences about it?

You have no problem with jumping into raiding and you're doing it again today, but you've juuuust talked about almost quitting the game and whatnot. In the end, it clearly isn't that problematic in spite of attempts to feaermonger about players quitting because they don't have leggies for whatever they want to play. Seriously "do what I want you to do or players will quit the game" is such a tired, empty narrative I've initially stopped myself from commenting on it, but gee, you went there again a few sentences after this.

Ah, so you and I don't matter, but another random person in your guild does, because it supports what you want it to support, got it.

Meanwhile: they can enjoy the game exactly like they were for all this time, legendaries aren't needed for anything to do whatever anyone wants to do. Refusing to play more of the game's content, but demanding more rewards anyways isn't really some game's fault. Want to skip on x, y, z content? Then they're free to do it.

Pretty sure you were repeating in the past that you can't(?) and won't(!) do it beyong buying some achievements if I recall correctly? Then there was a change of mind and now somehow you can and do. Maybe you can help some of your guildmates with that as well.

Remember when -for some reason- you told me your and mine experiences don't matter? All you're doing here is still describing your experiences. Pretty much throughout this whole post. Or if I substitute my experiences with similar experiences of my guildmates, it will suddenly count for more?

I find it even more interesting when you've just pre-emtpively dismissed the opinion of other people involved in the first paragraph quoted above, from my understanading mostly because they go against yours. Was I saying anything about people agreeing with me here? Was I bringing up numbers? Pretty sure I wasn't (so to make it absolutely clear: I still don't know where that paragraph even came from as a response to my post other than maybe what I've mentioned here?). Yet you've went for those "agreeing with me" and tried painting the relevance (or rather lack of it!) to what is being said here however it suits you. Right after that you started talking about "but my guildmates...". So do those numbers and opinions matter or not?

Creating groups for content in this game isn't somehow limited to a guild (or even multiple). Those players that won't join you for whatever reason are also still perfectly fine and free to play whatever they want. "Some players won't follow me into x content so now they won't get the same reward, so they'll quit" is just another example of the mentioned above ridiculously tired and empty attempt to draw the narrative whatever way you want it to draw. Sorry, but that player or two from your guild is also just individual, just like you and me.  I'd also find it extremely difficult to believe those players somehow play for you, so if they won't play with you in your squads for rewards you're going for, they'll suddenly quit. If they do, apparently they don't enjoy the game in the first place? 

Again, this does nothing to address the obvious reasons for the differences in rewards distribution between these modes, but instead just skips right over it as if it was never mentioned.

Also news flash: pvp/wvw players don't suddenly and magically spawn in that content. A lot of them also play for pve if they want to get something from pve (or even if they don't).

Why should any player care about the reasons they're being treated, in their minds, unfairly.  Sure there's a logical reason PvPers and WvWers can play laughably bad, lose every game and still get their legendary armor.  You can get legendary armor in PvP without winning a single game. Just show up.  At the end of the day, that's unfair no matter what the reason is.

You can write a whole page, or two whole pages or ten whole pages, but if people are not happy with the game and play less or buy less or even leave, I'd say that's a problem.  YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

12 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

You would have a point if that's all we needed for the legendary, except that's only one thing on a long list of things one has to do. I mean I could have rattled off an exhaustive list of things I don't want to do, but that would be pretty pointless and would add up to many, many hours.

But that is exactly my point.  If JPs are boring to you, then it isn't all that bad because you only have to do a few hours.  If PvP/WvW/Raids are boring to you, then you'd have to spend weeks on them.

A few hours of boredom and a few weeks are very different things.  The game is largely advertised on its open world, and most players are open world (I believe).  This isn't an edge case.

12 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I can assure you, regardless of how many legendary sets will get released in the future, this will never happen.

Almost every non-weapon legendary focuses on a certain kind of content. And that makes sense; they want to draw players to do a certain type of content.

Aurora = LS s3

Vision = LS s4

Amulet = All of LS 2-5, but this is effectively LS5.

Gen 2 legendaries are HoT themed, Gen 3s are EoD themed.

Even Gen 1 legendaries which are extremely general, required you to do dungeons though it can be bypassed by buying.

So the idea they're going to release some kind of vaguely themed legendary to reward people for doing things they do anyways is pretty unlikely.

I would focus on the upcoming Ls6, if you want any chance.

Perhaps I was unclear.  I wasn't suggesting a vaguely themed legendary.  I was suggesting more legendary paths.  So yes, an LS6 Ring for example, or a WvW Weapon set - or Open World Armour.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Why craftable?

one should get it after completing all story, expansions, episodes and all attached achievements.

doing all achievements from all expansions and episodes will keep you at least same amount of time busy as in the other ways. Some collections require a fair amount of grind with all the map currencies and materials needed. Specially the weapons craft collections.

so grind raids, grind wvw, grind pvp or grind story.

Edited by roederich.2716
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3