What class is the sylvari on the left?

Scalacious.4139

He looks like a revenant because of the armor, but he also wields a dagger, which must mean that he is a spellbreaker, right?

And what are the other characters? The char on the left has the look of a scrapper, but he could also be an untamed. The asura on the left could be any heavy armor class. The human on the right is clearly a chronomancer, since that is the only light armor class that can wield shields, the norn is a warrior or dragonhunter and the asura could be any lightarmor class.

Iirc the top left was a promo pic for scrapper, middle left is a Revenant (blindfold), what you identify as a dagger is probably just a small 1-hand sword. Bottom left was an asura core guard i think, might be wrong on that. Top right is chrono, middle right is Braham, so Dragonhunter, bottom right is Taimi, so... just Taimi.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

But look how the weapon is wielded, from an animation standpoint, thats a dagger

Won't argue on that, but I'd consider that as artistic freedom, makes it look more dynamic etc. 

Or it's just the lower end of a staff. 

However, if you like to think of it as a blindfolded Spellbreaker or Thief, go ahead, nothing wrong with it.

16 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

On the left of what? Any context to be had here? Because i sure don;t see any picture in OPs post.

The illustrations on the left and right here on the page in the forum. Maybe they are not visible depending on the setting and size of your monitor or if you have opened the forum on a mobile devise

18 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

On the left of what? Any context to be had here? Because i sure don;t see any picture in OPs post.

The forum's background image. You see several characters adorn the sides.

47 minutes ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

But look how the weapon is wielded, from an animation standpoint, thats a dagger

No, it's definitely a short sword, and that's definitely a Revenant symbol on the blindfold.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The forum's background image. You see several characters adorn the sides.

No, it's definitely a short sword, and that's definitely a Revenant symbol on the blindfold.

How can you tell that that is a shortsword? And why is he wielding it backwards?
And I know that it is the mist armor from the revenant achievements, but any heavy armor class can wear it.

1 minute ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

The illustrations on the left and right here on the page in the forum. Maybe they are not visible depending on the setting and size of your monitor or if you have opened the forum on a mobile devise

Ah, yeah, didn't think of those. All those graphics go back to the HoT times, and represent classes that existed at that point (although two of the illustrations on the right are not actually class representations, but Braham and Taimi). And Sylvari on the left is a revenant with dagger. The reason for it is that at some point in development, revenant was apparently supposed to have a dagger offhand. It didn't make it into the game, but it's not surprising to be able to see it on some arts from around that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Thanks.

To me, it's an off-hand dagger, so that opens up several possibilities of profession.  /shrug

I'm quite sure the art pieces in this image predate  PoF. And there's no heavy armor core or HoT espec with offhand dagger (or mainhand dagger, for that matter). We do know however that at some point offhand dagger was considered a weapon for Revenant. And the armor (and blindfold) used, while not limited to revenant alone, is also considered to be an iconic revenant look.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

The only short sword held that way is Infused Wakizashi. All other swords are held in the forward position. All daggers are held in this reversed positions.

It doesn't matter. Its literally a Revenant, wearing the Revenant's dedicated heavy armor set. Spellbreakers didn't exist in Heart of Thorns, so it couldn't be anything else.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

It doesn't matter. Its literally a Revenant, wearing the Revenant's dedicated heavy armor set. Spellbreakers didn't exist in Heart of Thorns, so it couldn't be anything else.

Not debating the class. Just stating that swords are not held that way. Although Wakizashi is listed under dagger, it is a short sword.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, casualkenny.9817 said:

5) artistic license

This, probably. Some of them are spec artwork, the Asura warrior I don't think is from a lineup. The Revenant is using a dagger, but that is explicitly armor used by Revenants in official artwork.

Much like how in the Pact fleet being destroyed cinematic, we see pole-axes/halberds, pikes, spears+shields being used but we don't get those ingame for players :P.