We need more group focused content.

Einsof.1457

8 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Again, how do you think this attitude benefits the game?  The game is heavily marketed to and populated by solo players, and many of them will have similar experiences.  How do you think telling people to go and play something else is in anyone's interests?

If you dont know how much time you have then do something you can instantly start and put down like, wvw or map completion it is not rockett science.

Asking for more solo content that is close to as rewarding as group content will kill less rewarding open world and most group content because most of the people will be alone instances and the game will feel dead.

How do you think that will benefit the game?

But then you say well just reward more to that other content I dont care about.

Well how long untill you ask for your new personalised solo content to get more rewarding to match the openworld and group content again?

there are a myriad of phone games you can pick up and play for 5 minutes when ever you have time, do note that it will be more expensive the gw2 for the most part if you want to progress tho.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Luks.4230 said:

Its in a constant state of decline since release, you only need to look in the LFG. You dont think it is because of megaservers. Why do you think megaservers exist in the first place and why they were introduced? Its simple.. because of the declined playerbase

First of all mega servers were introduced many years ago. It's a single point in time. Even if that were the sole reason for the introduction of megaservers, an event that happened 6 years ago doesn't say anything about constant state, since it could have remained stable since then. If your entire argument is one event more than six years ago, and you say the state is CONSTANT, you're reaching.

Orginally there were X number of zones. Every Living World episode added a zone for season 3 and 4.  That means the existing population, even if it was stable, was more spread out. New people coming through areas needed people for bigger events. That's the real reason the megaserver was added.  Even if you have the same number of people adding zones will thin out that population. How is that a sign that the population is getting lower, as opposed to spreading out. There's simply more zones to play in and more stuff to do.   

Before HOT we only had dungeons and fractals as end games. HOT added 4 raid wings. 3 more from PoF. Now we have strikes. Seems to me, seeing less people in any given content would indicate that there are less people playing each. On top of that, even back in the oldest days, people complained no one ever advertised dungeons, not because it was true, but because those groups filled so fast. I see fractal groups fill fast. Raids I've done seem to fill fast when we advertise for some pugs. Maybe your one point of reference needs to be updated.

The income seems relatively stable quarterly. That's the best marker of whether a game is in a constant state of decline. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

21 minutes ago, Crono.4197 said:

Oh boy, people complaining again that this game isn't WoW.

No one does this. Its about group content in an MMORPG. Its not a single player game, thats it. And ppl demand more single player content in an MMORPG. Can you comprehend? If ppl want single player, they should play a game made for that

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

It seems that you have a problem with managing your time, that’s fine, not everyone is good at that.

How delightfully patronising 🙂  I think you'll find that a lot of people are perfectly capable of time management, but have other commitments and responsibilities that don't always lend themselves to sitting logged into a videogame waiting for an LFG to possibly eventually populate itself.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

How delightfully patronising 🙂  I think you'll find that a lot of people are perfectly capable of time management, but have other commitments and responsibilities that don't always lend themselves to sitting logged into a videogame waiting for an LFG to possibly eventually populate itself.

Perhaps a single player game is better for you then. Or just do solo stuff until your lfg fills. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

If you dont know how much time you have then do something you can instantly start and put down like, wvw or map completion it is not rockett science.

No, it isn't.  So if a lot of people are asking for this anyway, then maybe you should adopt a principle of charity and assume that this extremely basic idea has already occurred to them, and that maybe you have missed something?

• Confused 3

Maybe it would be a good thing to reevaluate your expectations. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

GW2 does a very good job in spontaneous groups in open-world, that is it's strenght.

The instanced forced close-group build is mostly just annoyance.

Maybe henchmen can be a solution, e.g. ok for that we need a healer, lert me add a heal-bot to the group 🙂

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Maybe it would be a good thing to reevaluate your expectations. 

If it proves bad for ANets business model to cater to customers who have unpredictable lifestyles, then that's fine.  However, I expect that is not even close to being the case.  I would also guess that the some of the busier members of the community (busier than myself) are probably the ones who have (1) the most incentive to buy their way to the things they want without wasting time and (2) the biggest wallets.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

If it proves bad for ANets business model to cater to customers who have unpredictable lifestyles, then that's fine.  However, I expect that is not even close to being the case.  I would also guess that the some of the busier members of the community (busier than myself) are probably the ones who have (1) the most incentive to buy their way to the things they want without wasting time and (2) the biggest wallets.

Yes and this is why the mobile market have exploded people want to buy their way to success in a video game.

Look at diablo immortal as an example of what gamers dont want but wallet warriors do.

Pray that your hobby game do not turn into that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes and this is why the mobile market have exploded people want to buy their way to success in a video game.

Look at diablo immortal as an example of what gamers dont want but wallet warriors do.

Pray that your hobby game do not turn into that.

I agree with the sentiment, but cash shop whales are a huge and inevitable part of the game's financing.  The point I'm making is that the "hardcore group players" who can sit in LFG for as long as necessary, or commit to a future evening raiding with a guild at a specific time, may well not be the main players who keep the lights on (many of them will be, of course).

ANet is a business, and GW2 needs money to run.  Ignoring people who have busy lifestyles, or saying "Go play something else", is not going to benefit the game long term, for anyone.

Edited by CrashTestAuto.9108
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Perhaps that's because that "true" group content you dream of is just neither as popular nor as important as you want it to be.

Maybe in NA 😄

2 hours ago, samsar.9152 said:

I forgot to mention... People who wants more group content often forget over 90% of the playerbase in the game are casual players. Just friendly reminder. 

Being casual changes nothing about group content.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...what are you even talking about? :classic_blink:

People are not counting those as group content, even those there are literally groups involved. I believe they're confusing instanced content with group content, which are separate definitions.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 7
  • Confused 4

54 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I agree with the sentiment, but cash shop whales are a huge and inevitable part of the game's financing.  The point I'm making is that the "hardcore group players" who can sit in LFG for as long as necessary, or commit to a future evening raiding with a guild at a specific time, may well not be the main players who keep the lights on (many of them will be, of course).

ANet is a business, and GW2 needs money to run.  Ignoring people who have busy lifestyles, or saying "Go play something else", is not going to benefit the game long term, for anyone.

Everything you say is just...wrong. You clearly have no experience in business management whatsoever. Does pizza hut care about alienating panda express customers?

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

First of all mega servers were introduced many years ago. It's a single point in time. Even if that were the sole reason for the introduction of megaservers, an event that happened 6 years ago doesn't say anything about constant state, since it could have remained stable since then. If your entire argument is one event more than six years ago, and you say the state is CONSTANT, you're reaching.

Orginally there were X number of zones. Every Living World episode added a zone for season 3 and 4.  That means the existing population, even if it was stable, was more spread out. New people coming through areas needed people for bigger events. That's the real reason the megaserver was added.  Even if you have the same number of people adding zones will thin out that population. How is that a sign that the population is getting lower, as opposed to spreading out. There's simply more zones to play in and more stuff to do.   

Before HOT we only had dungeons and fractals as end games. HOT added 4 raid wings. 3 more from PoF. Now we have strikes. Seems to me, seeing less people in any given content would indicate that there are less people playing each. On top of that, even back in the oldest days, people complained no one ever advertised dungeons, not because it was true, but because those groups filled so fast. I see fractal groups fill fast. Raids I've done seem to fill fast when we advertise for some pugs. Maybe your one point of reference needs to be updated.

The income seems relatively stable quarterly. That's the best marker of whether a game is in a constant state of decline. 

Dude.. the MMORPG genre is declining in general. Its not only guildwars, its wow and every other mmorpg. Guildwars 2 playerbase isnt magical growing. Its declining overall, subscriber data over the years shows. Nowadays companies dont even publish their playerbase count anymore, guess why

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Luks.4230 said:

Dude.. the MMORPG genre is declining in general. Its not only guildwars, its wow and every other mmorpg. Guildwars 2 playerbase isnt magical growing. Its declining overall, subscriber data over the years shows. Nowadays companies dont even publish their playerbase count anymore, guess why

Dude…

https://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2s-number-of-active-players-has-more-than-doubled-in-the-last-3-years/

• Confused 3

22 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Another good idea would be to require the story dungeons as part of the vanilla story. When ascalon catacombs becomes available, make story mode required for the next step of the story. Get players used to talking and playing with others.  This will make players more comfortable and willing to do strikes/raids/fractals because they already have experience in groups during the vanilla experience. 

Other games (FF14  for example) have managed to solve this issue with an auto-lfg button , where it flashes at your appropriate lvl .

And it's random effect , prevents from doing only the 8 fastest ones

Edit: It will a lot better than the "blank messages" the new players put in Steam Release

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Luks.4230 said:

Take a look at the graphs for GW 2 income.  There's not five guys in Timbuktu playing if the income remains stable. As an example, in 2018, the game was making as much as it was in 2014.  That's a stable income.

You can say you know that the numbers are declining, in the same breath that you say you don't know the numbers.  Anet has never published official numbers since day one, so how is that evidence.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

53 minutes ago, Luks.4230 said:

Are you for real? Jeez..

Next you come up with the website that tells you guildwars has +300k players per day lmao

Dude... Gotta read... 

"Guild Wars 2's third expansion, End of Dragons, appears to have gone down well with its community. To the extent that, in a giant post detailing what's next for the game, the studio also takes a moment to celebrate the game's popularity of late."

"We're seeing incredible growth in the community," writes ArenaNet. "In fact, the number of active Guild Wars 2 players has more than doubled over the last three years. This growth has helped Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons outsell our previous expansion, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire."

"I asked Guild Wars 2's game director Josh Davis what, specifically, counts as an active player—and whether that increase was driven by alt accounts over regular fresh blood."

"Active players are defined as those who log fully into the game and load into a map," Davis writes. "Our growth over the last three years is largely driven by new players coming to the game and the return of veteran players. A lot of live service games saw significant growth during the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. We've been able to sustain that growth well into 2022 and see no signs of slowing down, especially with a release on Steam and future expansions on the horizon. Players with alt accounts are a very small percentage of our overall player base."

Dude...

ArenaNet Studio Update: The Future of Guild Wars 2 – GuildWars2.com

"This long-term focus is paying off—we’re seeing incredible growth in the community. In fact, the number of active Guild Wars 2 players has more than doubled over the last three years."

...I would do some research next time before you make any claims about the game. 

Edited by Swagger.1459
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3