The warrior is so different now..

ZeftheWicked.3076

When you're as ageless as Joko the Eternal you tend to see changes no mortals could hope to realize during their short, mortal pitiful existance.
Long time ago warriors had only two roles in PvE - that of pure dps or bannerslave (with dps).

In modern era things have changed, warriors have grown, and now can be pure dps or banner slave (with dps).
Joko is deeply touched by this growth of warrior profession.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 3

With the appearance of this mysterious Necromancer in the Warrior forums and the fact that Koss is technically a corpse now, I wonder if this is a second foreshadowing, telling us to defect to Necromancer, just like how Rytlock foreshadowed the demise of Warrior back in HoT?

Something is amiss. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

With the appearance of this mysterious Necromancer in the Warrior forums and the fact that Koss is technically a corpse now, I wonder if this is a second foreshadowing, telling us to defect to Necromancer, just like how Rytlock foreshadowed the demise of Warrior back in HoT?

Something is amiss. 🤔

Nah, Zeft is just enjoying his new avatar and having some fun.

• Sad 1

Ah, but instead of the bannerslave (with dps) having a new role which guarantees a position in optimised groups, it now has the new ability of granting quickness! Which only puts it in competition with quickalyst (with dps), qrapper (with dps or heals), quickbrand (with dps), healbrand (with quickness), qchrono (with dps or tank gear), qharb (with dps) and qherald (with dps or maybe heals?). With so little competition, banner slave is sure to find a place in the meta!

Or, yanno, be largely forgotten unless it's an encounter where bladesworn excels and people want another bladesworn more than they want to avoid relying on banners for quickness. One or the other.

To be fair, though, outside of encounter-specific roles, there's really only 8 roles to fill (pdps, cdps, qpdps, qcdps, qheal, apdps, acdps, and aheal), and warrior can at least in theory fill half of those.

• Like 1

Well one thing with warrior quickness that other professions don't necessarily bring to the table is that it can bring either condi or power damage, which I believe the others are either condi or power exclusively while warriors can switch between the two with the click of a button. Making it faster since you won't have to swap toons. Can also bring battle standard for clutch res.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:00 AM, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Well one thing with warrior quickness that other professions don't necessarily bring to the table is that it can bring either condi or power damage, which I believe the others are either condi or power exclusively while warriors can switch between the two with the click of a button. Making it faster since you won't have to swap toons. Can also bring battle standard for clutch res.

Can you elaborate on this? My mind went straight to weapon swapping, but that doesn't swap your builds and gear/stats to effectively swap between, say, Power Berserker and Condi Berserker. They do use different weapons, but also different trait lines, and different equipment. 

21 minutes ago, Stadsport.8714 said:

Can you elaborate on this? My mind went straight to weapon swapping, but that doesn't swap your builds and gear/stats to effectively swap between, say, Power Berserker and Condi Berserker. They do use different weapons, but also different trait lines, and different equipment. 

Not every spec has a viable power DPS build and not every spec has a viable condi DPS build. Berserker can do either with a build template swap and an equipment template swap.

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not every spec has a viable power DPS build and not every spec has a viable condi DPS build. Berserker can do either with a build template swap and an equipment template swap.

I understand that, but I was asking what exact swap (weapon swap? equipment swap? build?) Red Haired Savage was referring to by saying you can swap between Condi and Power with one click. 

5 hours ago, Stadsport.8714 said:

I was talking there's both power and condition quickness builds for warrior in general. Compared to other professions only have condition or power quickness builds. So in that regard it makes going through raids without swapping toons to do power or condi quickness (which slows you down) easier.  But as Lan said I'm talking about swapping templates. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 8:44 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hey, it would be a cool plot point for Aurene to plop back out the Lich (either way...) and we have to deal with that piece of desiccated desert jerky again.

Joko was an amazing character and I'd love to have him back. 

Joko: "Act 203 enter Joko"

Commander: "Can't you see I'm busy killing wicked ley enhanced creatures with nothing but my over-nerfed warrior hammer? "

Joko: "The first contestant in the arena... the wicked, most dastardly, Leyyy enhanced Awakened!"

Commander: *sigh* "it never gets old does it?"

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

Joko: "Act 203 enter Joko"

Commander: "Can't you see I'm busy killing wicked ley enhanced creatures with nothing but my over-nerfed warrior hammer? "

Joko: "The first contestant in the arena... the wicked, most dastardly, Leyyy enhanced Awakened!"

Commander: *sigh* "it never gets old does it?"

Undoubtedly the storyline of the next living world season

• Haha 2

On 9/29/2022 at 4:09 PM, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I was talking there's both power and condition quickness builds for warrior in general. Compared to other professions only have condition or power quickness builds. So in that regard it makes going through raids without swapping toons to do power or condi quickness (which slows you down) easier.  But as Lan said I'm talking about swapping templates. 

Thanks for the clarification!