Anet postponed Gyros being stationary wells? Thoughts?

PrinceValentine.9320

27 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I mean when you boon ball and then cry hard enough, you can get devs to amend stuff.
But Mirage players will still need to wait and see about their second dodge (Soon ™).

Second dodge does need to come back. If its still considered OP due to the way it can be traited then review what's considered to make it OP and adjust from there.

On the Gyro aspect, will have to see what they come up with to replace the mechanic especially if they can deliver on the fun and interesting gameplay aspect. That was what made Scrapper stand out from core Engi as it made the gameplay feel more mobile. Pulled out my core Engi for last couple of weeks to see how the build was holding out for roaming and not OP but still able to drop new Elites with it. Not the best of builds but still can be fun.

13 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yes they will because you're not going to bring 2-3 other classes to replace what one of them can do, as much as people like to downplay all they bring to a group. Stealth wasn't even the main/biggest problem lmao.

Why would you need 2-3 to replace scrapper though?

A few mesmers would presumably already be in the zerg for pulls, they just need to take over veil again. For the healing and cleanse, an auramancer should be able to cover it.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1

We spoke about it in the last open zerg I joined. The general consensus seems to be that people will try out stuff for a bit then realize Scrapper is still the meta support ; more Chronomancer may be added to the squad and that is about it. I personally don't know where the sneak gyro nerf will land. To be honest It looks kinda weak now (60s cd feels too high for that effect) and the removal of the smoke field is bad for support diversity. Unless I missed it, nothing was said about reverting the compensatory buff on superspeed application. I'd say the shorten stealth and superspeed at the beginning of the well promote a quick disengaging and fake push meta and I am not sure other supports are well equipped for that.

So basically... If the squad really lack cleansing then Tempest (and probably Druid) are now able to out-cleanse Scrapper. Otherwise it looks like it will be Scrapper all the way.

Edited by Guybrush.4762

what do I think? when I see this ''classist'' behavior you make me overheat quite a bit. when it came to my clsse (war) you did not postpone anything and you did not change anything, yet I complained in the same way, I criticized your choice in the same way, I suggested my compromises, but you pulled straight as if you did not exist. seeing your attitude different when it comes to a different class is not fun at all.

if you have chosen to perform a series of changes to balance it is because you will have made a series of considerations and you will have a broader design of where you want to get and what you need to get to your final goal. so when the time comes that you want to castrate my class, I complain but in the end I accept it, aware of this broader vision of yours. because I know you will treat all classes equally.

when you clearly realize that this is not the case, then you feel bad for quite a while. thanks arenanet.

• Confused 1

Mesmer literally does everything a Scrapper does--heal, cleanse, stability, stealth, superspeed, and quickness all in the same kit when built for it. The gyro change would've been fine and Mesmers would've filled in the gaps, but we can't have them being useful again now can we.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Noticed this in Cohen's post. They are still making at least one gyro ground targeted.

"For clarification, we'll still be changing Defense Field into a ground-targeted skill in the October 4 update."

That's the toolbelt skill, the bulwark gyro for it remains the same.

Funny thing function gyro was ground targeted all this time, yet no scrapper complained about "losing their uniqueness or identity over it" before.

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Why would you need 2-3 to replace scrapper though?

A few mesmers would presumably already be in the zerg for pulls, they just need to take over veil again. For the healing and cleanse, an auramancer should be able to cover it.

You could still use sneak gyro and veil for extra stealth. 🤷‍♂️

Defense field will still be powerful. 🤔

Purity of purpose will still be powerful. 🤔

If a group wants to run auramancers or druids instead of scrappers and use chronos for chain veils, I don't see a problem with that either, in fact it would be positive that the meta can finally be bended a little for other specs again.

Engineers are suppose to be the "jack of all trades, masters of none" anyways, time they live up to that instead of being a meta master.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

That's the toolbelt skill, the bulwark gyro for it remains the same.

Funny thing function gyro was ground targeted all this time, yet no scrapper complained about "losing their uniqueness or identity over it" before.

It was a hot topic back when they changed function gyro from being on the F skill to f5, thus making engineers lose the elite toobelt skill while playing scrapper

Edited by Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

4 minutes ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

It was a hot topic back when they changed function gyro from being on the F skill to f5, thus making engineers lose the elite toobelt skill while playing scrapper

Ok I'll give you that, mesmers dealt with that when they removed distortion for continuum split as well, which they are now getting back, and so will scrappers, since they are reversing spec penalties...