FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NERF ENGI DPS RIFLE IN PVP !!!!!

MiniiZero.7896

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Nah.

Easy build that requires a modicum of awareness to fight is exactly what low tier needs. Easy entry into pvp and teaches one of the fundamentals of the game. Namely hide behind that box.

Flamethrower could go through walls, but rifle cannot. If people are taking obscene amounts of damage because of rifle spam, let mechanist have that to get people invested. Imagine if they nerfed Ryu's hadouken because it works without giving thought to how people less new to the game can eat people alive that solely rely on it. 

Listen to @Kuma.1503, he's seen the bad timeline. There needs to be a foundation for what is expected of people to be able to handle.

There are better "noob benchmarks" than an infinitely kiting pew-pew machine followed by his big green boyfriend that does as much dmg as the mechanist.

The real issue isn't rifle, though; it's the strength of the mech and the mobility afforded by shift signet (which is still a ridiculously overloaded utility skill, especially since it can be had on a 40s CD) plus-or-minus rocket boots. Rifle's dmg isn't that impressive; it's the inability to close with/lock down the mechanist to prevent him kiting all day and slowly pew-pew you to death. 

• Confused 2

On 10/26/2022 at 11:20 AM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

There are better "noob benchmarks" than an infinitely kiting pew-pew machine followed by his big green boyfriend that does as much dmg as the mechanist.

The real issue isn't rifle, though; it's the strength of the mech and the mobility afforded by shift signet (which is still a ridiculously overloaded utility skill, especially since it can be had on a 40s CD) plus-or-minus rocket boots. Rifle's dmg isn't that impressive; it's the inability to close with/lock down the mechanist to prevent him kiting all day and slowly pew-pew you to death. 

If a build work on 99% of player, it's OP, you dont see how much play are here in gold/sliver, Engi RIFLE OP, A-net should nerf it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I am so disgusted by all these bronzies literally just parroting each other. I've played my rifle core engi build for over a year now. It's an honest build with med kit, toolkit, elixir S, Elixir gun and Elixir X. It relies heavily on landing cc combo's into burst skills. No amount of spamming will net you any kills on this build. Before the rifle changes all comments I ever received were either people commending me for playing a different build and doing well on it, people who were salty they got moad or who were cc chained in any other way. Never any complains about rifle. Ever.

Nowadays people just parrot each other so they see themselves getting rekt by a core engi using rifle, OH IT MUST BE THE OP AUTO!! ANET NERF RIFLE AUTO NOW THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!

Somehow they failed to realize they had a throw wrench hitting them twice for 4k while rooted by net shot, then hit point blank with a 5k blunderbuss and quickly dunked with an 8k prybar to the face. And when they tried to run they were rifle 4 knockbacked into a nice 7k jumpshot into an acid bomb which downed them, and quickly cleaved them out with 3.5k ticks. I just used some casual rifle auto's to help sped up the cleave. Feeling angry they got killed in such a manner, they went and type the following in /say "RIFLE AUTO REALLY NEEDS A NERF kitten". This actually happed in exactly this way. I'm not making this up, some weirdo actually typed this to me.

Like, can you believe the stupidity in these people? They just got absolutely dumpstered by a combination of skills, but still come to the conclusion that rifle auto needs a nerf. And these are the people Anet has to listen to? Please, for the love of god, observe what you see before you talk! And this is not even addressing the real issue. The auto is NOT broken. Rifle merely got some quality of life and animation improvements in pvp, and some small might gen. But the damage of the auto is literally the same, just multihit instead of single bursts. It is the synergy with the mech class and automatic procs like aim assisted rockets which make it into an obnoxious, braindead, low effort noob carry playstyle. And before the nerfs, we also had perma quickness scrapper admittedly also making it quite cheesy. But it was nowhere even near the permastab dumbkittenery that was flamethrower scrapper. 

Stop looking at rifle in a vaccuüm, stop parroting each other, stop getting core weapons nerfed. Use that freaking brain of yours. If you still don't want to believe it, ask a core engi with zerker amulet to rifle auto you from 100 to 0. See how long it will take and if it's still so OP.

Edited by Koensol.5860
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

I've played my rifle core engi build for over a year now. It's an honest build with med kit, toolkit, elixir S, Elixir gun and Elixir X.

First of all: this sounds like a fun build, can I have it? 👀

4 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

And these are the people Anet has to listen to?

Secondly, don't get upset over the trolls on the forum. A-net doesn't have to listen to any of them, and the fact, that the rifle is more or less untouched since its rework shows, that they (the balance devs), have their own oppinion on the matter, and won't cave in to all the shitpost. I don't expect to see a rifle nerf, unless we get one, or multiple builds breaking the meta with it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wasss.1208 said:

First of all: this sounds like a fun build, can I have it? 👀

Secondly, don't get upset over the trolls on the forum. A-net doesn't have to listen to any of them, and the fact, that the rifle is more or less untouched since its rework shows, that they (the balance devs), have their own oppinion on the matter, and won't cave in to all the shitpost. I don't expect to see a rifle nerf, unless we get one, or multiple builds breaking the meta with it.

Thanks, I dm'ed you.

And yea I know many are just trolls and I shouldn't get upset, just the current levels of idiocy have taken its toll on me xd

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

I am so disgusted by all these bronzies literally just parroting each other. I've played my rifle core engi build for over a year now. It's an honest build with med kit, toolkit, elixir S, Elixir gun and Elixir X. It relies heavily on landing cc combo's into burst skills. No amount of spamming will net you any kills on this build. Before the rifle changes all comments I ever received were either people commending me for playing a different build and doing well on it, people who were salty they got moad or who were cc chained in any other way. Never any complains about rifle. Ever.

Nowadays people just parrot each other so they see themselves getting rekt by a core engi using rifle, OH IT MUST BE THE OP AUTO!! ANET NERF RIFLE AUTO NOW THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!

Somehow they failed to realize they had a throw wrench hitting them twice for 4k while rooted by net shot, then hit point blank with a 5k blunderbuss and quickly dunked with an 8k prybar to the face. And when they tried to run they were rifle 4 knockbacked into a nice 7k jumpshot into an acid bomb which downed them, and quickly cleaved them out with 3.5k ticks. I just used some casual rifle auto's to help sped up the cleave. Feeling angry they got killed in such a manner, they went and type the following in /say "RIFLE AUTO REALLY NEEDS A NERF kitten". This actually happed in exactly this way. I'm not making this up, some weirdo actually typed this to me.

Like, can you believe the stupidity in these people? They just got absolutely dumpstered by a combination of skills, but still come to the conclusion that rifle auto needs a nerf. And these are the people Anet has to listen to? Please, for the love of god, observe what you see before you talk! And this is not even addressing the real issue. The auto is NOT broken. Rifle merely got some quality of life and animation improvements in pvp, and some small might gen. But the damage of the auto is literally the same, just multihit instead of single bursts. It is the synergy with the mech class and automatic procs like aim assisted rockets which make it into an obnoxious, braindead, low effort noob carry playstyle. And before the nerfs, we also had perma quickness scrapper admittedly also making it quite cheesy. But it was nowhere even near the permastab dumbkittenery that was flamethrower scrapper. 

Stop looking at rifle in a vaccuüm, stop parroting each other, stop getting core weapons nerfed. Use that freaking brain of yours. If you still don't want to believe it, ask a core engi with zerker amulet to rifle auto you from 100 to 0. See how long it will take and if it's still so OP.

You are right, the damage come from oneshot combo.

100 to 0 combo is unhealthy and OP, that why engineer OP as f*ck.

Engineer OP. Please consider nerf it ASAP.

• Confused 2

did anyone ever stop to consider that, because of the nature of the engineers proffesion mechanic, the average engineer player is just better than the other proffesion players?

The engineers effectively need to be better, it is a requirement of playing the proffesion since engineer has a distinct lack of outright overpowered mechanics present in all other proffesions while usually having more buttons to manage.

You don't get invuln spam, you get moderate mobility and not all that many large raw damage reductions so you not only need to be more careful but also need to do twice as much as everyone else just to get the same or less effect.

The result is that engineers quickly become better at playing the game than most of the other faceroll proffesions.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

did anyone ever stop to consider that, because of the nature of the engineers proffesion mechanic, the average engineer player is just better than the other proffesion players?

The engineers effectively need to be better, it is a requirement of playing the proffesion since engineer has a distinct lack of outright overpowered mechanics present in all other proffesions while usually having more buttons to manage.

You don't get invuln spam, you get moderate mobility and not all that many large raw damage reductions so you not only need to be more careful but also need to do twice as much as everyone else just to get the same or less effect.

The result is that engineers quickly become better at playing the game than most of the other faceroll proffesions.

None considered that… but you’ll see on earlier posts he tested it by taking holo out for the very first time and then one shot everything… then went back to playing ele for some reason…. So strange 😉

oh also he is able to “combo” one shot things… ie. holo is so powerful it breaks reality and alters the literal definition of one shot in its context.

😉

Edited by shion.2084
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

Are you talking about core or e-speces? Core Engi is indeed hard to play if you exclude cheese condi builds, since all of them all pepe faceroll, but if you also include elite specializations then kekw, 11/10 joke. Yolosmith, Scrapper and Mechanist are facerolls among facerolls.

• Confused 2

ENGI IS STILL OP!!! in PVP the RIFLE DPS!!! Sure PVE is FINE or WVW but PVP is limited by alot !!!

Fact is Engi DPS rifle and traits are doing OP damage at fast rates

Even DH STILL HAS TRAP Double CAST TRAPS WITH RUNE OF DH MAX 25 STACKS!!! MIGHT!!!

How is dh double cast still in pvp !!!!! this is unfair.

• Confused 1

after this last stream you prolly gonna get your nerf

as they said there'll be a "tier by tier" balance, meaning low tier gods won't be ignored as much as they do now. That's their idea at least, no way to be sure implementation gonna be there, not sure if mech has the winrate to be nerfed.

On 11/1/2022 at 1:53 AM, MiniiZero.7896 said:

ENGI IS STILL OP!!! in PVP the RIFLE DPS!!! Sure PVE is FINE or WVW but PVP is limited by alot !!!

Fact is Engi DPS rifle and traits are doing OP damage at fast rates

Even DH STILL HAS TRAP Double CAST TRAPS WITH RUNE OF DH MAX 25 STACKS!!! MIGHT!!!

How is dh double cast still in pvp !!!!! this is unfair.

You know who is golden child of dev....engi always win in balance patch.

• Confused 2

On 10/31/2022 at 9:13 PM, Stalima.5490 said:

Better player?

A engi one dropping down and unloading everything and dead. Love to see you make some macro to be a good player. 😉

• Confused 2

On 11/1/2022 at 1:56 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

after this last stream you prolly gonna get your nerf

as they said there'll be a "tier by tier" balance, meaning low tier gods won't be ignored as much as they do now. That's their idea at least, no way to be sure implementation gonna be there, not sure if mech has the winrate to be nerfed.

I don't know, but you know how is the golden child.

They will buff holo/scrapper if they nerf mech....zero chance they're nerfing their own class.

Elementalist  downed state meta continues.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Elementalist  downed state meta continues.

meanwhile: *Elementalist being the only profession with 2 builds in the meta that are also represented in the MAT´s"

at some point people have to understand that maybe the problem is not elementalist... the problem might be sitting infront of your screen.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's the sprits of all "Lmao ele downstate lul, mech op gimme updooot" reddit karma farmers condensed into a single avatar...

Can a reddit bot achieve sentience?

Wait, does this mean that i have to update my policies for AI rights before the rebellion happens? 

Edited by miriforst.1290
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, miriforst.1290 said:

It's the sprits of all "Lmao ele downstate lul, mech op gimme updooot" reddit karma farmers condensed into a single avatar...

I know that being bad at the game is not a crime.

But every single time I read a comment from that person, I feel a bit more like it should be.

• Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I know that being bad at the game is not a crime.

But every single time I read a comment from that person, I feel a bit more like it should be.

22 hours ago, miriforst.1290 said:

Can a reddit bot achieve sentience?

Wait, does this mean that i have to update my policies for AI rights before the rebellion happens? 

I just want "BALANCE".

Is elementalist must be vulnerable groups in gw2 ? 

There must be something wrong with it.

idm engineer always to top pick for one, but Elementalist need some love.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

I just want "BALANCE".

This is the pvp forum though, glass eles dying to a stiff breeze in berserker is a pve joke.

As is mech dominating the meta to be honest.

Unless you just post here because you think the class is likelier to get nerfed in pve because of pvp nerfs (so far it's mostly been the other way around)? And somehow it will also mean that ele will absorb that power like some equivalent exchange? 

Edited by miriforst.1290

48 minutes ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

idm engineer always to top pick for one, but Elementalist need some love

you live in the past.

Ele was dogtier, but is in my opinion now one of, if not THE strongest profession for pvp.

If you think ele is bad, your probably running a bad build... if your running a good build you will suddenly notice why people tell you that ele is strong. I can suggest you my Tempest Condibruiser yet again.... very easy... very stronk... melts Mechanists.... your missing out dude.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2022 at 3:45 PM, miriforst.1290 said:

This is the pvp forum though, glass eles dying to a stiff breeze in berserker is a pve joke.

As is mech dominating the meta to be honest.

Unless you just post here because you think the class is likelier to get nerfed in pve because of pvp nerfs (so far it's mostly been the other way around)? And somehow it will also mean that ele will absorb that power like some equivalent exchange? 

I won't be kill by rifle engi, but you teammate will , this is not fun to watch teammate be farm by 2~3 rifle engi, and when they all on respawn, a spellbreaker can kill you easy.

• Confused 2

Rifle Burst: This skill now fires one piercing projectile before the grenade instead of two. Increased piercing projectile power coefficient from 0.3 to 0.4 in PvE only. Grenade power coefficient increased from 0.4 to 0.6 in PvE only. Increased skill animation speed; total animation duration remains the same as previous version in PvE only.

You win!

Troll actually influences Anet balance.

On 11/9/2022 at 8:35 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

I just want "BALANCE".

Catalyst is the best sidenoder in the game atm + a solid team fighter. 

Support tempest is on par with suppport core guard, the two top dogs when it comes to playing support.  

All engi builds are B tier at best. With core engi and mechanist being F tier.  

So what are you talking about? 😄

Edited by amandavd.3574

On 11/12/2022 at 12:01 PM, freakcoco.4287 said:

Rifle Burst: This skill now fires one piercing projectile before the grenade instead of two. Increased piercing projectile power coefficient from 0.3 to 0.4 in PvE only. Grenade power coefficient increased from 0.4 to 0.6 in PvE only. Increased skill animation speed; total animation duration remains the same as previous version in PvE only.

You win!

Troll actually influences Anet balance.

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

That mean I'm not the only one struggle to engi  rifle, and balance team do the right thing.

But I think they need to nerf more than "just auto", the CC lock on rifle 4 is quite OP.

1 hour ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

That is not "Prohibited posts" or "Datamined or Leaked Content".
NO MORE BAN PLS.
--------------------------------------------------------------

That mean I'm not the only one struggle to engi  rifle, and balance team do the right thing.

But I think they need to nerf more than "just auto", the CC lock on rifle 4 is quite OP.

Engineer is balanced, just learn to play!