Too soon to judge

Zekent.3652

Still too soon, and we've been seeing some posts that seems troll, saying that berserker is now worse, same with defense, and no, it's literally better, might not be meta, but still better.

No doubt that warrior still suffers the deep wound from 2020 patch tho, there are things that needs to be polished, just don't judge too soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I'm having a blast. Stalwart Strength - such a good feeling having so much stability.  The feeling I got seeing CC bounce off me like bullets off of superman's chest, holy moly did it feel good.

tank warrior is born on gw2? i hope so 

After testing it a bit myself. I admit, Defence line is way better now. Cleansing ire is better. Stalwart is very good. Even the fact that u get the protection after the defiant stance is over is good. Initially I thought u would get it instantly and that would be counter-intuitive with the stance but no. its good. I also like endure pain on my signet of  rage (although there is a bit of a delay for some reason - the defy pain comes almost 1/4 to 1/2secs after signet of rage gives the buffs to us). Adrenal health and berserk power giving a bit more on the first and second  iterations is also very good.

All we need now is some more dmg on our burst skills at least and everything will be better. Hammer can use some dmg on 4 and 5. like at least 2k-2.5k crits on full dmg build

Edited by thaniretouni.4762

2 minutes ago, thaniretouni.4762 said:

After testing it a bit myself. I admit, Defence line is way better now. Cleansing ire is better. Stalwart is very good. Even the fact that u get the protection after the defiant stance is over is good. Initially I thought u would get it instantly and that would be counter-intuitive with the stance but no. its good. I also like endure pain on my signet of  rage (although there is a bit of a delay for some reason - the defy pain comes almost 1/4 to 1/2secs after signet of rage gives the buffs to us). Adrenal health and berserk power giving a bit more on the first and second  iterations is also very good.

All we need now is some more dmg on our burst skills at least and everything will be better. Hammer can use some dmg on 4 and 5. like at least 2k-2.5k crits on full dmg build

Yeah, to be honest Berserker's Power with Strength runes is feeling a bit too mandatory to be able to execute adequate amounts of damage that still are not comparable to other classes (like Willbender, Soulbeast, Mechanist just to name a few). But otherwise its been a while since I've seen an Arcing Slice reliably hit for 10k+ in WvW and I saw that today so that is progress. Still takes a lot of hill climbing to get that, but again...progress.

1 minute ago, felix.2386 said:

literally plenty EU NA top player already called it garbage while all the low gold keep saying its awesome or its too soon to judge

simply the difference between a senior and a junior

I said it in another thread; I hesitate to take their initial word on it. Not because I doubt their knowledge or skill, I doubt their...intentions. We're talking about people that game the system more than play the game. People seem to have forgotten what these people got exposed for doing that they did for years.

• Like 1

Just now, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Yeah, to be honest Berserker's Power with Strength runes is feeling a bit too mandatory to be able to execute adequate amounts of damage that still are not comparable to other classes (like Willbender, Soulbeast, Mechanist just to name a few). But otherwise its been a while since I've seen an Arcing Slice reliably hit for 10k+ in WvW and I saw that today so that is progress. Still takes a lot of hill climbing to get that, but again...progress.

I said it in another thread; I hesitate to take their initial word on it. Not because I doubt their knowledge or skill, I doubt their...intentions. We're talking about people that game the system more than play the game. People seem to have forgotten what these people got exposed for doing that they did for years.

Come and check the post i ll make in a minute 😄

Just now, felix.2386 said:

lol, is this something really you have to wonder about?

Yeah because why number one - why not and number 2 - i think you are somekind tryhard playing thief or ranger idk 😛 as for warriors, if top players you mentioned are necro/thiefs/mehas funboys then no wonder they call warrior trash no matter what arena did (regardless if ArenaNet was right about something or not when it comes down to warrior) cause they simply dont want deal with good warriors, look how many streamers gw2 play warriors? i dint saw any, but necro for example? quite oppositive, i quess warrior was in bad place for so long is simply because players picks more popular classes (meha for example, since eod relase, i stop see holosmiths on wvw/pvp, now only meha are we can encounter, wich imo are not much strong as holosmiths, but it just my opinion) i play warrior since game comes free to play and still dont have the urge to reroll class, why you may ask? let me tell you secret of mine as Warrior main ... Warrior is...FUN, yeah i said it, i found this underpowered class fun to play and have more than 15k hours on my main 

• Like 1

for me personally as of now its too soon for me to judge, i need to get more fights in against a larger variety of opponents and using more builds.

the only thing i can say with certainty is the change to cleansing ire is a big deal for me, that was one of the changes i felt very evidently positive and impactful. *but i still wish that it triggered on burst use instead of hit. 🙃

also regardless, this is definitely still a big improvement to whatever we had before the patch.

now.. waiting for that followup. 🙏

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

Berserker can afford to run more glass in roaming. It has more consistent output. If it's "bugs" are fixed it will be very fluid. And if Berserk is given back the Burst classification.

Defense is definitely much easier to work with and finally gives things with traits that I was looking for in runes and gear in the past. This greatly helped my builds. 

Spellbreaker gets a bit of a different playstyle with defense, augmenting it's ability and Zerker can finally play Hammer and not meme. 

Glad to see some dmg added to CC, Shake it Off was a wonderful change. 

All I personally need now is for some Rage skill buffs (condi clears ahem) and the change of the traits with adrenaline on use, rather than on hit. Would love a bit of a faster animation on Headbutt and more boon duration on SoR.

Other than that, waiting for a rework on Arms, Swords, Maces and tweaks on Discipline and Tactics. Rifle and Longbow should be looked at eventually (define their roles and improve their output).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Berserker can afford to run more glass in roaming. It has more consistent output. If it's "bugs" are fixed it will be very fluid. And if Berserk is given back the Burst classification.

Defense is definitely much easier to work with and finally gives things with traits that I was looking for in runes and gear in the past. This greatly helped my builds. 

Spellbreaker gets a bit of a different playstyle with defense, augmenting it's ability and Zerker can finally play Hammer and not meme. 

Glad to see some dmg added to CC, Shake it Off was a wonderful change. 

All I personally need now is for some Rage skill buffs (condi clears ahem) and the change of the traits with adrenaline on use, rather than on hit. Would love a bit of a faster animation on Headbutt and more boon duration on SoR.

Other than that, waiting for a rework on Arms, Swords, Maces and tweaks on Discipline and Tactics. Rifle and Longbow should be looked at eventually (define their roles and improve their output).

I'd argue Warrior weapon skill coefficients could use a bump in the upwards direction, burst skills included in this. Damage still feeling on the lackluster side compared to what other classes can execute with their combos. Still genuinely feeling like we have to work twice or thrice as hard to just barely reach comparable damage.

Been fighting Vindicators, Willbenders and such and they just seem to be able to fairly nonchalantly have adequate modifiers, and boons, activated to amp up their damage. Warrior has to have them CC'd, have previously hit with a burst skill multiple times or at 3 bars of adrenaline, with might stacks (that are not easy to accumulate without Tactics), not be blinded, not be dumping it onto aegis, not have weakness...its a whole thing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I'd argue Warrior weapon skill coefficients could use a bump in the upwards direction, burst skills included in this. Damage still feeling on the lackluster side compared to what other classes can execute with their combos. Still genuinely feeling like we have to work twice or thrice as hard to just barely reach comparable damage.

Been fighting Vindicators, Willbenders and such and they just seem to be able to fairly nonchalantly have adequate modifiers, and boons, activated to amp up their damage. Warrior has to have them CC'd, have previously hit with a burst skill multiple times or at 3 bars of adrenaline, with might stacks (that are not easy to accumulate without Tactics), not be blinded, not be dumping it onto aegis, not have weakness...its a whole thing.

Current Vindicator double dodge in WvW roaming is kittenous.

Willbenders can easily have a selection of up to 10 diff boons nigh-perma. Warrior needs all the PvE weapon buffs and more, alongside some added bonuses. Still don't know why Berserker's power didn't become a 25% etc.

12 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Current Vindicator double dodge in WvW roaming is kittenous.

Willbenders can easily have a selection of up to 10 diff boons nigh-perma. Warrior needs all the PvE weapon buffs and more, alongside some added bonuses. Still don't know why Berserker's power didn't become a 25% etc.

It is entirely possible that they wanted to not give Warrior such a power boost, this patch, while making changes to what is, in essence, the self sustain trait line (Defense) so that it didn't end up too tanky along with getting a ton of damage bumps. So they may want to scope out how things play out with Warrior's self sustain with these changes, see what adjustments that might need and see where Warrior's damage lands, overall, in PvP with those changed traits that give boosts (Cull The Weak and Aggressive Onslaught).

Just a theory.

I do think Warrior will need some coefficient bumps, maybe not to precisely PvE levels but higher than what we have. Burst Skills in particular...I think maybe PvE coefficients or close enough to them. Make them genuinely worthwhile to land with all that Adrenaline build up.

Edited by KryTiKaL.3125

4 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Yeah I've been saying this for a bit now, it feels like all of Warrior's weapon DPS is balanced with Strength traitline in mind and having high might stacks all the time. Playing without strength you have pitiful damage unless you're striking at the glassiest things you can encounter.  Honestly wouldn't mind nerfing or reworking Pinnacle of Strength if it meant having good coefficient weapon damage.  Either that or making Fast hands and Versatile Rage as baseline mechanics to warrior if they want to keep pidgeon holing us into strength for any sort of decent damage. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Yeah I've been saying this for a bit now, it feels like all of Warrior's weapon DPS is balanced with Strength traitline in mind and having high might stacks all the time. Playing without strength you have pitiful damage unless you're striking at the glassiest things you can encounter.  Honestly wouldn't mind nerfing or reworking Pinnacle of Strength if it meant having good coefficient weapon damage.  Either that or making Fast hands and Versatile Rage as baseline mechanics to warrior if they want to keep pidgeon holing us into strength for any sort of decent damage. 

This. 

@Cal Cohen.2358 @Double Tap Over all the changes where fine and decent. Only problem we see now. Warriors burst skills over all need to deal more damage! And yes i meant burst skills  not just trait buffs or souch. For example. I where do some 1v1s against a Power chrono and well. He where able to 100%-0% life me just with only half his burst comb. While I need to burst hit him two up to three time before get anything done. And this is against an glass chrono! Dont want to see how many time i need to kill something more tanky. So pls yes buff its burst skills and rage burst skills ! This need also to be done in PvE tho! Its just "only" a number buff thing so do this and we might see Berserker shine again! 

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Thanks 1

From a casual player's point of view I have to say that my condi berserker with defense traits feels feels like 3000% more indestructible and versatile now with minimal changes to my build. And he felt pretty good before, easily beating up champions my thief had serious troubles with.

Of course this might look totally different in organized play.