Can we change Jade Mech size?

Chie.3061

5 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

I thought the bots/mechs were powered by jade tech; not necessarily made of pure jade?

Yes. This was my point about jade being green.  I appreciate the earlier poster's information on varying colors of jade, but apparently in Cantha jade is green because it's green all over the place.  🙂

• Confused 4

14 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Yes. This was my point about jade being green.  I appreciate the earlier poster's information on varying colors of jade, but apparently in Cantha jade is green because it's green all over the place.  🙂

But that's my point. The Jade Bot is also made out of that Green Jade and yet they managed to come up with alternative skins that are not the green color. So Anet made your argument invalid before you even made it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I mean, sure, size is one thing, but can we please get other skins for it with different colors as well? If Anet can make skins for the Jade Bot, why not the Jade Mech

I don't think having cosmetic gem store purchases that can only be used by one class would be a great idea. But it should've at least been dyeable in the first place.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I don't think having cosmetic gem store purchases that can only be used by one class would be a great idea. But it should've at least been dyeable in the first place.

It's perhaps not a great idea, but at the same time I'd spend gems on that in a second. But your idea of it being dyeable is a good one as well, except I'm just not too fond of this "I've gone to the gym all my life"- look. Still hoping for an amber variant that looks a bit more sleek and smaller indeed, but that's close to wishful thinking I suppose...oh well, a guy can dream right?

• Like 1

It really is too big and persistent. I mean I used to think the grizzly gear was kinda big and covers up players and iboga but OMG mech is taller and wider than even Norn Male players and a few in the squad and you, no joke, cannot see yourself of maybe anyone in the stack.

Like mech or not the visual scale is just flat out bad design.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
On 10/14/2022 at 8:45 PM, Doggie.3184 said:

You can; Type in "/petsize [pet name] small/medium/large" or just "/petsize all small." 

It will change the size for the pets client-side so you can have them look how you want them to for yourself personally and not effect others people's game.

Source

I got excited, until I clicked the link, and realized that it was a final fantasy game mechanic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In regard to visual clutter, both as a result of no mechanical alternative and popular niche user preferences:

Jade mechs are visual clutter that are presently making the game look worse in crowded areas. Its design is not bad, but it is too common. The same thing many times becomes less good. It always looks the same and everyone is running this class and so basically you have peppered your world with visual noise that all looks the same. The city splash screens should have tons of pictures of the same jade mech copy pasted onto them to be more accurate. Not judging mechanists or anything, they don't like this either.

Sorry if that sounds intense - but its true.

Skins, size change, colour change would all help make it look less like a graphical representation of someones spam folder.

Its just something that has to happen to preserve some art direction and immersion. It looks bad right now because its an easy class to play so like everyone has these things surrounding them.

Much of the visual clutter that happened during the years has slowly gone away due to the amazing efforts of the art team at providing different looking options that appeal to a good percent of the players, thus ensuring some diversity in armor skins, weapon skins, even chairs and mounts. Unfortunately, the jade mech represents a huge step backward in regard to this. Nobody wants to look at the same thing copy pasted in every environment.

PS: Also, we will probably need even more skimpy armour thats basically bikinis now or this will create the same problem since some was recently added and blew up in popularity. Hey, its spring, so a nice beach area and some 'kinis would land nice with people. Most people using the same armour skins now, though. Not a complaint - I like the new skins, I look savage. (they avoided this kinda thing for a long while, most likely for this reason and also censor reasons).. Just want more so everyone doesn't look copy pasted.

(PS #2: Also, unrelated but I'd still like a bunny ranger pet, please.)

Something needs to be done with Jade Mechs, I'm an Engineer main and as much as I love the gameplay of Mechanist, the Jade Mech itself is so obnoxious to look at. I'm Asura and I have to constantly dismiss it so I can actually see my character out of combat half the time. It's very annoying.

Edited by Sean.6297
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1