Can we change Jade Mech size?

Chie.3061

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Already been requested. Please use the forums search function.

Since nothing was done, perhaps the first requests weren't phrased properly? 

@kharmin.7683How do you feel about necro threads?  Would you have preferred that OP replied to an older thread rather than start a new one?  Some folks are rather touchy about resurrecting old threads.  Is it acceptable to reply when a thread has had no replies for three weeks? Three months? When should an old thread be discarded and replaced with a new one?  I feel that the answers to these questions could help OP become the sort of forum member you might approve of.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Since nothing was done, perhaps the first requests weren't phrased properly? 

@kharmin.7683How do you feel about necro threads?  Would you have preferred that OP replied to an older thread rather than start a new one?  Some folks are rather touchy about resurrecting old threads.  Is it acceptable to reply when a thread has had no replies for three weeks? Three months? When should an old thread be discarded and replaced with a new one?  I feel that the answers to these questions could help OP become the sort of forum member you might approve of.

Why even make a post ( since 99.9% of the time the question have already been asked and answered) just search and read the old threads

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why even make a post ( since 99.9% of the time the question have already been asked and answered) just search and read the old threads

A few issues with searching and reading old threads:

• You have to know exactly how to refine the searches because often topic do not describe what you're looking for. If you make the search term too general, you'll be going through pages and pages looking at topic titles to see if any of them address what you're looking for.
  • Once you locate something that may satisfy your search, you may be looking at a huge thread. Often, there will be 2 people arguing back and forth over unrelated issue (maybe over some semantics) for pages upon pages. If I do encounter that, I'll read the OP's comments and read the last few posts. That's it.
  • Question asked but who provide the answers? It's just a bunch of differing opinions. Not real answers.
  • There is no such thing as everything has been asked and answered. New people may have new perspectives. How many different opinions are there? Count the number of players. Some may be similar but they're never exactly the same. Someone may have discussed it but I have not. And everyone has a right to voice their own opinions on this forum.
  • Things change. Updates to the game may make some of those opinions obsolete. And I have no desire to read through all those.
  • Will posting in old threads cause it to be locked? I've seen a few that were for no rhymes or reasons. No reasons given. Just locked after a comment that's not even remotely controversial.
  • If similar threads kept being created, it's because it's an issue for many. Leaving it dead and buried doesn't resolve the problem. Maybe a new thread may catch the eye of some Devs who think the matters deserve looking into.
  • If Anet wants to limit similar threads being created, maybe they should assign a few staff to actively engage with the players like some games do. If something is not feasible, they can just tell us no and the reason for it. And that'll be the end of it.

I'm sure I can think of many more reasons but I have a game to play.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

As sad as it is, Arenanet seems to simply not want us to be able to change its size.

By all appearances (or rather their lack of doing as little as acknowledging this issue), they seem to be happy with this abomination blocking the cameras of their players way too often.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

As someone who likes mechanist, I definitely want this.  It's bad enough that mechanists are well known for being a meta-dominating easy class, but having such a massive flag of "There are six mechanists in this strike" getting in everyone's way is really not helping.

I'll repeat my suggesting from another thread of replacing the mech with a jade bot, and letting players use the jade bot skins for customisation (and maybe "dye" the default as well).  That way it massively reduces the visual noise, whilst also giving something back the mech players who are losing a big shiny.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Chie.3061 said:

I feel that the Jade Mech size is too large for my taste since it frequently gets in the way of seeing my own character.

If there was an option to change Jade Mech size that would be nice. 

That's why I just made a new maximum sized Norn to be my mechanist.

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2022 at 3:55 AM, Chie.3061 said:

I feel that the Jade Mech size is too large for my taste since it frequently gets in the way of seeing my own character.

If there was an option to change Jade Mech size that would be nice. 

Easy workaround: press H, go to your trait selection, change Mechanist for Scrapper, Holosmith or even a core trait line. After that your Mech will be so tiny, you won't even notice it anymore. Bonus: you're much less of a visual nuissance for all other players around you aswell.

You're welcome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

Easy workaround: press H, go to your trait selection, change Mechanist for Scrapper, Holosmith or even a core trait line. After that your Mech will be so tiny, you won't even notice it anymore. Bonus: you're much less of a visual nuissance for all other players around you aswell.

You're welcome.

But wait, there's an even better solution to all those other players that consider you a nuisance. They all can simply logout, and all will be well. I'm sure that you can agree that's an even simpler solution than yours.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

But wait, there's an even better solution to all those other players that consider you a nuisance. They all can simply logout, and all will be well. I'm sure that you can agree that's an even simpler solution than yours.

Yeah, that obviously would work too. But then again... nah. I rather give an individual hints how to do something for the greater good with little effort instead of expecting a large group to take drastic meassures to solve a rather singular issue. But each to their liking. (Just in case you're going to follow your own advice- I can has your stuff?)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nash.2681 said:

Yeah, that obviously would work too. But then again... nah. I rather give an individual hints how to do something for the greater good with little effort instead of expecting a large group to take drastic meassures to solve a rather singular issue. But each to their liking. (Just in case you're going to follow your own advice- I can has your stuff?)

No, it's my pet Roomba, you can't have it. And i will be flashing it in your face with great satisfaction.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Because jade is green?

Sure it is.

(hint: sure, green is the most known and most common, but other versions seem to also exist - and even within the base green there's a ton of different variations. Radioactive green jade seems actually quite rare, as so far GW2 is the only example i could find of it.).

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1