Petition to make Edge of the Mists one of the 3 borderlands

WilliamThe.2674

Just add it as a second EBG instead, that way it still serves its purpose as an overflow. Its a bit annoying right now, but with gliding, Warclaw and proper matchup rewards it'll be fine.

Our next Borderlands should probably be a jungle border featuring Siege Turtle.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

🙄

We haven't heard this suggestion before! oh boy I wonder if maps work differently? do they give out different amount of points? do they have different amount of objectives? who knows! who cares! lets make a brilliant suggestion and see if it sticks! I'm sure my name will go down as a legend for this suggestion! they may even give me a unique title for it I'm sure! Quad Mapper! Oh and make sure you place it as the red map and give green the desert map Anet so we can screw with Mag! 🤭

🤡

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Been talking about that one for a while.  Could see it as a fifth map especially when we get to Alliances since they could adjust the populations planning on 5 maps versus 4. But its going to draw more people that either like EBG or DBL and probably less from the ABL crowd so leaving them with 2 makes some sense as well so its not so disruptive to everyone. But +1 from.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

🙄

We haven't heard this suggestion before! oh boy I wonder if maps work differently? do they give out different amount of points? do they have different amount of objectives? who knows! who cares! lets make a brilliant suggestion and see if it sticks! I'm sure my name will go down as a legend for this suggestion! they may even give me a unique title for it I'm sure! Quad Mapper! Oh and make sure you place it as the red map and give green the desert map Anet so we can screw with Mag! 🤭

🤡

And no Xen that is not an alt account of mine.  I still like the idea of flipping Red and Green for 1 & 3. 🙂

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

2 hours ago, Vulkan.1375 said:

A clown petition. 🤡 It's better to delete the desert map that everyone hates, put the alpine map back and remove tier 5.
But apparently it's too complicated for Anet to do what the majority wants. 🐒

Hi. Welcome to Forum Wars 2. Err maybe we are up to three or four now. We can remove 1 DBL for the price of 2 ABLs and then we can chat. So are we going with 3 EoTMs and 1 EBG? Done. Anet lets see it in place next week.

On 10/13/2022 at 12:03 AM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

i'm not a fan of all the ledges that favor troll builds that can knock you off. that map is pure garbaggio and i can't imagine whoever thought that nonsense was a good idea.

EotM illustrated a whopping gulf between the mentality of WvW players and the mentality of the studio. 

It's a battle for control of the user experience;

• Arenanet wants to CURATE an experience as they do with PvE.
  • WvW players want a sandbox where they get to make the content themselves, place siege wherever they like etc, fight in different locations and so on and so forth.

Had Arenanet created a far less convoluted map with far fewer complex events, they could have saved a great many manhours and had a much happier player-base.

Keep It Simple, Stupid!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Svarty.8019 said:

EotM illustrated a whopping gulf between the mentality of WvW players and the mentality of the studio. 

It's a battle for control of the user experience;

• Arenanet wants to CURATE an experience as they do with PvE.
  • WvW players want a sandbox where they get to make the content themselves, place siege wherever they like etc, fight in different locations and so on and so forth.

Had Arenanet created a far less convoluted map with far fewer complex events, they could have saved a great many manhours and had a much happier player-base.

Keep It Simple, Stupid!

Will disagree even if I was also driven off ledges. Tactics and positioning, chokepoints. What made EoTM more interesting was that there were spots where a few could hold many and added depth into gameplay because players needed to think and choose where they fought. Having to think were you stood was important. The land features impacted gameplay. ABL was stale in a year. We are 9+ into it. Terrain adds tactical play and allows for diversity, diversity adds longevity into the game mode as different tactics and builds can be employed in different areas. Simple maps are only an answer to losing more players over time than we have already lost.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you want a gimmick map, they can just finish filling out Desert with interactive features, then add a lot of water with islands and objects or rewards to fight over like nodes or materials. Then they can activate Skiffs and add larger moving platforms on a schedule for map travel but also being fun areas to fight on.

I get the principle of why some people want EotM back but it really did suck to fight on and for all of it's features, blobs would just run in scripted circles anyway. 

56 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

If you want a gimmick map, they can just finish filling out Desert with interactive features, then add a lot of water with islands and objects or rewards to fight over like nodes or materials. Then they can activate Skiffs and add larger moving platforms on a schedule for map travel but also being fun areas to fight on.

I get the principle of why some people want EotM back but it really did suck to fight on and for all of it's features, blobs would just run in scripted circles anyway. 

Kash, I know not going to win you over. That said blobs could be countered on EoTM, where as on ABL, they just run you over. Now, I don't want ANet to think we all think ABL is the best design. And as you put it, ABL is the definition to scripted blob circles. Blue tactic, hold middle, red/green run over bay and hills while blue holds Garri and then three way fight at Garri till blue dead. Map reset, leave map allow blue to reclaim all and repeat. No I would hope any new maps if we get them have more complexity and allow for all levels of play outside of just zerg play.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 5:13 AM, Vulkan.1375 said:

A clown petition. 🤡 It's better to delete the desert map that everyone hates, put the alpine map back and remove tier 5.

"Everyone"

Some people like it.

On 10/12/2022 at 6:24 PM, WilliamThe.2674 said:

As Follows;

Eternal Battle Grounds

Alpine Borderland

Desert Borderland

Edge of the Mists Borderland 

Title says it all! Sign and have your voice heard! 

I always thought they should have done a HoT BL or a Cantha BL or whatever new xpac they come up with.

in addition every new Living world map (or season) could have its own wvw map to put into a rotation.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 11:13 PM, Vulkan.1375 said:

desert map is great. if you don't play it you'll never get use to it.

• Like 1